PDA

View Full Version : DURAMAX how does it look

Eliminator 4 Life
09-26-2006, 03:05 PM
I just dusted a duramax.. I wanted to know how he likes the rear end of my Dodge :) :) :crossx:

Beer-30
09-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Ok. You've had your day in the sun. The next time you try that, your Dodge tranny is gonna grenade all over the road. Don't do that again.

Eliminator 4 Life
09-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Ok. You've had your day in the sun. The next time you try that, your Dodge tranny is gonna grenade all over the road. Don't do that again.
Naw I just know when to race and punch it.. It wont happen opps hold on let me knock on wood :220v: :skull:

Wmc
09-26-2006, 03:12 PM
your not going to dust my Duramax :crossx:maybe he felt sorry for you :yuk: so bring it

Eliminator 4 Life
09-26-2006, 03:17 PM
your not going to dust my Duramax :crossx:maybe he felt sorry for you :yuk: so bring it
fawk bud ill be in Havasu this weekend so bring it :skull:

djunkie
09-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Hey maybe next time you should tell him you wanna race so he'll actually step on the throttle. :crossx:

Cole Trickle
09-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Racing Diesels is like beating off with sand paper!!!
It just dosen't make sense!! :crossx:
Don't start quoting numbers from tripple stacked Disels with tranny upgrades :p
Only a UPS driver would think a programmed diesel with 37's is fast;):D

76ANTHONY
09-26-2006, 03:25 PM
im fricken laughin my azz off over here, a ups driver, hahahaha :cry: :) :)

Eliminator 4 Life
09-26-2006, 03:28 PM
You smart ass lil fawker haha who is tripple stacked only an idiot would do that and who has 37's stick to insurance biatch :yuk:

squirt'nmyload
09-26-2006, 03:30 PM
im fricken laughin my azz off over here, a ups driver, hahahaha :cry: :) :)
this is going to turn out like the smoked a cig thread

Wmc
09-26-2006, 03:31 PM
you can use your Pops and get in this. oh it's a Ford maybe you shouldn't :yuk:

Cole Trickle
09-26-2006, 03:33 PM
You smart ass lil fawker haha who is tripple stacked only an idiot would do that and who has 37's stick to insurance biatch :yuk:
:crossx: :crossx: :p
35....37.....42? all the same to me :p
<----- hasn't always done Insurance:D

Cole Trickle
09-26-2006, 03:34 PM
you can use your Pops and get in this. oh it's a Ford maybe you shouldn't :yuk:
shoot I will race you in the 5.3L stock gasser
If that dosen't work you can play with my other chebby:D;)

Placecraft Dragstar
09-26-2006, 03:42 PM
I HAVE SMOKED A FEW DURAMAXS MYSELF :cry: WITH MY DODGE AND NO MY TRANNY WILL NOT BLOW UP :crossx: NOTHING IS MORE EMBARRASSING THEN TO GET BEAT BY A DODGE :eat: :hammerhea
THE BOW TIE TRUCK IS FOR LITTLE BOYS :crossx: :crossx:
DOES'NT DODGE HAVE THE SPEED RECORD FOR DIESELS

Cole Sanger
09-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Next time you should race him when he isn't pulling a house. That's the only way a dodge could beat a CHEVY. Did he know you were racing? LOL!

Cole Trickle
09-26-2006, 03:46 PM
I HAVE SMOKED A FEW DURAMAXS MYSELF :cry: WITH MY DODGE AND NO MY TRANNY WILL NOT BLOW UP :crossx: NOTHING IS MORE EMBARRASSING THEN TO GET BEAT BY A DODGE :eat: :hammerhea
Only if you count the One off Banks Dodge Dakota.
I wen't to the Dodge dealer and couldn't find it on the lot?;)

Run_em_Hard
09-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Diesel racin is real world shit...there is nothing better than jumpin in a 400+ hp, 850+ tourqe beast and woopin on anyone you can find.

Cole Trickle
09-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Diesel racin is real world shit...there is nothing better than jumpin in a 400+ hp, 850+ tourqe beast and woopin on anyone you can find.
I would much rather jump in a 6speed 550HP 3200lb car than a 400hp 6500lb tractor :crossx:

Eliminator 4 Life
09-26-2006, 04:51 PM
Next time you should race him when he isn't pulling a house. That's the only way a dodge could beat a CHEVY. Did he know you were racing? LOL!
when he starts steeping on his peddle trying to blow smoke before I even get to the line its a good indication he wants some of the DODGE. As bad as I meet him maybe I should have been pulling his house :)

vee-driven
09-26-2006, 04:55 PM
I Thought This Was A, My Diesel Is Faster Than Your Diesel Thread.

vee-driven
09-26-2006, 04:58 PM
if i had a dodge i would be hauling ass too, so friends didnt see me and start laughing.

Beer-30
09-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Dude, quit yelling.

INSman
09-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Dodge, please... You must have come up against a Duramax running on (3) cylinders :220v:
The only people that buy Dodge are those that could not afford a GMC or Chevy equipped with the Duramax/Allison combo :cool:

Run_em_Hard
09-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Dodge, please... You must have come up against a Duramax running on (3) cylinders :220v:
The only people that buy Dodge are those that could not afford a GMC or Chevy equipped with the Duramax/Allison combo :cool:
I run my i-6 against any v-8 I can find. Chevs are for old men that can't lift thier leg high enough to get into a dodge. :p :p

BLOWN HOWARD
09-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Easy there BIG ROB!!!!! Next time your down this way call me and we will run em!!!!! Dont forget the PINKSLIP!!!!!!! CAN YOU SAY STACKED!!!!!!

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 06:40 PM
The only reason you smoked him is because your emission level is near toxic, with all the black smoke blwing from that pipe, in addition blowing a red light does not mean you won :boxed:

Jordy
09-26-2006, 07:17 PM
I HAVE SMOKED A FEW DURAMAXS MYSELF
Did they know they were racing you??? :idea:
WITH MY DODGE AND NO MY TRANNY WILL NOT BLOW UP
Yeah??? How many thousands of dollars did you spend on an aftermarket tranny to replace/repair the factory tranny that won't hold up??? :D
NOTHING IS MORE EMBARRASSING THEN TO GET BEAT BY A DODGE :eat: :hammerhea
Why would you say that? Are you admitting they suck??? :idea:
That must be it or it wouldn't be embarassing. :D
I still think that getting beat by some little flat biller in a fart can car would be right up there. ;)
THE BOW TIE TRUCK IS FOR LITTLE BOYS :crossx:
If you say so.
I hate to admit it, but the speed in which they get on the wrecker and back into the service bay has to be some kind of a record. :D :D

79Challenger
09-26-2006, 07:22 PM
I have smoked Dmaxs', Powerstrokes, and the cummins with my supercharged our banger Saturn!
There are some blistering fast diesels out there.... just haven't seen one.

Jrocket
09-26-2006, 08:17 PM
NOTHING IS MORE EMBARRASSING THEN TO GET BEAT BY A DODGE
Sure there is,owning one.

Eliminator 4 Life
09-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Sure there is,owning one.
Jrocket you always find away to rain on my parade. I must say I really dont see anything embarrasing about this DODGE...
http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125735

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Jrocket you always find away to rain on my parade. I must say I really dont see anything embarrasing about this DODGE...
You rained on it yourself when you bought two sub-standard items, a dodge and an eliminator....
You can only blame yourself :boxed: :boxed: :boxed:

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-26-2006, 08:31 PM
WTF is a Duramax.

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 08:34 PM
WTF is a Duramax.
UMMMMMMMMMMMM,
:boxed: you own one honey.....

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-26-2006, 08:34 PM
UMMMMMMMMMMMM,
I do?

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 08:36 PM
I do?
Go look at the truck in your driveway :boxed:

Eliminator 4 Life
09-26-2006, 08:37 PM
You rained on it yourself when you bought two sub-standard items, a dodge and an eliminator....
You can only blame yourself :boxed: :boxed: :boxed:
fawk ill be at your house friday so I can show you :crossx:

Jrocket
09-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Ya know,I'll step down and let you have a day of sun.Enjoy!
But do remind me later to explain to you my thoughts on Dodges. :p

Eliminator 4 Life
09-26-2006, 08:40 PM
UMMMMMMMMMMMM,
Jaimes truck is gas unless he got a new one

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Go look at the truck in your driveway :boxed:
ROTFLMAO!! I just asked Jamie. he said Yeah a duramax. with the edge.
So Robbie. I'll race and beat your ass anyday Mofo.. :) then you can let me know how it looks.

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Jaimes truck is gas unless he got a new one
yep new one. last year new anyway. :)

Eliminator 4 Life
09-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Ya know,I'll step down and let you have a day of sun.Enjoy!
But do remind me later to explain to you my thoughts on Dodges. :p
Thanks Brother how you been and where you been hidding

GETSOME
09-26-2006, 08:45 PM
I would much rather jump in a 6speed 550HP 3200lb car than a 400hp 6500lb tractor :crossx:
Calling the kettle black? you just wanted to trade for my diesel for the vette..
Apples to apples and grapes to grapes. then again the diesel can pull a 35 toy hauler a 38 foot skater and still go to the store and get food. To each there own.
Out of the new diesel they all have there problems but the one with the least problems is chevy. Dodge and there trannys. Chevy and overheating. And Ford (too much to list)
If i could do it all over again i would have never lifted my truck. It will be lowered from 37s to 35s and from almost a 10 inch lift to 7inch.

Kilrtoy
09-26-2006, 08:48 PM
So Robbie. I'll race and beat your ass anyday Mofo.. :) then you can let me know how it looks.
It will be ok honey, I know you are losing your mind,...... :boxed:

GETSOME
09-26-2006, 08:48 PM
2005 GMC 2500HD LLY "Casper" - 11.770 @ 114.56 on #2. 674rwhp on Diesel Only. EFILive "2CP3" Tuning, Mike L Suncoast Trans, PPE Dual CP3's, "McRat Special" HTT turbo.
Ohh diesels are slow tractors :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-26-2006, 08:51 PM
It will be ok honey, I know you are losing your mind,...... :boxed:
I think it is already gone. :cry: :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-26-2006, 08:53 PM
2005 GMC 2500HD LLY "Casper" - 11.770 @ 114.56 on #2. 674rwhp on Diesel Only. EFILive "2CP3" Tuning, Mike L Suncoast Trans, PPE Dual CP3's, "McRat Special" HTT turbo.
:idea: :hammerhea :p

Eliminator 4 Life
09-26-2006, 08:56 PM
Bring it Char :crossx:

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Bring it Char :crossx:
you know I will. I'll even put the Rhino in the back so you can tell me how it looks in the back of the truck too. :)

Eliminator 4 Life
09-26-2006, 09:06 PM
you know I will. I'll even put the Rhino in the back so you can tell me how it looks in the back of the truck too. :)
Ill be in town friday dont sing it bring it :p

Beer-30
09-27-2006, 04:23 AM
This is a simple deal. It's the standard case of the Duramax driver backing out of the throttle because his/her hands are off of the steering wheel - holding them over their ears from the deafening rattle of the Dodge. It's OK Rob, it happens. :)

ratso
09-27-2006, 04:55 AM
That's what I'm talking about! :crossx:

The Jerk
09-27-2006, 05:43 AM
im too lazy to quote some of the replies. As stated they all have their ins and outs. I have a dodge. I like the simple inline motor. easy to work on and upgrade yourself(any year). Get a manual and double clutch and then you just jump gears to keep up.
Either or. Its just too cool pacing a 5 liter mustang or any other "race" car then just look over and stab it(hope he is in the right lane windows down) FOG city.....
I still want a single cab 2wd 98 dodge CTD lowered on bags and 4 link rear with all the motor goodies to drive as a daily driver. license plate reading " CCC YAA
jiMMy

NOTALENT
09-27-2006, 05:43 AM
To bad he didnt know you two were racing....He was probably thinking....look at the duma a s s!!!! :crossx:

hoolign
09-27-2006, 06:37 AM
www.deiselplace.com if ya wanna see what "work trucks" can do.

STV_Keith
09-27-2006, 07:13 AM
www.deiselplace.com if ya wanna see what "work trucks" can do.
Diesel is spelled DIESEL, Hooli...here's your link: www.dieselplace.com
Anyway, HMMMM..... VIDEO LINK (http://www.dieseldynamics.com/videos/mm02/keith-jim.mpg)

MRS FLYIN VEE
09-27-2006, 07:15 AM
Ill be in town friday dont sing it bring it :p
well I will be there Thursday. So I guess I could say I am already ahead of you. :)

STV_Keith
09-27-2006, 07:19 AM
When you guys are ready for some decent HP, here you go: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=190034417202

Dave C
09-27-2006, 07:27 AM
classic... :rollside: :crossx:
I hate to admit it, but the speed in which they get on the wrecker and back into the service bay has to be some kind of a record. :D :D

hoolign
09-27-2006, 07:31 AM
Diesel is spelled DIESEL, Hooli...here's your link: www.dieselplace.com
Anyway, HMMMM..... VIDEO LINK (http://www.dieseldynamics.com/videos/mm02/keith-jim.mpg)
My spelling sux today! I joined that site a few years ago. There is some very good advice in there! I got more help form that site than I ever did form GM.

Dave C
09-27-2006, 07:36 AM
BTW who f-ing cares.. (unless you are trying to get a rise of them then carry on ;) ) as long as your diesel truck of choice blows off the fart can ricers and five point slows, then its all good.... ;) :rollside:

Cole Trickle
09-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Diesels are for towing
Tell McRat to hook his truck up to a loaded 35 Foot Fifth wheel at those power levels and let me know how long the tranny and motor last. :p
I think they are amazing and I have driven/tuned my fare share of Diesels but if you don't need to move a big load I wouldn't own one.

Dave C
09-27-2006, 08:22 AM
the tractor is all good ... until you have to make a turn at speed. :rollside:
LOL good point. I use mine to pull a 38' fifth wheel. Even fully loaded it hauls arse, especially uphill.

driverno8
09-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Ok. Long time looker, first time poster.
WMC - Bring it! I'll be in Havasu this weekend as well. Give me a time and place. And I'll let you look at the back end a lifted Dodge. It's a lifted Charcoal Grey Quad Cab Longbed. Keep an eye, or ear, out for it.
Cole - Why? Because getting 7000+ lbs to run 12 sec quarter miles and still get 16 mpg while towing is addicting.
Beer30 - I don't care which manufacture you buy. Even the Duramax/Allison. You put some real power to it, it needs upgrading. Period. Look at GETSOMES ride...built tranny. By the way GETSOME, nice ride.

wright27
09-27-2006, 08:33 AM
As soon as you stepped on the gas he probably lifted because your Dodge is so dam loud and annoying he had to cover his ears.

Cole Trickle
09-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Ok. Long time looker, first time poster.
Cole - Why? Because getting 7000+ lbs to run 12 sec quarter miles and still get 16 mpg while towing is addicting.
Most of the moddified Diesels on the road are running a simple 80-120 HP program with Exhaust and an intake.
We both know it takes a ton more than that to get a 7,000lb truck into the 12's.(More like 2 programs and a shot of nitrous)
Also a truck that is tuned for 600HP and 1000TQ is not getting 16+ mpg. GETSOMES truck is sweet and I would take it off his hands in a heart beat but on stage 2-3 with his lift that truck gets maybe 12 miles to the gallon cruising at 75.
I am a huge fan of the Diesel performance market and know what they are capable of. I think it's cool to leave a light in 4 Hi chirping 33's but atthe same time I have seen uneducated people melt/gernade a motor and tranny throwing an un safe tune at there trucks that were designed to be a work horse for over 200K miles.
How much does a new allison or powerstroke/Duramax cost? I would wager quite a bit based on the tears from the 2 guys that blew up there trucks and dropped 17 qts of oil on the track last time I was at the strip.
PS.....welcome aboard! :)

Rocky
09-27-2006, 09:54 AM
To bad he didnt know you two were racing....He was probably thinking....look at the duma a s s!!!! :crossx:
Thats Funny and true. Take those skateboard wheels off and put something on that fits those wheelwells. I had a hoped up dodge a year ago and got smoked by 6.0 all the time. I still prefer that motor over my 6.0 that i have today.

djunkie
09-27-2006, 10:26 AM
Diesels are for towing
Tell McRat to hook his truck up to a loaded 35 Foot Fifth wheel at those power levels and let me know how long the tranny and motor last. :p
I think they are amazing and I have driven/tuned my fare share of Diesels but if you don't need to move a big load I wouldn't own one.
You know you liked riding in that bad ass Duramax last weekend. :crossx: :crossx:

STV_Keith
09-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Most of the moddified Diesels on the road are running a simple 80-120 HP program with Exhaust and an intake.
I disagree. You'd be amazed how many Dodges out there have injectors and bigger turbos, etc. Now, those mods are more difficult for the Dmax and PS, so not as prevalent, which is why the Dodge is the most modified truck out there in the performance arena.
We both know it takes a ton more than that to get a 7,000lb truck into the 12's.(More like 2 programs and a shot of nitrous)
You're right, with an auto trans, you'd have to upgrade that and make ~550hp/1200ft-lbs to get there at 7000#.
Also a truck that is tuned for 600HP and 1000TQ is not getting 16+ mpg. GETSOMES truck is sweet and I would take it off his hands in a heart beat but on stage 2-3 with his lift that truck gets maybe 12 miles to the gallon cruising at 75.
My daily driver gets almost 18 on the highway unloaded at 78mph. Makes 510rwhp/1050tq or so.
I am a huge fan of the Diesel performance market and know what they are capable of. I think it's cool to leave a light in 4 Hi chirping 33's but atthe same time I have seen uneducated people melt/gernade a motor and tranny throwing an un safe tune at there trucks that were designed to be a work horse for over 200K miles.
You can blame some of that on the many "internet whores" out there that just sell a box and have no idea what other supporting equipment is necessary to make that kind of power live. Find a shop that actually tests stuff and they should know off the top of their head how much power you can make live with the stock trans/clutch, turbo, airbox, etc.

Placecraft Dragstar
09-27-2006, 10:42 AM
ANY DAY THOSE BOYS WITH THE BOW TIES WANNA RACE IS COOL TO ME :crossx: :crossx: MY DODGE HAS TWIN TURBO'S,N.O.S.,PROPANE,INJECTORS CHANGED,AIR BOX AND 5" EXHAUST AND INTAKE, SO IF YOU CALL MY DODGE SLOW THATS FINE, JUST BRING YOUR POCKET BOOK AND YOU WILL GO HOME :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: HAD MINE ON THE DYNO BEFORE AND ITS OVER 1000 HP :crossx:

djunkie
09-27-2006, 10:47 AM
ANY DAY THOSE BOYS WITH THE BOW TIES WANNA RACE IS COOL TO ME :crossx: :crossx: MY DODGE HAS TWIN TURBO'S,N.O.S.,PROPANE,INJECTORS CHANGED,AIR BOX AND 5" EXHAUST AND INTAKE, SO IF YOU CALL MY DODGE SLOW THATS FINE, JUST BRING YOUR POCKET BOOK AND YOU WILL GO HOME :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: HAD MINE ON THE DYNO BEFORE AND ITS OVER 1000 HP :crossx:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

driverno8
09-27-2006, 10:52 AM
PS.....welcome aboard! :)
Thanks for the welcome! All in good fun/bashing here. Every manufacture has their own issues. Me and my Dodge being one of them a long time ago, like you said uneduacted. A really long story I'm not going to get into. Now on to the bashing...
No nitrous here. No drugs at all. Drug of choice is good 'ol fashion #2 only. And you're right, to get to 700+hp & 1600+tq takes more then one turbo and 2 programs. 33" are for whimps. A 4 wheel burnout with 35" Mud Terrains is more like it. As for mpg...17-19 all day long. Anywhere from 13-15 towing.

STV_Keith
09-27-2006, 10:53 AM
ANY DAY THOSE BOYS WITH THE BOW TIES WANNA RACE IS COOL TO ME :crossx: :crossx: MY DODGE HAS TWIN TURBO'S,N.O.S.,PROPANE,INJECTORS CHANGED,AIR BOX AND 5" EXHAUST AND INTAKE, SO IF YOU CALL MY DODGE SLOW THATS FINE, JUST BRING YOUR POCKET BOOK AND YOU WILL GO HOME :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: HAD MINE ON THE DYNO BEFORE AND ITS OVER 1000 HP :crossx:
Please post a pic. There are only a few trucks out there who have publicly posted dyno results over 1000rwhp. Be cool to see another. :)

driverno8
09-27-2006, 10:55 AM
You might be having fun with that statement. But there's a whole bunch of 1000hp Dodge Cummins out there. That would suck to be next to one at that light thinking your bad with just your Edge. Except I don't think to many of them are street legal. I do know a few 850+hp trucks that are though. And yes their floating around CA.

driverno8
09-27-2006, 11:02 AM
BTW who f-ing cares.. (unless you are trying to get a rise of them then carry on ;) ) as long as your diesel truck of choice blows off the fart can ricers and five point slows, then its all good.... ;) :rollside:
AMEN!!!

blender over
09-27-2006, 12:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y210NRGehlI&mode=related&search=
You guys are funny!!
Here is a slow diesel 4 U :)

Cole Trickle
09-27-2006, 12:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y210NRGehlI&mode=related&search=
You guys are funny!!
Here is a slow diesel 4 U :)
No one said there not fast.
Read what STV keith wrote a couple lines above. That truck at a minumum has atleast 650hp and over 1200 ftlbs tq.(Not to mention upgraded tranny and bigger turbo)
I think it's cool as hell but find me more than 5 Diesels on this board that will be anywhere near the 12's or give a ZO6 a run for it's $$.

INSman
09-27-2006, 01:01 PM
No one said there not fast.
Read what STV keith wrote a couple lines above. That truck at a minumum has atleast 650hp and over 1200 ftlbs tq.(Not to mention upgraded tranny and bigger turbo)
I think it's cool as hell but find me more than 5 Diesels on this board that will be anywhere near the 12's or give a ZO6 a run for it's $$.
Yeah, but Z06's can't tow for shit or take more than 1 passenger anywhere !! :220v: :cool:

Cole Trickle
09-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Yeah, but Z06's can't tow for shit or take more than 1 passenger anywhere !! :220v: :cool:
That truck posted above would cook a motor/tranny pretty quick pulling your boat up a hill. :crossx: :220v:
Don't be jealous you know you want a vett!(I will sell you one;))

hoolign
09-27-2006, 01:25 PM
My 02 pulled a 33' challenger fifth wheel ( 11,000 lbs) all through the rockies for 4 years. chipped, programmed, 4' ,and intake. No problems aside from two shift modules and a broken wire to the computer. I think it pisses alot of people off who buy "sports" cars..and can't keep up to a "work truck" It was no 10 second or 12 second truck by anymeans..but it ate its fair share of mustangs, camaros, the occaisional vette (no not c6's) and more hondas and other crap that I could count and the best part about it was the look on some fools face as he rolled up to the next light..mad as hell with his window still down. : D

STV_Keith
09-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Cole, you would be suprised at what these trucks will do. Fix the auto trans in the Dodge and they are good to go. The manual (like I have) will take 700+rwhp in stock form with a better clutch.
I know of at least two Dmax's running in the 10's with nitrous, but still on the stock turbo. I know one is a work truck (guy uses it on his farm) as he was kicked off the track in TX about a year ago for leaving mud down the lane.
Bottom line is that these trucks will go like a performance car, and still be able to tow at least as good as any stock truck out there. Braking and turning might not be as good as a performance car, but when was the last time you late-braked someone or beat them through a corner on the street?

driverno8
09-27-2006, 02:36 PM
Here's another one for you. Yea, they're two diesels but you get the point. And before you get all worked up over the Ford in the video...it's got a Cummins in it.
http://www.nhrda.com/Videos/FD2006-01.wmv

Placecraft Dragstar
09-27-2006, 02:51 PM
AS FAR AS WHATS FAST :220v: THE THREAD WAS STARTED FOR DIESEL TRUCKS BEING BAD!! NOW PEOPLE ARE THROWING IN VETTES AND OTHER STUFF THAT HAS NO BEARING ON BEING A BAD DIESEL :crossx: SO THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING FASTER BUT WE ARE TALKING BAD DIESELS :rollside: THERE IS TWO DODGES IN MI THAT DYNO 1200 HP AND THEY DRIVE THEM EVERYDAY TO WORK, THERE IS A GUY IN TEXAS THAT WILL SELL YOU A CUMMINS :220v: ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS SEND YOUR ENGINE IN AND TELL HIM HOW MUCH HP YOU WANT UP TO 1500HP, AND HE SHIPS IT BACKTO YAH :220v: AND PUT IT IN YOUR TRUCK, CUMMINS IS BY FAR THE BEST DIESEL OUT THERE. IF YOU DONT THINK SO THEN DO A LITTLE RESEARCH BEFORE YOU START FLAPPIN YOU LIPS. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DODGE FORD OR CHEVY HERE. JUST THE CUMMINS MAKING MORE HP THEN THE REST AND HOLDING UP TO IT. DONT PUT A CHIP AND EXHAUST AND AIR BOX ON YOUR CHEVY AND THINK ITS BAD CAUSE ITS NOT. IT WILL RUN BETTER BUT THATS IT.

driverno8
09-27-2006, 02:53 PM
Forgot about this one.
http://powerbypoole.com/Gus%20kills%20viper.wmv

STV_Keith
09-27-2006, 02:56 PM
THERE IS A GUY IN TEXAS THAT WILL SELL YOU A CUMMINS :220v: ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS SEND YOUR ENGINE IN AND TELL HIM HOW MUCH HP YOU WANT UP TO 1500HP, AND HE SHIPS IT BACKTO YAH
Who are the guys in MI? The diesel community is pretty small, and I've not heard of them, so I'd like to know who I'm missing out on. :)
And the guy in TX, that's not Don Morrison is it? 1500hp to the wheels? :rolleyes:

squirt'nmyload
09-27-2006, 03:02 PM
AS FAR AS WHATS FAST :220v: THE THREAD WAS STARTED FOR DIESEL TRUCKS BEING BAD!! NOW PEOPLE ARE THROWING IN VETTES AND OTHER STUFF THAT HAS NO BEARING ON BEING A BAD DIESEL :crossx: SO THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING FASTER BUT WE ARE TALKING BAD DIESELS :rollside: THERE IS TWO DODGES IN MI THAT DYNO 1200 HP AND THEY DRIVE THEM EVERYDAY TO WORK, THERE IS A GUY IN TEXAS THAT WILL SELL YOU A CUMMINS :220v: ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS SEND YOUR ENGINE IN AND TELL HIM HOW MUCH HP YOU WANT UP TO 1500HP, AND HE SHIPS IT BACKTO YAH :220v: AND PUT IT IN YOUR TRUCK, CUMMINS IS BY FAR THE BEST DIESEL OUT THERE. IF YOU DONT THINK SO THEN DO A LITTLE RESEARCH BEFORE YOU START FLAPPIN YOU LIPS. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DODGE FORD OR CHEVY HERE. JUST THE CUMMINS MAKING MORE HP THEN THE REST AND HOLDING UP TO IT. DONT PUT A CHIP AND EXHAUST AND AIR BOX ON YOUR CHEVY AND THINK ITS BAD CAUSE ITS NOT. IT WILL RUN BETTER BUT THATS IT.
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/VRHGLGa979i3BK6wp72Y8wkmy4SP.jpg

squirt'nmyload
09-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Forgot about this one.
http://powerbypoole.com/Gus%20kills%20viper.wmv
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/icon6.gif whoever was driving the viper needs to learn how to powershift

driverno8
09-27-2006, 03:12 PM
THERE IS A GUY IN TEXAS THAT WILL SELL YOU A CUMMINS :220v: ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS SEND YOUR ENGINE IN AND TELL HIM HOW MUCH HP YOU WANT UP TO 1500HP, AND HE SHIPS IT BACKTO YAH :220v: AND PUT IT IN YOUR TRUCK
Wouldn't be Mark Kendrick would it? That guys been inhauling to much black smoke. I don't know anybody that would let that guy work on their truck.

STV_Keith
09-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Wouldn't be Mark Kendrick would it? That guys been inhauling to much black smoke. I don't know anybody that would let that guy work on their truck.
HAHAHAHA!!!! I remember that guy. He came to May Madness 2002 yelling all over the diesel message boards about how he was gonna wipe everyones asses all over the place. We dynoed just shy of DOUBLE of what he did (his 404hp to our 785hp). What a friggen joke.

Eliminator 4 Life
09-27-2006, 04:25 PM
HAHAHAHA!!!! I remember that guy. He came to May Madness 2002 yelling all over the diesel message boards about how he was gonna wipe everyones asses all over the place. We dynoed just shy of DOUBLE of what he did (his 404hp to our 785hp). What a friggen joke.
Keith I know Dodges weakness is the tranny what are some mods to do to it to keep its life or is it better just to drive it tell it takes a shit then go for a new one. My buddy had 2k on his and lost it already.

Placecraft Dragstar
09-27-2006, 05:04 PM
What You Need To Do To The Tranny Is Change The Torque Converter, Put A Shift Kit In It And Have It Have Full Lock-up At 42 Mph. That Will Take Care Of Most Trucks. Dodge Has A Good Tranny Just There Torque Converters Was The Worst Part.

driverno8
09-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Keith I know Dodges weakness is the tranny what are some mods to do to it to keep its life or is it better just to drive it tell it takes a shit then go for a new one. My buddy had 2k on his and lost it already.
Start with good Torque Convertor and a Valve Body. I did 50,000+ miles with only this upgrade. I did do a billet input at the time, but it's not necassary unless you plan on above average increase in hp. Just got done doing all the clutches, servos, bands, billet output shaft and a billet flywheel. Stock, the Dodge Auto is fine, but like any transmission out there, you add hp/tq to it it's going to go eventually. I did 520hp/1142tq on a stock tranny except for the TC & VB. Replacing the entire thing is when it gets expensive. You're looking at $5k-$6K for a bitchen tranny complete, then shipping and core and it gets pricey, really quick. Taken preventative measures up front will save you (or your buddy) thousands in the long run.

GETSOME
09-27-2006, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=STV_Keith]I disagree. You'd be amazed how many Dodges out there have injectors and bigger turbos, etc. Now, those mods are more difficult for the Dmax and PS, so not as prevalent, which is why the Dodge is the most modified truck out there in the performance arena.
I would have to disagree on this one about 99% of diesel trucks are on the road are 100% stock. Very Very few even have a programer.
You're right, with an auto trans, you'd have to upgrade that and make ~550hp/1200ft-lbs to get there at 7000#.
My daily driver gets almost 18 on the highway unloaded at 78mph. Makes 510rwhp/1050tq or so.
I hope you are not driving your truck around town on your "race" tune because there is no way you are getting 18 miles per gallon with 520 rwhp. I call BS

driverno8
09-27-2006, 08:28 PM
[QUOTE=STV_Keith]
I hope you are not driving your truck around town on your "race" tune because there is no way you are getting 18 miles per gallon with 520 rwhp. I call BS
Hope you don't mean me about that comment. I'm well over 520rwhp now. But then yea, I could drive that and get 18mpg all day long. Even now it's no problem. Just got control how much you push down on the skinny pedal. No "race" tune here. I don't technically have a "race" tune on what I have. Yea, everything gets turned down for towing or when the wife drives it. You start towing with 500-600hp and stuff starts breaking.

djunkie
09-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Leave the engine stock and don't race Duramax's. :crossx: :crossx:

Eliminator 4 Life
09-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Leave the engine stock and don't race Duramax's. :crossx: :crossx:
TOOL

djunkie
09-27-2006, 09:18 PM
TOOL
One of my favorite bands. Even have it on my license plate. :rollside: :rollside:

Eliminator 4 Life
09-27-2006, 09:23 PM
One of my favorite bands. Even have it on my license plate. :rollside: :rollside:
good now i was talking shit to u in another thread go find it :yuk:

tntperformance
09-27-2006, 11:02 PM
when he starts steeping on his peddle trying to blow smoke before I even get to the line its a good indication he wants some of the DODGE. As bad as I meet him maybe I should have been pulling his house :)
You drive better than you talk shiat!
Bring a chain,I'll show you around town backwards!
Ya! It's a chevy.

STV_Keith
09-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Yep, normally I suggest just wait for it to go South, then get it done up. A converter and valve body are some of the common components, but there are other things in there that are problematic as well. The 2nd gear apply piston and accumulator piston is prone to leak-by, so there are billet units out there with 2x the sealing rings on them to take up for the inconsistency in the cast cases. 5 disks (or 6/7 in the 3rd gen trucks) can be put in the direct clutch pack. Shim the assembly correctly for end-float as most are a ways off in stock form. We used Diesel Transmission Technology (http://www.dieseltrans.com) for our trans parts back when we were running autos. They are who we suggest.

STV_Keith
09-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Call BS all you want. You want proof of my truck, turn to page 68 of Petersens 4WD & Offroad, July 04. That be my truck in the article, making 511hp / 1052tq at the time. Daily driver. A number of people on this board - people that go to the river and meet other people from this board - can attest to my truck.
Here's the link for those that don't have the mag: Petersen's 4WD & Offroad article (http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/brandpages/dodge/131_0407_dodge_ram_cummins_upgrade/)

bajabri
09-28-2006, 08:29 AM
Depending on the amount of money/experience you have to invest usually dictates what level you can make any of the three perform at...but given real world experience and use, the Dodge Cummins powered trucks are the workhorse of the three. I have yet to see even one Duramax at 250K plus let alone still hauling a load, and I don't mean an occational trip with a recreational vehicle or boat. I have seen dozens of Dodges and even a few Ford over 250-300k still in daily use...In ten years of rodeo,construction/ranch equipment hauling and recreational use...hands down nothing even comes close to the Dodge...it may not always be the fastest but it will get you there long after the Ford and Chevy have passed their usefullness...oh and most folks I know don't won't use an automatic tranny for heavy haul loads...just my own little rant(based on personal exp), thanks....... :) :)

Placecraft Dragstar
09-28-2006, 09:20 AM
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT BAJABRI :rollside: DODGE WILL KEEP ON RUNNING, THERE ARE TRUCKS WITH OVER 1,000,000 ON THEM AND STILL DRIVING THEM WHEN THE OTHER TWO WILL NOT RUN THAT LONG. FORD AND CHEVY BOTH DO NOT LIKE OVER 500HP PUT TO THE CAUSE THEY ARE KNOWN TO SPIT RODS OUT STHE SIDES IF YOU DO :cry: :cry: CUMMINS IS THE BEST DIESEL ON THE ROAD :crossx:

Eliminator 4 Life
09-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Depending on the amount of money/experience you have to invest usually dictates what level you can make any of the three perform at...but given real world experience and use, the Dodge Cummins powered trucks are the workhorse of the three. I have yet to see even one Duramax at 250K plus let alone still hauling a load, and I don't mean an occational trip with a recreational vehicle or boat. I have seen dozens of Dodges and even a few Ford over 250-300k still in daily use...In ten years of rodeo,construction/ranch equipment hauling and recreational use...hands down nothing even comes close to the Dodge...it may not always be the fastest but it will get you there long after the Ford and Chevy have passed their usefullness...oh and most folks I know don't won't use an automatic tranny for heavy haul loads...just my own little rant(based on personal exp), thanks....... :) :)
I would have to agree all my buddys that pull lifestock use dodges

Cole91
09-28-2006, 10:22 AM
I've just pissed my self :crossx:

hoolign
09-28-2006, 10:22 AM
If my truck only drove over pasture or construction sites and a little mud..I'd be more than happy. ya wanna see what your trucks are made of..run em in the Alberta oilpatch for a year.. 100,000 miles out here is like a million on most roads.
:rolleyes:

Jordy
09-28-2006, 10:28 AM
100,000 miles :rolleyes:
Don't you mean kilometers??? :D :D :D

bajabri
09-28-2006, 10:29 AM
If my truck only drove over pasture or construction sites and a little mud..I'd be more than happy. ya wanna see what your trucks are made of..run em in the Alberta oilpatch for a year.. 100,000 miles out here is like a million on most roads.
:rolleyes:
3yrs, Rock Springs/Cheyenne wy, 1997 12v 3500 4x4 dually Cummins, Ranchwork,Pipeline Engineering,Rodeo...315,000 miles @ trade-in, total repair costs $475 except normal wear items...you've got nothin up there I haven't seen...by the way didn't u just get rid of a D-Max??? :rollside:

hoolign
09-28-2006, 11:00 AM
3yrs, Rock Springs/Cheyenne wy, 1997 12v 3500 4x4 dually Cummins, Ranchwork,Pipeline Engineering,Rodeo...315,000 miles @ trade-in, total repair costs $475 except normal wear items...you've got nothin up there I haven't seen...by the way didn't u just get rid of a D-Max??? :rollside:
Yeah I got rid of the D-max.and bought a 06 3500 dodge.Mainly beacuse of the room in the mega cab.
I'm not debating you have seen some tough driving conditions..especially if your in pipline! The oilpatch is by far one of the toughest tests for a truck! I remember about 5 years ago Ford wanted to test trucks ..they ran 10 of them on a rd called "willow creek" it's in Hinton AB ( which is the busiest place in NorthAmerica right now for oilpatch activity) they tested there because it is classed as one of the worst roads in north America. So oh yes..we got stuff you aint seen :D (unfortunately)

hoolign
09-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Don't you mean kilometers??? :D :D :D
I converted it for the people who can't multiply by 1.6 :D

bajabri
09-28-2006, 11:13 AM
I have a new one myself 50k and no issues...jury's still out, we'll see how she holds up. It seems that the newer they have gotten the more stuff needs to be delt with. My 12V Cummins have been the best I've owned...stay warm and dry Bro.....

Eliminator 4 Life
09-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Yeah I got rid of the D-max.and bought a 06 3500 dodge.Mainly beacuse of the room in the mega cab.
I'm not debating you have seen some tough driving conditions..especially if your in pipline! The oilpatch is by far one of the toughest tests for a truck! I remember about 5 years ago Ford wanted to test trucks ..they ran 10 of them on a rd called "willow creek" it's in Hinton AB ( which is the busiest place in NorthAmerica right now for oilpatch activity) they tested there because it is classed as one of the worst roads in north America. So oh yes..we got stuff you aint seen :D (unfortunately)
I also got the mega cab hows it holding up so far???

hoolign
09-28-2006, 11:32 AM
I also got the mega cab hows it holding up so far???
Well so far `so good, it rides alot rougher than the D-max, but it's not to bad. The interior light fell out with omly 600 miles on it, threw a rock through the fender skirt ( doolie) WIndshiled has 3 good rock dingsin it, and 1 flat ( stock tires) ..not bad for only having 1100 miles on it :D It's been dragged down the lease road 14 times by the D6 I have out here so the undercarriage is plugged with mud and the rear brakes are growling when I use them..typical mud problem! I have less damage than the other 7 trucks out here though ..so that's a plus! .I think it's gonna be fine ! ,,I'll post some pics of where she's been once I get home!
J

Eliminator 4 Life
09-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Well so far `so good, it rides alot rougher than the D-max, but it's not to bad. The interior light fell out with omly 600 miles on it, threw a rock through the fender skirt ( doolie) WIndshiled has 3 good rock dingsin it, and 1 flat ( stock tires) ..not bad for only having 1100 miles on it :D It's been dragged down the lease road 14 times by the D6 I have out here so the undercarriage is plugged with mud and the rear brakes are growling when I use them..typical mud problem! I have less damage than the other 7 trucks out here though ..so that's a plus! .I think it's gonna be fine ! ,,I'll post some pics of where she's been once I get home!
J
Sounds good. Myabe the car manufactures should let you test vehicles it sounds like you really beat the fawk out of them :crossx:

Dave C
09-28-2006, 02:17 PM
damn you beat your trucks harder than you beat your meat! :rollside:
J