PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere to ride in OC?

cdog
09-26-2006, 04:46 PM
I just bought my quad and want to go out for a quick trip. Where can I go on sunday. Is there anywhere to ride out by irvine lake or silverado area?

cdog
09-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks. I guess I'll have to drive to BFE. I'd like to find a place where the wife feels comfortable putting around on it too. What about the mountian range are thru ortega canyon? Anywhere up there?

Cole Trickle
09-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks. I guess I'll have to drive to BFE. I'd like to find a place where the wife feels comfortable putting around on it too. What about the mountian range are thru ortega canyon? Anywhere up there?
Your best bet would be to load up and pull out towards Victorville.
There is plenty of riding right off the freeway.(Johnson valley,etc...)
1.5 hour ride for much better trails and the PO PO's can't bust you.

BADBLOWN572
09-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Don't go riding out next to Silverado, Williams, Modjeska, Trabuco, etc... It is all private property and all of the trails are locked by gates. I have had friends who have gone riding up there and had shotguns pulled on them, chased by police, etc... Not good.

reDECKulous
09-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Lots of spots down here around Elsinore and Canyon Lake in the hills.

cdog
09-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Lame!!!! I was thinking of risking it and going up to the top of weir canyon. I live right down the street and can get there thru my neighborhood. But there's a bunch of snobby mo fo's around here so i'll have the cops there in no time. I'm really suprised with all the open space on the east side of OC that there's no place to ride. that sucks. When I go out to tucson we load up the bikes and are unloading them to ride within 10-15 minutes. The top of Ortega would have been a cool place to go....

Water Romper
09-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Your best bet would be to load up and pull out towards Victorville.
There is plenty of riding right off the freeway.(Johnson valley,etc...)
1.5 hour ride for much better trails and the PO PO's can't bust you.
Cole is right. head north.
I would take the toys to Holcombe Valley behind Big Bear. Lots of trails, some easy some hard. Maps can be purchased for this area and the Museum gives out a free “driving” map as well.The sites of the early mining era is pretty neat too.
Also...
You could cut your drive time and go to the San Gabriel Canyon Off Road Vehicle area up in Azusa canyon (Hwy 39). It’s limited but there is water to splash through and various terrain to test your skills.

Magic
09-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Lots of spots down here around Elsinore and Canyon Lake in the hills.
The hills around Canyon Lake now have signs posted by the BLM that OHV riding is prohibited. I would recommend riding Stoddard Wells OHV in Victorville, it's real wide open & it's free.

4day!!
09-27-2006, 12:54 PM
the 15 and Dale Evans Pkwy. is a good place. It's about 15-20 miles south of the Barstow outlets.

boatnam2
09-27-2006, 01:07 PM
the mexican supercross track at the 405 and 710 has been a big hit the last few years,shiit i remember riding there 30 years ago.got a little out of control the last month so they finally fenced it.but the rc track and the go-kart track,and the little fake bike(little choppers) track is still open.raider shirt recomended.

cdog
09-27-2006, 01:08 PM
the mexican supercross track at the 405 and 710 has been a big hit the last few years,shiit i remember riding there 30 years ago.got a little out of control the last month so they finally fenced it.but the rc track and the go-kart track,and the little fake bike(little choppers) track is still open.raider shirt recomended.
:crossx: no habla espanole! (I know I spelled it wrong) :)

boatnam2
09-27-2006, 01:09 PM
my buddy was telling me about a place at teh top of ortega where he rides and camps.forget the name he is not at work today or i would ask him.

superdave013
09-27-2006, 01:15 PM
that's why I'm into my mountain bike. All those places are spots I ride all the time after work.
Sounds like Badblown's friends met Blackstar Bill. lol

VictoryIzMine
09-27-2006, 01:40 PM
my buddy was telling me about a place at teh top of ortega where he rides and camps.forget the name he is not at work today or i would ask him.
Wildomar OHV Area. I've ridden there a couple of times. It's not as good as some of the other places mentioned but it gets the job done. Here's a link with some info.
Click Here (http://www.goodtime.net/mvi/lcmvi099.htm)

BADBLOWN572
09-27-2006, 01:54 PM
that's why I'm into my mountain bike. All those places are spots I ride all the time after work.
Oh yeah. Among others. My family has property out there so we can ride out there legally. You would be surprised how often you go around a corner and find a camper or a mobile home out in the middle of no where with someone living in it. If you don't know where you are riding, you will end up in someone's back yard with a 12 gauge in your face. :220v:

cdog
09-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Wildomar OHV Area. I've ridden there a couple of times. It's not as good as some of the other places mentioned but it gets the job done. Here's a link with some info.
Click Here (http://www.goodtime.net/mvi/lcmvi099.htm)
Thanks, That's what I was looking for.

DesertGirl
09-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Might as well add an hour and go to Ocotillo - for a full day of riding. Just my personal preference. :cry: I wish i could!!!!

RiverToysJas
09-27-2006, 09:20 PM
illegally yes :crossx: , but legally take to elsinore mx park, they have a quad track for you 4-wheelers :rollside:
Do you know if they allow 3-wheelers?
RTJas :D

RiverToysJas
09-27-2006, 09:40 PM
that's a tough one, i'm not sure ??? haven't seen a tri-cycle in a long while !! do those things still grab the back of your leg and f ucking jack it up ?? :cry:
Yeah, they're dangerous.....and I have 4 of them! :crossx:
This was our Memorial Weekend Ride @ Rasor Rd......
http://rivertoys.com/jason/atc/3whlrs1.jpg
RTJas :D

4day!!
09-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Blackstar Bill and Tuttle. What a couple of nutjobs!!!