PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump Replacement JEEP

Wet Dream
09-26-2006, 05:54 PM
I need to R & R a fuel pump on a 2000 Grand Cherokee. Does anyone have any tips or things to watch out for? What are your thoughts about replacing the 2 prefilters? Should I use the old ones or definately get new ones? I know we have some great mechanics on here that can offer up some tips.
Yes, I have to repost this on the Gear Heads for exposure. I have to help a friend with this in the AM.

imirsh1
09-26-2006, 05:58 PM
I need to R & R a fuel pump on a 2000 Grand Cherokee. Does anyone have any tips or things to watch out for? What are your thoughts about replacing the 2 prefilters? Should I use the old ones or definately get new ones? I know we have some great mechanics on here that can offer up some tips.
Yes, I have to repost this on the Gear Heads for exposure. I have to help a friend with this in the AM.
Trade it in. Thats a big job and you have to replace all the filters. Just traded my 2002 grand cherokee limited.What a pile that thing was.Bad brakes, rear end , just a pile from 10k miles on.

Big Kahunaa
09-26-2006, 05:59 PM
replace the filters unless you want to do it again

Ryphraph
09-26-2006, 06:01 PM
I think you need to drop the tank on those things just to change the filters let alone the pump... I saw it on TV where they busted Jiffy Lube. They claimed to have changed the filter but never dropped the tank. Busted!
Ryph

Trailer Park Casanova
09-26-2006, 07:02 PM
I remember friends talking about that their is something goofy about the jeep fuel pump.
I think it was the pick up line,, or something along that.
Mickey mouse design from the factory, it may be your problem.
The Jeep parts counter guys may have more scoop and focus on the problem, so you don't get bit by the same dog twice.
I believe Edelbrock makes a really good replacement pump, or at one time did.

Wet Dream
09-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the replies. Keep them coming if anyone has anything else. Luckily, there is only 5 gallons of gas in the tank at this time.