PDA

View Full Version : TO hospitalized in suicide attempt...

Howie Feltersnatch
09-27-2006, 05:55 AM
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa060927_wz_owens.1fd220c5.html
NEWS 8 EXCLUSIVE
According to a Dallas police report obtained by News 8, Dallas Cowboys star receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide Tuesday night.
The report says Owens was depressed and reportedly took prescription pain pills. A woman companion states that she observed him putting two pills in his mouth.
According to the police narrative, the woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18 and—until Tuesday—Owens had taken only five pills.
The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription; Owens said, "Yes."
According to the report, police also asked if he was trying to harm himself. Owens answered, "Yes."
Owens was treated at Baylor University Medical Center.
A Dallas Cowboys spokesman told News 8 the team has no comment on the police report, nor is any news conference scheduled.

spectratoad
09-27-2006, 06:32 AM
Yeah it's tough making millions a year to play sports and do endorsements etc...

BadKachina
09-27-2006, 06:47 AM
Wow. :rolleyes:

havaduner
09-27-2006, 06:48 AM
Too bad he didnt pull it off.

RitcheyRch
09-27-2006, 06:59 AM
A shock to everyone.

ratso
09-27-2006, 06:59 AM
So many people like that, making millions, are just totally Fukked in the head. :rolleyes:

Jyruiz
09-27-2006, 07:01 AM
I have never seen a bigger attention ***** in the NFL.

Warlockjer
09-27-2006, 07:07 AM
:smile: Thats all I can say....

mbrown2
09-27-2006, 07:07 AM
Too bad....from his on/off field behavior you can tell the guy is a little unstable (regardless of how much money he make)....sometimes the diff between being the best to being second takes more mental strength then physical..
He probably should have been on some sort of Anti-Depresents or Therapy for the last couple years and maybe he could have avoided the issues he had in the Phili.
On the flipside....people in 3rd world starving countries don't nearly suffer as much from depression, ocd, add, and bulimia.....these are diseases that seem to exist only in Countries where there is excess.

doesitfloat?
09-27-2006, 07:10 AM
BINGO!

RitcheyRch
09-27-2006, 07:14 AM
A lot of truth to these statements.
So many people like that, making millions, are just totally Fukked in the head. :rolleyes:

Jyruiz
09-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Seriously though, if he really wanted to kill himself, he would have accomplished it, take more pills or use a gun. This guy just wants attention, wether it is good or bad.

lewiville
09-27-2006, 08:13 AM
he just a punk.
I think coach has a good handle on him though, and if TO hangs in there he
( with coaches guidance ) will come out of this a much stronger man. I think for the first time he has a coach that is not going to put up with his BS and his little pitty partys. Instead he kicks TO's ass and make him work.

moneypit
09-27-2006, 08:13 AM
I think this is a case of the media making it something its not. My take is that he is an overly medicated professional athlete. Do you have any idea how many Professional Athletes are pain med addicts? I see cases like this alot.
I have had patients (professional athletes) that were taking as much as 40 vicodin a day. I think ol' TO just took a few too many and luckily he had someone there who cared. Im not defending the guy, but the media should wait to say stuff like this until its confirmed. I think he guy also needs a pshych eval.
When it all boils down to to whos to blame, look at whos signatures on the Rx.

reDECKulous
09-27-2006, 08:26 AM
That is crazy... obviously you can't believe everything you hear, but who knows... I met him at the Palms in Vegas this summer, he isn't a normal person... I'll leave it at that...

shueman
09-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Seriously though, if he really wanted to kill himself, he would have accomplished it, take more pills or use a gun. This guy just wants attention, wether it is good or bad.
Yep....

beever_retreever
09-27-2006, 08:50 AM
how sad...my prayers go out to him and his family. :(

Phat Matt
09-27-2006, 08:56 AM
I just dropped him from my fantasy team. :)

Havasu1986
09-27-2006, 09:06 AM
If he really tried to commit suicide, don't you think he would be on suicide watch in a nut ward?

Cheap Thrills
09-27-2006, 09:11 AM
If he really tried to commit suicide, don't you think he would be on suicide watch in a nut ward?
Not if he's still purging the Ipecac and charcoal :D
C.T. :wink:

MKEELINE
09-27-2006, 09:15 AM
This can't possibly be true, the guy loves himself WAY too much.

Kilrtoy
09-27-2006, 09:15 AM
he did not try and kil himself, he is crying out look at me....

Havasu1986
09-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Not if he's still purging the Ipecac and charcoal :D
Websters
Ipecac....an emetic made from the dried roots of a S. American plant.
Charcoal...a black form of carbon made by partially burning wood.
What does this have to do with T.O. Doctor :crossx:

Phat Matt
09-27-2006, 09:50 AM
Websters
Ipecac....an emetic made from the dried roots of a S. American plant.
Charcoal...a black form of carbon made by partially burning wood.
What does this have to do with T.O. Doctor :crossx:
It makes you toss your cookies...alot. :)

Cheap Thrills
09-27-2006, 09:54 AM
It makes you toss your cookies...alot. :)
Thanks Matt . saved me from having to explain it :rolleyes: :D :D

mbrown2
09-27-2006, 10:01 AM
he is crying out look at me....
Kind of like those people who constantly stir the pot, take opposing views with no basis or post pics seeking attention...:):):)

Cheap Thrills
09-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Kind of like those people who constantly stir the pot, take opposing views with no basis or post pics seeking attention...:):):)
weeeeee Look at meeeee :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127217971-med.jpg

Wet Dream
09-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Instead of "A woman companion states that she observed him putting two pills in his mouth."
Why couldn't it have read "According to the police narrative, the woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18 and—until Tuesday—Owens had taken only five pills. Tonight, he ingested all but 2 remaining pills
The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription; Owens said, "Yes". and then flatlined on the floor."
:D

AZJD
09-27-2006, 10:26 AM
That guy is a 16 yr old high school girl stuck in a mans body! drama drama drama

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Wow, some of you peeps amaze me. have some of you ever stopped to think that he is HUMAN and probablly needs some help?? Just because you make million doesnt make you indestructable. Most of you peeps dont know what these guys go through. I know alot of professional player and they tell me what goes on. Plus I have hung out with several players and they get stressed out very quickly. Not saying he is an angel but come on people, he is human. I can guarentee that there is a large number of people on here that are related to DRUG ADDICTS............. :rolleyes:

Wet Dream
09-27-2006, 10:43 AM
396, thats all good and fine. However, we the gereral public get to base our opinions on the actions displayed by the person in question. If his blatant "me me me" attitude was only displayed once, this would be a whole different story and so would be the reactions. But he has a way of making it known that he doesn't give a crap about anything but TO and in return, most of the general public doesn't give a crap about him and his attitude. 2 pills. So what. Thats just another way of screaming for attention. He has a broken hand, he's out and the media now went to other places for stories and poor little TO needs to be heard. F him. If he really wanted to do it, 2 little pills for attention isn't going to get it done.

Riverless
09-27-2006, 10:49 AM
i just saw part of a parcell's press conference on espn. according to espn TO is suppose to speak at 3:15 EST.

AZJD
09-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Wow, some of you peeps amaze me. have some of you ever stopped to think that he is HUMAN and probablly needs some help?? Just because you make million doesnt make you indestructable. Most of you peeps dont know what these guys go through. I know alot of professional player and they tell me what goes on. Plus I have hung out with several players and they get stressed out very quickly. Not saying he is an angel but come on people, he is human. I can guarentee that there is a large number of people on here that are related to DRUG ADDICTS............. :rolleyes:
I am gonna let this one slide, only cuz I know you!!!!!!! lol
And how dare you call me a drug addict! I don't like the drugs, The drugs like me!

AZJD
09-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Ummm, did anyone catch the interview with Micheal Irvin after T.O's press conference?
Can you say HIGH! I know where all T.O's pills went..............DAMN

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-27-2006, 01:16 PM
I am gonna let this one slide, only cuz I know you!!!!!!! lol
And how dare you call me a drug addict! I don't like the drugs, The drugs like me!
LOL, you crack me up brotha;)
Hows the lake been? i haven had my boat out in a minute, we should be rollin' out sunday....