PDA

View Full Version : New date, 2006 Winter Test and Tune #2

Not Twice
01-17-2006, 08:18 AM
New date, 2006 Winter Test and Tune #2. Saturday 28-Jan-2006, Lake Elsinore. Blow off the dust and put some heat in the motors, (new time 9:00 AM) 11:00 AM (pending rain). WhatÂ’s everyone think? WhoÂ’s in?

Nucking futs
01-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Wish I could say me, but im a few weeks away yet. I don't think you will pull me so hard this time Greg..... :D

hack job
01-17-2006, 07:56 PM
well maybe ill do it this weekend then lol :cool:

Cs19
01-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Futs, did Twice's cruiser walk on you? :) I hear fixed a few small things and he will be running even harder.
I might be in weather permitting.Trying to get my Dad to bring his SWTD out too,but hes a puss and probably wont go. :)

Nucking futs
01-18-2006, 07:59 AM
Yes CS, Greg pulled me by about 4 boats when we lined em up at the avi, He has a real nice deal there and im sure he has more on the table now being he was still working the bugs out.

Cs19
01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
I agree Greg's Cheyanne is very nice, it runs well for not even having a rideplate/shoe setup.

hack job
01-18-2006, 02:03 PM
i glad to see that gregs hard work has paid off for him .
i have to put a new digital 6 box in this weekend and i should be ready. i still have to do a test and tune on the boat i have never done that lol. i went straight to haveing fun with it or racing it lol. :p

Cs19
01-18-2006, 07:49 PM
i have to put a new digital 6 box in this weekend and i should be ready.
Dont rush into anything. :)

Not Twice
01-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Hey guys thanks for the complements on the ride. I am pretty happy with it and is almost done. That is if they ever get done.

Cs19
01-18-2006, 08:53 PM
If there is anyone out there that says they are DONE with their boat, Id like to meet that person. :)

77charger
01-18-2006, 09:22 PM
If there is anyone out there that says they are DONE with their boat, Id like to meet that person. :)
My eliminator just add gas,turn the key and top out at 60 mph not bad for a 350 mag!
The reason i bought it.

Cs19
01-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Sneaky pete,
your not DONE with it though, I know there are things you want to do to it. :)
How is the flat coming? Your going to be at the opener right?

flat broke
01-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Dont rush into anything. :)
Yeah, its not like he hasn't had the box for over a month :D Chris, if you're going to be around, you can help with the hazing to make sure he gets under the wet boat to make some changes to see what the benefits/drawbacks might be. If you'll have that snoot handy, I wouldn't mind seeing what that and some wedge might do in place of the droop.
Thanks,
Chris

BUSBY
01-19-2006, 10:17 AM
Well ... it's the right date ... Chris'll be there, right Chris?
Remember guys ... this is the day we'll be there anyways for inspection of the channel for the NJBA race. We should be meeting up at River Redy's warehouse at 9am. Then off to the lake ...
Might as well make an afternoon out of it as well ... it should be good weather.
???
Brian

77charger
01-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Sneaky pete,
your not DONE with it though, I know there are things you want to do to it. :)
How is the flat coming? Your going to be at the opener right?
Ok i might want to add to the stereo.LOL
As for the flat it is done.Joey wants to have a friend of his give it a run to see if everything is all good.Might have to much cam in it so that is why they want to try it out first.Most likely this weekend weather has been the set back
After that my boss and i will head up there so i can get some driving tips and run it so i can adjust to it probably during the next week.
It will be at the opener will have to dial it in for 8.0 class.(slow it down) :rollside: and find a set of tune ups.One for here and evrywhere else in the bad air,heat,etc(7.70 at bako).Cant wait should be a fun year we are excited about it.

Cs19
01-19-2006, 10:04 PM
Im there Brian, not sure if im bringing a boat or not,Ive got some stuff torn apart right now. :rolleyes:

Cs19
01-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Yeah, its not like he hasn't had the box for over a month :D Chris, if you're going to be around, you can help with the hazing to make sure he gets under the wet boat to make some changes to see what the benefits/drawbacks might be. If you'll have that snoot handy, I wouldn't mind seeing what that and some wedge might do in place of the droop.
Thanks,
Chris
just let me know, you guys can try it out,no prob..
CS

Not Twice
01-20-2006, 04:30 PM
ttt

Not Twice
01-22-2006, 07:30 PM
ttt

Not Twice
01-22-2006, 07:34 PM
I was out Saturday and the water was pretty good. Only $8.00 to lunch because the lake is not being patrolled. Very few boats, mostly the ski racers out there practicing, 65 mph.

Cs19
01-22-2006, 08:17 PM
So how did it run?

Not Twice
01-22-2006, 09:10 PM
Boat ran well, had 3 kids with me so I didnÂ’t push it. Really pulls hard once on a plan, touched 70 twice and then rolled out of it. Trimmed and one person should run at 74 to 75 mph. Defiantly need to look at a new loader for the rougher water.

Cs19
01-22-2006, 09:31 PM
A back cut shoe and ride plate might be something to look into later on down the road.

flat broke
01-22-2006, 09:35 PM
Boat ran well, had 3 kids with me so I didnÂ’t push it. Really pulls hard once on a plan, touched 70 twice and then rolled out of it. Trimmed and one person should run at 74 to 75 mph. Defiantly need to look at a new loader for the rougher water.
Greg,
Do you want me to have the one out of my Spectra on hand for you to test with? If you've got a psi gauge on the intake, we could take some notes etc, then you'd have more info for Jack to go off of. For that matter, might want to call him, see what he has laying around that might be worthwhile to test in your rig.
CS. Bring that Snoot. I'm pretty sure Tyson will be launching from Marina West, but we can meet up with you wherever. New MSD is in the boat and workin properly, so as of right now, all he'd need to do is hook it up to the truck to get out there.... And maybe wash it :D
Chris

Cs19
01-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Ill bring it and you guys can try it,I just need it back at the end of the day.

flat broke
01-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Ill bring it and you guys can try it,I just need it back at the end of the day.
Thanks Chris!
I'll make sure we pack a couple different wedges as well.
Chris

Cs19
01-22-2006, 09:44 PM
Busby, is this still on?

hack job
01-23-2006, 05:44 PM
like chris said its all hooked up and waiting for firday ( iam going to wash it lol) and then saturday as long as it dont rain ill be out there. :) i cant wait to be back in the boat again it has been too long!.

lilrick
01-23-2006, 08:44 PM
well alright!!!!!!!!

Not Twice
01-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Hey Guys,
If anyone is planning on going out to Elsinore this Saturday for Test and Tune, I am planning on going out a little earlier 9:00 AM, same time the NJBA guys will be out there. I will be launching from the city ramp.

flat broke
01-26-2006, 09:48 PM
Hey Guys,
If anyone is planning on going out to Elsinore this Saturday for Test and Tune, I am planning on going out a little earlier 9:00 AM, same time the NJBA guys will be out there. I will be launching from the city ramp.
Greg,
The city ramp on the southeast side of the lake? If the wind kicks up, it's a bitch to retrieve your boat on that side of lake. I'll PM you our phone numbers so you can get a hold of us. Did you want to try the loader out of my Spectra? It definitely helped in rougher water.
Chris

Not Twice
01-27-2006, 07:10 AM
Chris,
Yes PM me your number. If the loader is not mounted on the boat that would be great. I did pick up a tester from Jack, but I would like to look at and try yours, it is probably close to the set up I would need. What ramp will you be launching from?

hack job
01-27-2006, 05:00 PM
greg we will launch at marina west and as for time ill let you know.( send you a pm with my #)
ill see if he can grab that loader for you.

hack job
01-30-2006, 12:57 PM
had a great time and for once in my life i left elsinore happy! there is still some more tuning to be had but iam very happy with what i got. and it was cool to see greg out there , that boat looks great! too bad no one else showed

Nucking futs
01-30-2006, 01:25 PM
any #'s ?

flat broke
01-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Oh wait, you mean on the boat :D I don't want to steal Hacker's thunder, but after multiple passes, we confirmed that moving me from the passenger seat to the back seat was worth 2mph. I know he hit his goal for the boat, so anything else that is found (and there is deffinitely more to be found) is just gravy. It isn't even my boat and I felt real satisfied with the day.
To Echo what Ty said, Greg's boat is NICE. Get the hatch done on that beast so you and your family can just go out and enjoy her.
Chris

BUSBY
01-30-2006, 02:18 PM
well we were there ... inspecting the channel from land ... no one had their boats ...
We could see two boats hot footin' it around out there ... must have been you guys.
Weather was great and the lake was pretty much empty ... you guys must have had a blast!
BB

Nucking futs
01-30-2006, 04:33 PM
Oh wait, you mean on the boat :D I don't want to steal Hacker's thunder, but after multiple passes, we confirmed that moving me from the passenger seat to the back seat was worth 2mph. I know he hit his goal for the boat, so anything else that is found (and there is deffinitely more to be found) is just gravy. It isn't even my boat and I felt real satisfied with the day.
To Echo what Ty said, Greg's boat is NICE. Get the hatch done on that beast so you and your family can just go out and enjoy her.
Chris
Sounds like A good time. Thats great that Tyson is happy. Gregs boat hauls pretty good too.
Maybe the new mill will keep up with you both.....I hope.

Not Twice
01-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Had a great time on the lake this weekend. Water was good and no on the lake, but when it is in low 40Â’s and you are running at speed in is blanking COLD. It was good to see Chris and Ty out there; TyÂ’s boat ran well and looks even better on the water. My boat ran well, the motor liked that cold air. Seems the motor is dialed in now and I am getting every thing out of it. Need to start working on the bottom of the boat and the under water hardware (next year). I was testing a different loader and it was making the boat stick to the water, which made the boat a little more stable, but felt like I was dragging an anchor. Overall I am real happy with the boat, and yes Chris its time to load it up and use it.
Chris and Ty, thanks for the compliments on the ride.
Tim, I am sure you will have me covered by a long shot, remember I just have a family cruiser ski boat.
NT