PDA

View Full Version : I got to meet Infomaniac!!

rrrr
01-17-2006, 08:39 AM
In Tulsa for the Chili Bowl... I called Ron and got an invite to come over and tour the shop.
Gotta tell you that Moritz Machine is one of the coolest old places I've seen in a while. It just has a....patina about it, some of the equipment is 60+ years old. Looks like they do a lot of "This is the only one left on Planet Earth, canya make a replacement?" type work.
I got to take a look at Project Safari, the mid-engined GM minivan with a Beeg motor. The tour was great, Ron kept pointing out cool stuff, "Uh, this is gonna be a small block with a 14-71, here's a couple of 500 CI plus drag motors, here's a crankshaft for a inline 8 cylinder farm tractor we gotta rebuild...".
His crank grinder looks like it could handle cranks over 6' in length. There is a submerged arc welder for depositing journal material on scored cranks so they can be remachined and reused, just cool equipment everywhere.
Thanks Ron! Enjoyed the tour!!! :D :D

Jbb
01-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Isn't he one of those ...V drive guys......

Sleek-Jet
01-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Ron's a cool guy... he took me in tow at the Spring Vegas drags and showed me around inside a few of the top fuel Funny Car team trailers.
Did ya get a T-shirt??? :D :D :D

Her454
01-17-2006, 10:20 AM
I consider myself fortunate to know him ........... he's a great guy and makes killer Lemonaide Rum drinks..... that my sister and I named the "Red-Eye"...........after drinking more than a few of them in the Parking lot at Pomona we ended up missing "several" flights and taking the "Red-Eye" home LOL.

superdave013
01-17-2006, 10:24 AM
I met Ron at the PRI show in Indy. Out of 1,000's of people the Okie was pretty easy to spot. :)