PDA

View Full Version : mayor of new orleans

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 09:16 AM
"gods will was to destroy the city""we will rebuilt it as a CHOCOLATE city".do I even need to say anything else?This needs to be in the political section,but no one ever looks there,plus this will give everyone something to do

Sleek-Jet
01-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Does anyone take anything this dumbass says seriously anymore?? I figure after we (the American people) dump Billions of dollars into that place, it will look just like the shit hole it was before Katrina.
He always reminds me of the Mayor in RoboCop 2... :220v: :220v:

IMPATIENT 1
01-17-2006, 09:20 AM
"gods will was to destroy the city""we will rebuilt it as a CHOCOLATE city".do I even need to say anything else?This needs to be in the political section,but no one ever looks there,plus this will give everyone something to do
he didn't really say that did he?

LAFD
01-17-2006, 09:21 AM
i heard this on the radio this morning and there was a few other things he said that just blew me away.

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 09:21 AM
new orleans off my "someday" vacation list.Vanilla isnt the correct color

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 09:22 AM
he didn't really say that did he?
worse than what I posted,I was so shocked I cant even remember the crap coming out of his mouth

IMPATIENT 1
01-17-2006, 09:26 AM
worse than what I posted,I was so shocked I cant even remember the crap coming out of his mouth
and everyone from the north wonders why racism is still so strong in the south!assholes like him keep it strong!

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 09:30 AM
and everyone from the north wonders why racism is still so strong in the south!assholes like him keep it strong!
mayor said 'Vanilla city" could you imagine the out come?

IMPATIENT 1
01-17-2006, 09:34 AM
mayor said 'Vanilla city" could you imagine the out come?
be a riot somewhere

AltarGirl
01-17-2006, 09:42 AM
1 word:
Ignant!! :rolleyes:

Big Warlock
01-17-2006, 09:42 AM
Welcome to the Democratic Party!!!!!!!! Are you all new to this country???
Hahahahahahaha :crossx:

Her454
01-17-2006, 09:49 AM
This guy continues to amaze me with his bullshit racial accusations. Its sad that such a historical city has an asshole for a Mayor. In my opinion his comments tarnish the city and harm its chance for rebuilding far worse than Katrina did.

jbtrailerjim
01-17-2006, 09:55 AM
The guy is just a freaking idiot. :rolleyes: Here is the article.
'God Is Mad at America,' Says New Orleans Mayor
Nagin Vows Rebuilt City Will Be 'Chocolate'
By BRETT MARTEL, AP
NEW ORLEANS (Jan. 17) - Mayor Ray Nagin suggested Monday that Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and other storms were a sign that "God is mad at America" and at black communities, too, for tearing themselves apart with violence and political infighting.
Surely God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it's destroyed and put stress on this country," Nagin, who is black, said as he and other city leaders marked Martin Luther King Day.
"Surely he doesn't approve of us being in Iraq under false pretenses. But surely he is upset at black America also. We're not taking care of ourselves."
Nagin also promised that New Orleans will be a "chocolate" city again. Many of the city's black neighborhoods were heavily damaged by Katrina.
"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans - the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans," the mayor said. "This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans."
Nagin described an imaginary conversation with King, the late civil rights leader.
"I said, `What is it going to take for us to move on and live your dream and make it a reality?' He said, `I don't think that we need to pay attention any more as much about other folks and racists on the other side.' He said, `The thing we need to focus on as a community - black folks I'm talking about - is ourselves.'"
Nagin said he also asked: "Why is black-on-black crime such an issue? Why do our young men hate each other so much that they look their brother in the face and they will take a gun and kill him in cold blood?"
The reply, Nagin said, was: "We as a people need to fix ourselves first."
Nagin also said King would have been dismayed with black leaders who are "most of the time tearing each other down publicly for the delight of many."
A day earlier, gunfire erupted at a parade to commemorate King's birthday. Three people were wounded in the daylight shooting amid a throng of mostly black spectators, but police said there were no immediate suspects or witnesses.
01-17-06 07:19 EST

1978 Rogers
01-17-2006, 09:58 AM
I read this yesterday on Yahoo and heard it this morning on my way into work on a radio station making fun of him. You'll never here in on the Major TV stations. :mad:

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Welcome to the Democratic Party!!!!!!!! Are you all new to this country???
Hahahahahahaha :crossx:
my wife bought me off a website,im from russia

crf311
01-17-2006, 10:35 AM
You should try living here right now. Man he just set the rebuilding back 4 months. No one is gong to come back with that type of talking comming from the mayor. His true color has come out.

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 10:37 AM
living there now.Time to move

OLDRAT
01-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Hey now, don't be trashin' Hoss's mayor :crossx:
Seriously, he has been talking like a crackhead since before the storm hit.
It's time for him to take responsiblity for his bad decisions and general
stupidity and get out. Know where he sent his family after the storm?
....out of state.
No matter what state or country, the s h i t always floats to the top when
there is a problem or disaster.
OR just venting.....

Mardonzi
01-17-2006, 10:48 AM
I guess that in this clowns mindset, god hates everyone,, Southeast Asians- Tsumanis, Japanese- Snowstorms, Iranians and Turks- Earthquakes and Southern Californians- Wildfires....

Captain Dan
01-17-2006, 10:49 AM
The guy is just a freaking idiot. :rolleyes: Here is the article.
'God Is Mad at America,' Says New Orleans Mayor
Nagin Vows Rebuilt City Will Be 'Chocolate'
By BRETT MARTEL, AP
NEW ORLEANS (Jan. 17) - Mayor Ray Nagin suggested Monday that Hurricanes Katrina and Rita and other storms were a sign that "God is mad at America" and at black communities, too, for tearing themselves apart with violence and political infighting.
Surely God is mad at America. He sent us hurricane after hurricane after hurricane, and it's destroyed and put stress on this country," Nagin, who is black, said as he and other city leaders marked Martin Luther King Day.
"Surely he doesn't approve of us being in Iraq under false pretenses. But surely he is upset at black America also. We're not taking care of ourselves."
Nagin also promised that New Orleans will be a "chocolate" city again. Many of the city's black neighborhoods were heavily damaged by Katrina.
"It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild New Orleans - the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans," the mayor said. "This city will be a majority African American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way. It wouldn't be New Orleans."
Nagin described an imaginary conversation with King, the late civil rights leader.
"I said, `What is it going to take for us to move on and live your dream and make it a reality?' He said, `I don't think that we need to pay attention any more as much about other folks and racists on the other side.' He said, `The thing we need to focus on as a community - black folks I'm talking about - is ourselves.'"
Nagin said he also asked: "Why is black-on-black crime such an issue? Why do our young men hate each other so much that they look their brother in the face and they will take a gun and kill him in cold blood?"
The reply, Nagin said, was: "We as a people need to fix ourselves first."
Nagin also said King would have been dismayed with black leaders who are "most of the time tearing each other down publicly for the delight of many."
A day earlier, gunfire erupted at a parade to commemorate King's birthday. Three people were wounded in the daylight shooting amid a throng of mostly black spectators, but police said there were no immediate suspects or witnesses.
01-17-06 07:19 EST
Great - imaginary conversations with a dead civil rights leader who answers the questions he asks....
Mayor "empty" noggin (Nagin)..... :cool:

Old Texan
01-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Schoolbus Ray has a big problem. His city is broke due to mismanagement, his idiotic pleas keep investors away, and his travels to the cities housing Katrina refugees bring displaced citizens with questions asking why something isn't being done. He basically has no answers other than he's waiting on the Federal government.
I've been thru the disaster zone and my obsevations are rural LA, AL and MS are industriously rebuilding and New Orleans proper is waitin' for Ray and Gov. Blanco to get their act together.
The Atlanta Journal Constitution announced today that FEMA has stopped funding hotels and many appartments for refugees. No job, no homes to return to, and no help from home.
I know Houston and Atlanta PD's will be happy to send a bunch of the NO troublemakers back home. A bad situation that will only get worse.

pjones
01-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Now he's appologizing for what he said.
How much longer are we going to have to endure this
fruit loop....?
He's an embarrasment to the state of La.

little rowe boat
01-17-2006, 02:58 PM
What kind of chocolate. I'm partial to white chocolate. :p