PDA

View Full Version : A Note to Renters from the Evil Landlord

Mandelon
09-27-2006, 09:34 PM
I saw this on Craig's List. Pretty funny.
A Note to Renters from the Evil Landlord
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2006-09-16, 9:21AM EDT
Ok, let's start at the beginning.
I'm not required to paint your entire house or apartment before you move in, not by any code, law or statuate. It was so nice to meet you when you came in with your digital camera and your back up friends and your notepad and told me what a releif it was to FINALLY see something in this town that was not a dump with wall to wall carpeting. You also looked like a stable person. Welcome to Baltimore, let me help you with your luggage. Here's a map and a restaurant reccomendation and a lease. I understand, I understand, you're right, there's a smudge on the wall, let's get that taken care of right away. New caulk in the bathroom? Ok...better water pressure? Uh, I'll try.
Let's talk about leases for a second. Do you think I made this stuff up? Do you think I haven't gotten screwed like 70 times because of people like you?!!! Please don't try to tell me what is typical or not typical in a lease. What the hell do you know about typical? You're 22 and you don't know anything! That's probably why you call my office to ask me to send a $30/dollar an hour worker over to your house to change a light bulb you can't reach. Are you a child? You didn't have trouble reaching the ceiling when you sponge painted your bedroom puke orange. Or how about a frantic e-mail that you're "freaking out" because you saw a mouse. What should you do? What am I planning to do about this?!!
Why don't you call your father? He's a lawyer and he can send me a letter about it. Um, did you ever consider washing your dishes? Putting your freaking pizza boli box in the garbage? You're going to have so much more than mice in your life. When you call for maintenance you should at least put away your bong.
And don't send me a list of things that MUST be done. I'm supposed to think you're really meticulous, right? By the way, your circuits are flipping because you have 5 computers, an HDTV, 4 regular TV's and an extra refrigerator in your house. It's a HOUSE not Walmart. Please don't tell me that the electric is bad.
Oh and here's another thing. Leave your cats and dogs back with your parents. If I walk into one more house and smell stinky cat box - meow-meow-meow. Aren't cat's neat. Is it because you're a student and can't afford cat litter? Or you don't have a car yet and don't want to carry it all the way from the Rotunda. You really shouldn't have an animal. IT'S TOO MUCH RESPONSIBILITIY. You don't even walk your dog! I came in and it had peed all over your kitchen floor and there was shit all over your basement. You don't love your dog. You love yourself. I should call animal control and have your animal CONFISCATED. Don't try to tell me that you grew up with dogs and that you are responsible. You're so NOT. You're too busy watching DVD's and getting stoned to walk your animal. Hopkins is going well, eh? You've got a flat screen? oooh- impressive. It looks great next to your display of beer drinking paraphanalia.
But you're right. I'm such a crappy landlord and you're such an ideal tenant! That porch step was very dangerous, you were right and it needed painted. I endangered your well being with that porch step. I understand that when you're really drunk it's sometimes easy to trip on a porch step and become injured. Hey, same for that sticky tar roof you were trying to sunbath on. Sorry about that.
I just want to tell you though how great that big plaid couch and recliner look on the front porch now. I guess that's normal wear and tear when 12 people sit on the porch grinding cigarette butts into the floor as if it were an ashtray. I just want to tell you how much the neighbors like it too. It all looks nice against their bird feeders.
But your house is on the INside right. The outside is for other people to worry about. I know this is a city and it looks messy but why don't you stop for a moment and think about why. Let's talk about garbage. If you're such an environmentalist then why don't you put your garbage in the can and put the lid on the can. Is it too gross to touch that awful can? Well your whole foods garbage is always spread all around the alley and I'm so sick of going out there with my rubber gloves to pick it up for you. Is this part of growing up in a familiy of lawyers with a family dog that you don't walk and litigation to solve every light bulb that burns out? Do you think it was ME that chewed a hole in that bag or did it ever occur to you that the rats you are feeding behind your house are the same ones that are going to come in your basement and FREAK YOU OUT as soon as the weather gets cold. Then it's going to be my fault and your brother's old lawyer friend from New Hampshire is going to write me a nice threatening letter about how I'm endangering your health.
Way to be peaceful man. Why don't you go stand on Charles Street and wave a sign that BUSH SUCKS. I think YOU SUCK because if you can't make peace with your neighbors then you don't even have a right to stand there and say why anyone else sucks. Why do I have to get phonecalls from your neighbors about how you can't get along, can't be PEACEFUL, about how you said "**** OFF" when he asked you to be quiet in the middle of the night. You said "**** OFF" with your face full of organic junk food and a heart full of narcissistic poison.
Wow, a year already? And now you're going to find a better rental. Fresh start right? No more roomates. No more beer bong and you WANT EVERY FREAKING CENT OF YOUR PARENT'S SECURITY DEPOSIT BACK. Please tell me that that was how it looked when you moved in. Please tell me that this is normal wear and tear. Please tell me that your cat didn't have fleas. Please tell me that it's your right to keep every stitch of your clothing on the floor and that I can't force you to clean up while I'm showing your house. That's right, you have FINALS as well as mother issues. Please be sure to tell the people trying to step over your piles while they look at your house that the neighborhood is, you know, OK.
When you get a job, I hope you have to appear in a cubicle at 7:30 every morning. I hope your neighbors keep you up all night with their party. I hope you try to buy some real estate thinking that you can escape from the grind. I hope your tenants are Hopkins Undergrads
just
you
and I hope you'll think back to this rant just before you head outside with your rubber gloves to clean up someone elses garbage.
this is in or around Baltimore/ Charles Village
no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Trailer Park Casanova
09-28-2006, 03:13 AM
That's a good one.
I used to hear from renters when they screw'd something up deluxe, or dragged behind on paying the rent:
"I'm making your mortgage payment for you!"
I never got the logic of that statement. Like it means they can be careless and fux things up, including my credit.

NashvilleBound
09-28-2006, 03:47 AM
After just getting done fixing yet another thrashed rental back up.....that is some good stuff. I'll remember some of those lines for sure! These people amaze me with all the stupid shit that falls out of their faces.

dragboat
09-28-2006, 04:20 AM
I can't believe the coincidences. I had a tenant try to backcharge me $30 for installing 3 ceiling tile that we have sitting extra in his back room.

Red Horse
09-28-2006, 04:37 AM
My last renter in Vegas called to tell me that there was crab grass in the back yard and they were going to call a landscape company to fix it and send me the bill. The crab grass was Bermuda that I put in about 3-4 months before they moved in. It had just grown over the edging.
I told them they are not to touch the grass and if they called ANYBODY, they would pay for it. GLad they are gone. :cool:

Caribbean Jet
09-28-2006, 07:13 AM
I had a condo in San Diego that I rented to an older couple thinking that it would be easier. Let me just say that I was WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They wanted the carpets cleaned every six months yea right. They would pour there fat from cooking down the drain and say the draines were clogged (no Sh*t) After they were unclogged they needed to be flushed because it smelled funny, thats because you poured fat down the drain. They would come up with a new list about every 6 months. They had way too much time on their hands.

KreatinKaos
09-28-2006, 05:08 PM
I just booted a load of problem tenants ... the f*ckers had six people living in a single bedroom apartment a month after the original tenant moved in :crossx:

YeLLowBoaT
09-28-2006, 05:21 PM
i've made alot of money off bad renters... keep renting too them plz :) ... I love billing ppl for over 10k. No joke some of the stuff I have seen goes well beyond "WTF". The 1st thing I tell my new guys when we go to repaint/repair a rental is "don't open the frig" Trust me that smell does not go away... :220v: One of my favorite storys: Some smart as pulled all the outlets and switchs, then cut the wires as close as they could to the box( less then 1/4" of wire showing) then put every thing back nice and neet. I was breaking out boxs for 2 days...

HM
09-28-2006, 05:32 PM
My reply:
Mr. Evil Landlord...I saw your 'For Rent' ad (sign), and if I can have the opportunity to buy the place from you in a few years…
• I'll pay you more than your asking for rent
• I'll pay all your maintenance costs during the rental agreement
• I'll cover all your property tax expense while I rent from you
• I'll cover all your management costs during our agreement
• I'll take 100% responsibility for the property and everything associated with it
• I'll put in a 3rd party tenant for you, and guarantee his rent and performance 100%
• I'll set our arrangement up so that the property and the title are shielded from bankruptcy, tax liens, creditor claims, probate, or marital dissolution legal actions on your part
• I'll eliminate all of your negative cash flow
• I'll put an end to all possibilities for Vacancies
• I'll completely annihilate all landlording woes and headaches for you—forever
• And, sure, you bet I have all the cash needed for the deal
Sounds to good to be true? Probably. But what if it isn't? I wouldn't worry because there is no possible way it could be true, it has to be a scam...right? :D
Where is LocoGringo (Daniel) when I need him? I hate rentals, but I love investment properties!

KreatinKaos
09-28-2006, 07:24 PM
i've made alot of money off bad renters... keep renting too them plz :) ... I love billing ppl for over 10k. No joke some of the stuff I have seen goes well beyond "WTF". The 1st thing I tell my new guys when we go to repaint/repair a rental is "don't open the frig" Trust me that smell does not go away... :220v: One of my favorite storys: Some smart as pulled all the outlets and switchs, then cut the wires as close as they could to the box( less then 1/4" of wire showing) then put every thing back nice and neet. I was breaking out boxs for 2 days...
Damn ... that wire stunt was a bad one , my worst ones just broke all the cabinets , doors , clogged all the drains , and flooded the place :crossx:

Misogynist
09-28-2006, 08:36 PM
I had one renter turn the back yard and driveway into an illegal auto repair center. I finally had to evict him after about a dozen warnings. Bastard stomped in all the cabinet doors and stomped the oven door off the front of the stove. Then the dummy was stupid enough to list me as his last landlord. hahahahahahahahh.... :220v:

Chromegorilla
09-28-2006, 10:52 PM
HA! My wife is an apartment complex manager..... she was rollin when she read this...some funny chit for sure!

deltaAce
09-28-2006, 11:29 PM
My policy as a renter has always been, if you keep the place maintained & don't cry about stupid stuff, then the landlord won't raise the rent.

ratso
09-29-2006, 01:38 AM
I used to own rental property... duplexes... never again. :yuk: