PDA

View Full Version : Howard 28 " Red Barron " Road trip

clearfork
09-28-2006, 05:59 AM
Hey guys,
We will be heading out to CA on friday. Should roll into Valencia on monday afternoon sometime. My wife and I may stay out there for a couple of days before we head back. However the Big red bullet will be staying out there.
Some of you might want to drop by early next week take a look.
Let the games begin,,,,,,,
It is sort of sad because our boating season is over here in Tennessee.
But there is always next year!
Take care , MIchael

TPI
09-28-2006, 06:07 AM
Michael,
I havent been home in a while due to the local fire. I will try and get together with you while you are around. Can I drive your boat again before you put it away? :crossx: :220v: :crossx: :)
Thanks
Gary

It's Only Money
09-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Is the Red Barron for sale? Awesome boat! I saw it at the L.A. Boat Show.

dicudmore
09-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Is the Red Barron for sale? Awesome boat! I saw it at the L.A. Boat Show.
yes it is...

clearfork
09-28-2006, 12:12 PM
yes gary, you may drive it as much as you like.
actually i filled it up last week for a poker run that got rained out so it needs to be emptied so to say.
yes the boat is going to be in CA and it is for sale.
MP

RiverOtter
09-28-2006, 12:14 PM
yes gary, you may drive it as much as you like.
actually i filled it up last week for a poker run that got rained out so it needs to be emptied so to say.
yes the boat is going to be in CA and it is for sale.
MP
:idea: I'll give ya $25,000 and you won't even have to tow it to CA

NashvilleBound
09-28-2006, 12:42 PM
$25,001!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RiverOtter
09-28-2006, 12:51 PM
$25,001!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dammit NB!!! :mad:
$25,500 and I'll drive to Nashville to pick up the boat :cool:

NashvilleBound
09-28-2006, 01:13 PM
He does not live in Nashville..... Liberty. And I am leaving for Vegas tomorrow morning....maybe I can get him to stop there for a day......
$25,501!!!!!!!!!!
And whats up with seasons over???? We still have a few weeks left....still in the low 80's next week......
RO: Eddie call you yet??????

RiverOtter
09-28-2006, 01:17 PM
He does not live in Nashville..... Liberty. And I am leaving for Vegas tomorrow morning....maybe I can get him to stop there for a day......
$25,501!!!!!!!!!!
And whats up with seasons over???? We still have a few weeks left....still in the low 80's next week......
RO: Eddie call you yet??????
He did and I'm watching my email for the quote. I pulled the trigger on the stone and hired the tile guy. The tile / stone distributor sweetened up the deal. :cool: . Still gonna spend way too much :mad:

NashvilleBound
09-28-2006, 01:19 PM
He did and I'm watching my email for the quote. I pulled the trigger on the stone and hired the tile guy. The tile / stone distributor sweetened up the deal. :cool: . Still gonna spend way too much :mad:
You spending too much is a relative term. But Eddie will save you 50% for sure. You dont need this boat so lets not drive the price up....ok slim?

RiverOtter
09-28-2006, 01:21 PM
You spending too much is a relative term. But Eddie will save you 50% for sure. You dont need this boat so lets not drive the price up....ok slim?
Ok.... but Maybe $25,550 as a parting bid :D

NashvilleBound
09-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Ok.... but Maybe $25,550 as a parting bid :D
Its cool....that can be your part.... my part will be $25,551.
Wait now....this is starting to sound like CF is getting $51,101 Something is not right here.

RiverOtter
09-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Its cool....that can be your part.... my part will be $25,551.
Wait now....this is starting to sound like CF is getting $51,101 Something is not right here.
We'll have to form a LLC to buy this dagum thing :D

Desert Rat
09-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Can I play $25,552 :crossx:

NashvilleBound
09-28-2006, 01:26 PM
We'll have to form a LLC to buy this dagum thing :D
LOL...something like that

RiverOtter
09-28-2006, 01:27 PM
Can I play $25,552 :crossx:
Clearfork only accepts bids from TN :idea:

NashvilleBound
09-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Clearfork only accepts bids from TN :idea:
My contract says CASH bids from TN :rollside: :yuk: :rollside:

RiverOtter
09-28-2006, 01:33 PM
My contract says CASH bids from TN :rollside: :yuk: :rollside:
Well.......... I'm out :cry:

clearfork
09-28-2006, 04:33 PM
You boys have been in Tn too long.
Wont be long you will have to take your shoes off to count to 20 and NB will have to pull his pants down to count to 21........
Ya see you fellas have the decimal in the wrong spot.
The red Barron will reqire you to move it to the right one place.
The CH Poker run Was three kinds of LAME.
What a waste of time.
I will call as we go through LAS and see how nice the water in mead is.....maybe put some west water through those sea strainers,
be well, and remember you have 9 days and 23 hours left in the bid
MP

NashvilleBound
09-28-2006, 04:45 PM
You have my number....call me as far ahead as possible.... But at least pit stop in for some food...my treat. Be carefull driving.

clearfork
09-28-2006, 04:47 PM
youve missed me havent you ?

NashvilleBound
09-28-2006, 04:56 PM
youve missed me havent you ?
Of course..... :rolleyes: But we can do dinner anytime/anywhere as long as its early... We have 10pm shows Sat and Sun to see......

TPI
09-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Dinner at Caesars? Give me a time, unless of course you are talking about this weekend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if your talking next weekend, ,,,,,I'm in. I will even drive you to lake Mead and show you around. :crossx:
Michael, When you get to CA can I bid? My bid is $100K, I know that's about 50% of what it would be to duplicate your boat, but I figured it was worth a try? :crossx: :cry: :rollside:

RiverOtter
09-29-2006, 02:59 AM
You boys have been in Tn too long.
Wont be long you will have to take your shoes off to count to 20 and NB will have to pull his pants down to count to 21........
LMAO !!!
Ya see you fellas have the decimal in the wrong spot.
The red Barron will reqire you to move it to the right one place.
:idea:
and remember you have 9 days and 23 hours left in the bid
MP
:rolleyes: ............................$56,000

NashvilleBound
09-29-2006, 03:27 AM
Gary...NO OUTSIDE OF TN BIDS....sorry, wish you could play. :rolleyes:
RO.... Why dont you and the missusss fly out for a dinner or a few days with us? Its gonna be a good time.......

clearfork
09-29-2006, 05:48 AM
Hey Curley you and Larry might have to let some other folks from outside TN join in.
I know , i know but they pay for things with MONEY.
Not our usual method of payment but somehow I think the bank might frown on 56,000. and 10 goats 2 cows and a chicken.
So I may ask you to broaden your horizons and let some fresh air in.... unless NB is willing to swap LOt #6 in the new subdivision for it. Then we could talk.....
Gary Taylor if you would like for me to arrange it I will make arrangements for us/you to take a spin....you are truely welcome........I will call closer to ......
Be well all .....and for now .... The bid is 56,200. plus lot 6 in NB subdivision south Murfreesboro........MP

RiverOtter
09-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Gary...NO OUTSIDE OF TN BIDS....sorry, wish you could play. :rolleyes: .......
He does need to get with the program :rolleyes:
RO.... Why dont you and the missusss fly out for a dinner or a few days with us? Its gonna be a good time.......
Tempting but we are headed to Atlanta tomorrow to see the Gin Blossoms at the Tabrinacal (sp?) and then getting a room :cool:

clearfork
10-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Well we made the 4500 mile trip. Which went pretty well.
1. I will never complain about the condition of Tennessee roads again.
2. Someone needs to explain the word professional to all of the professional truck drivers out there.
Needless to say it is good to be home.
Well the boat is in Valencia, and should be cleaned up soon and in the showroom. THe boat is 100% and is ready to go. (100 plus....)
Gene is the man to talk with, but I am available to answer any questions you might have. It truely is a beautiful boat.
2006 with 26 hours.................MP

clearfork
10-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Sorry fellas,
This was purely a run out and run back.
I had promised to get together with some folks but I really had to hustle in order to get back to work.
I hope you understand.
NB
GT
Talk soon...............MP

TPI
10-07-2006, 05:37 AM
I also was pretty tied up with these damn CA fires. I still would like to make it out to TN someday, and check out the waterways! :)

NashvilleBound
10-07-2006, 06:01 AM
Sorry fellas,
This was purely a run out and run back.
I had promised to get together with some folks but I really had to hustle in order to get back to work.
I hope you understand.
NB
GT
Talk soon...............MP
Geez, Guess I can leave Vegas now.....good thing I wasnt holding my breath and all........... :rollside: :rolleyes: :) :rollside: :rolleyes: :)