PDA

View Full Version : Droop Snoot on an 78 Sanger 18ft.

Dominator Scott
09-28-2006, 07:16 AM
As some of you know I am restoring my fathers 18ft Sanger Superjet and I am trying to get all the speed I can without having to tear into the motor.
The boat currently runs 63-65mph on the speedo and hopefully the place diverter I ordered will come in today so I can get that installed and see if she gains more speed.
My question is,has anyone run a droop snoot on a 18ft Sanger Superjet and if so what were the results? They seem relatively inexpensive but if it's not going to increase the top speed than it's a waste in my book. What are your thoughts? :cool:
Thanks
Scott

lilrick
09-28-2006, 07:42 AM
can you borrow one from a friend??? Didn't seem to make a difference on may buddies boat, but I'd get one anyway!! They look cool!

Dominator Scott
09-28-2006, 07:52 AM
can you borrow one from a friend??? Didn't seem to make a difference on may buddies boat, but I'd get one anyway!! They look cool!
My friends and myself are all heavy into the offshore boating scene so this I don't know a soul that even has a jet boat,let alone one with a snoot on it.
I am doing all this for my father as a Christmas present so he doesn't have a clue that I am restoring this thing. He lives in northern Michigan and will have the boat for about 8-10 weeks of the summer and the rest of the time I will have it since he doesn't have a garage big enough to store it. So in the spring and late summer this little thing is mine to play around with and I want more speed from it,considering I run a 32 Sunsation that is well into the triple digits.
If this was my boat I would just buy a huffer and be done with it. :rollside:

IMPATIENT 1
09-28-2006, 07:53 AM
As some of you know I am restoring my fathers 18ft Sanger Superjet and I am trying to get all the speed I can without having to tear into the motor.
The boat currently runs 63-65mph on the speedo and hopefully the place diverter I ordered will come in today so I can get that installed and see if she gains more speed.
My question is,has anyone run a droop snoot on a 18ft Sanger Superjet and if so what were the results? They seem relatively inexpensive but if it's not going to increase the top speed than it's a waste in my book. What are your thoughts? :cool:
Thanks
Scott
i have a buddy with a super jet and he had better luck with a straight snoot, the snoop did fine but the snoot added mph and still made it launch harder.

Dominator Scott
09-28-2006, 08:06 AM
i have a buddy with a super jet and he had better luck with a straight snoot, the snoop did fine but the snoot added mph and still made it launch harder.
How is there a benefit to a straight snoot? The jet is at the same height in the water as the original,just further back. Was it a Sanger like I am running?

olbiezer
09-28-2006, 01:44 PM
dont know about the straight snoot but i had a biesemeyer with a droop and a placediverter.......before the droop and diverter about 64.....with both it did a even 70 mph

BILLY.B
09-28-2006, 06:37 PM
dont know about the straight snoot but i had a biesemeyer with a droop and a placediverter.......before the droop and diverter about 64.....with both it did a even 70 mphYeah right Ron. Behind your truck maybe :rollside: .

BILLY.B
09-28-2006, 06:41 PM
I have a droop snoot on a 1980 Sanger Sprint jet. Boat runs in the high 80's, low 90's on nitrious. Boat launchs great as I remember but turned badly unless you slowed down and then gave it throttle.. Boat could of used a fin towards the back and i'm sure that would of corrected the problem.

olbiezer
09-28-2006, 08:26 PM
hey wheres the love billie??????? that boat had a shot pump and a worn out engine but still looked good and ran pretty good for what it had........come on man show me the love........or money either is always appreciated lol :) :argue: :rollside: