PDA

View Full Version : Ultra 23 deck info

Makinitdrip
09-28-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm thinkin about buying one but I can't find any reviews on it or anybody who has one. Can any body help me out???

Jyruiz
09-28-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm thinkin about buying one but I can't find any reviews on it or anybody who has one. Can any body help me out???
Awesome looking deckboat for a 23'r. I have never ridding in one, but I check them out at the Corona Ultra dealer.

Makinitdrip
09-28-2006, 11:33 AM
Ya I've been there. They tell me its the best thing since front release bra's but there trying to sell me one.

Jyruiz
09-28-2006, 11:35 AM
I was actually told it was not ideal for Havi on the weekends and it would be safer if I went with a V because of my little ones.

shockwavebd
09-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Ya I've been there. They tell me its the best thing since front release bra's but there trying to sell me one.
Now that's funny
power boat did an eval in august of 05....

Makinitdrip
09-28-2006, 11:41 AM
I had heard that also so I asked the sales guy bout it. He told me it would be fine but some people panic when water comes on board. I go to Lake Meade alot and the waves get huge there.

Makinitdrip
09-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Cool.. Ill se if i can find it tin archives

sigepmock
09-28-2006, 11:54 AM
23 deck is a great boat for the river. It is also a great boat for the lakes during the week but may be a little small for the weekend chop. We looked at one very seriously but took the advice and went bigger since we do most of our boating during the weekend. If you like the deck boat take a look at Ultra's 26' deck boat, big enough to handle the weekend chop on the lakes, and they haul butt with the 496 ho. They are also very competitvely priced right now, you get a lot of boat for the money.
Do a search on here for it and you'll find some great info.
Good luck,
Chris

Singleton
09-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Looked at the 23, but when JW asked where do I do most of my boating and the answer was Havazoo on weekends he told me the 26 was the better boat. Said the 23 would work, but the 26 is better in Havi on weekends. Specifically said the 26 was built for Havasu on weekends.
Only 4 more months until my 26 is done. Winter orders are great, but waiting sucks.

Makinitdrip
09-28-2006, 12:03 PM
HOw much $$$ if you dont mind me askin

SHADOW23
09-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Have had mine almost two years now. It does well in light to moderate chop. On big weekends expect to get a little wet. Stock 496 low 70's. Nice and roomy for the size. If you want to cough up about 30k more you can get into the 26 shadow deck with a 525. I took one for a drive with J.W. on a real rough day and didnt get a drop of water on me. Would like to upgrade someday, Just like not having payments.

Singleton
09-28-2006, 12:52 PM
HOw much $$$ if you dont mind me askin
I got a winter order special (I believe I am number 12 going into the mold, don't quote me on this, but I think number 3 is in the mold now). Not sure what the price is now, I am having some extras added and still working the final number with Steve @ Ultra. Not to side step your question, but I need to keep the $$ secret at this time (GF would kill me if she knew the number (she lurks here) and I am not sure what deals Ultra is working at this time.
I would call Steve or JW to get a quote on the 26.
FYI - the first 26 with a 496HO w/CMI headers does mid 80's and that was old school molding. Ultra went to infused for the 26 and the hull is 800lbs less, so I don't think you need a 525 unless you really want to fly.

ULTRA26 # 1
09-28-2006, 01:32 PM
I got a winter order special (I believe I am number 12 going into the mold, don't quote me on this, but I think number 3 is in the mold now). Not sure what the price is now, I am having some extras added and still working the final number with Steve @ Ultra. Not to side step your question, but I need to keep the $$ secret at this time (GF would kill me if she knew the number (she lurks here) and I am not sure what deals Ultra is working at this time.
I would call Steve or JW to get a quote on the 26.
FYI - the first 26 with a 496HO w/CMI headers does mid 80's and that was old school molding. Ultra went to infused for the 26 and the hull is 800lbs less, so I don't think you need a 525 unless you really want to fly.
Some clarification needed here. The 1st 26 Shadow Deck is mine and it runs very well with an HO and CMI's. However, to say that my boat runs mid 80's is pushing it. (although I have seen that number on the boat speedo which is wrong) The boat has seen low 80's under the very best of conditions. I was alone, running into an 40 mph headwind, which caused a great deal of lift, and tanks 1/2 full . In nornal conditions, with 3 or 4 people, and ice chest and tanks full mid to high 70's, on GPS. The 26 Deck is a great boat.
John M

Singleton
09-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Some clarification needed here. The 1st 26 Shadow Deck is mine and it runs very well with an HO and CMI's. However, to say that my boat runs mid 80's is pushing it. (although I have seen that number on the boat speedo which is wrong) The boat has seen low 80's under the very best of conditions. I was alone, running into an 40 mph headwind, which caused a great deal of lift, and tanks 1/2 full . In nornal conditions, with 3 or 4 people, and ice chest and tanks full mid to high 70's, on GPS. The 26 Deck is a great boat.
John M
My bad, bad data. John thanks for stepping up and listing the correct data. John was the lucky one that got number 1. Hell his boat is the one I sat in when I decided to purchase mine. I will take mid 70's, any faster and the GF is giving my that look.

shippingguy
09-28-2006, 02:02 PM
I will be giving a test drive in one at Lake Elsinore on Sunday morning if you are interested. You are more than welcome to meet up with me. I will be heading out there at 10:00am. This boat will have a 496HO for power. Like others have said on here the boat runs well in Havasu, but on a crowded weekends when the water gets rough you are better off with the 26 for sure. Lake Mead can get big for alot of boats and if that is where you mostly boat then I would definitely lean more towards the 26.

Brady Bunch
09-28-2006, 02:22 PM
I have an Ultra 23' Deck with 20 hrs on it. It is FOR SALE..... Looks Showroom New! Shoot me a PM with any questions you have with regard to the 23'. This is my 2nd Ultra Deckboat I have owned and have been totally thrilled with them.
-Greg

ULTRA26 # 1
09-28-2006, 06:13 PM
My bad, bad data. John thanks for stepping up and listing the correct data. John was the lucky one that got number 1. Hell his boat is the one I sat in when I decided to purchase mine. I will take mid 70's, any faster and the GF is giving my that look.
Singleton,
You are going to be one happy dude when you take delivery of your 26. The 26 is my 5th boat in the last 10 years, and I can say without any question, I have enjoyed boating this season more than ever. I'm looking forward to seeing your 26 come out of the mold and in the water. Have you decided on colors and graphics?. The CMI's are worth the extra $$.
John M