PDA

View Full Version : Fighting with the ex.... What do you guys think?

Mr. Crusader 83
01-17-2006, 10:19 AM
:argue:
Ok so we dated for 5 1/2 years, we were planning on getting married, but she walked out on me. 4 years into it we bought a boat, she put in $2000 i paid the rest. ($3200) I also paid for the interior $2400, the pump work $900 and the engine upgrades $800. now she says she is taking me to court for half the price of the boat. Because her name is on the pink slip. $7500 if i get it.
what do you guys think?
we never got married.
she never put any extra money into it.
she has no proof that she paid $2000 up front.

Jordy
01-17-2006, 10:20 AM
But she did pay, you admitted it here and there are no real hitmen, they're all undercover cops. ;)

topless
01-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Ok so we dated for 5 1/2 years, we were planning on getting married, but she walked out on me. 4 years into it we bought a boat, she put in $2000 i paid the rest. ($3200) I also paid for the interior $2400, the pump work $900 and the engine upgrades $800. now she says she is taking me to court for half the price of the boat. Because her name is on the pink slip. $7500 if i get it.
what do you guys think?
we never got married.
she has no proof that she paid $2000 up front.Take out the interior, pump and motor. Then see how much the hull is worth.

scarabrick2
01-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Who's on the title?

jackpunx
01-17-2006, 10:23 AM
what do you guys think?
we never got married.
Look it up on "nada" I bet its only worth a couple thousand.. Sell it for that price.. give her half the money.. then buy it back :)
good luck

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 10:24 AM
and move on

Mr. Crusader 83
01-17-2006, 10:25 AM
on the title it says
my name / her name
does that mean, and , or?
i know if it is or then i can sell it without her signing

Her454
01-17-2006, 10:25 AM
what do you guys think?
we never got married.
Um...... "she put in 2000.00 ............. that says it all. If the situation were reversed would you want the money back that you put in to it?

JB in so cal
01-17-2006, 10:26 AM
on the title it says
my name / her name
Is it California title?
It should be either "and" or "or".

Jordy
Um...... "she put in 2000.00 ............. that says it all. If the situation were reversed would you want the money back that you put in to it?
I don't see where he asked for a girl's opinion on the topic. Of course you're going to side with your own kind. :rolleyes: :cool:

Mr. Crusader 83
the only part that sucks ass is she wants money, but we lived together in havasu for 2 years and she never worked never looked for work and cherged the living shit out of HER credit cards while i paid them, and the rent and utilities.
that is why i dont want to give her shit.... you know

YeLLowBoaT
01-17-2006, 10:27 AM
tell her you will give her 2k then get the F00k out of my life. Do you have records of what you paid for the upgrades on the boat? that will come in very handy latter down the line. If you do, then it comes down to "how much would the boat be worth with out the upgrades"
If I were a betting man I would bet she comes out of this with 2k- court costs....

NOTALENT
did you write checks or pay cash for the upgrades....if you have the copy of the checks with only your name on it...there is your proof...otherwise it may be cheaper to giver her half and get her out of your life....or sell to someone on ***boat for x amount of money.. ;)

Her454
I don't see where he asked for a girl's opinion on the topic. Of course you're going to side with your own kind. :rolleyes: :cool:
My own "kind" LOL........ Not siding, just voicing my opinion on what I think is fair.

Ivan Dan
01-17-2006, 10:28 AM
I think what he is saying is that she wants half of the total of what its worth ($7500) instead of the just the $2000 she put into it.

Mr. Crusader 83
also it is ca title
my name / her name
i dont get it????????? :mad:

Mr. Crusader 83
I think what he is saying is that she wants half of the total of what its worth ($7500) instead of the just the $2000 she put into it.
correct.... f*** that

Howie Feltersnatch
01-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Give her 2 grand & be done with it. If she still want's to go to court then Jaxpunx's idea is a good one. Oops - I see she want's half of the perceived value - hahaha! See ya honey.

jackpunx
01-17-2006, 10:29 AM
the only part that sucks ass is she wants money, but we lived together in havasu for 2 years and she never worked never looked for work and cherged the living shit out of HER credit cards while i paid them, and the rent and utilities.
that is why i dont want to give her shit.... you know
It will cost you less if you pay her now.. Boats dont appreciate.. so.. take her 2k.. run it through the depreciation process.. figure out what that is.. and pay her.. get a loan from a guy that threatens to cut your legs off.. and give her that money.. You will have better luck with the loan shark then with a woman scorned

Mr. Crusader 83
01-17-2006, 10:30 AM
It will cost you less if you pay her now.. Boats dont appreciate.. so.. take her 2k.. run it through the depreciation process.. figure out what that is.. and pay her.. get a loan from a guy that threatens to cut your legs off.. and give her that money.. You will have better luck with the loan shark then with a woman scorned
LOL now that is some funny shit......

jackpunx
01-17-2006, 10:32 AM
a boat is only worth what someone will pay for it..
What do you have in that boat that is worth 7500 ?(no disrespect intended)..

riverroyal
01-17-2006, 10:32 AM
so she has plenty of free time.After you take a day,or 2 days off work to deal with this your gonna lose money.just pay her.In very small payments

Her454
01-17-2006, 10:33 AM
LMAO, I would have to agree..... I would give her only what she put in to it, period. But the sooner the better..........

Jordy
My own "kind" LOL........ Not siding, just voicing my opinion on what I think is fair.
But life isn't fair so it's kind of a pointless exercise. :D

YeLLowBoaT
if all else fails... put a few hundred more in the boat... in N20....see if that motor can handle that 250hp shot... then see how much its wroth :crossx:

Mr. Crusader 83
01-17-2006, 10:36 AM
a boat is only worth what someone will pay for it..
What do you have in that boat that is worth 7500 ?(no disrespect intended)..
no problem.... its a 83 crusader bubble deck, new seats, carpet, gauges, 454, berkeley, with droop, loader, diverter, 2 optimas, i paid 5g figured it was worth at least 7500 with all the upgrades,
runs great 65mph all day. fun, i just want a bigger boat, for me and my new chick.

C-2
01-17-2006, 10:37 AM
This has
JUDGE JUDY
Written all over it. Sure, she'll yell at you and make you pay - but with the shows money, not yours.
Seriously.

Mr. Crusader 83
01-17-2006, 10:37 AM
if all else fails... put a few hundred more in the boat... in N20....see if that motor can handle that 250hp shot... then see how much its wroth :crossx:
i already told her it needs an engine and its only worth $4000. and she still wants half.

YeLLowBoaT
01-17-2006, 10:39 AM
i already told her it needs an engine and its only worth $4000. and she still wants half.
Max out the INS then don't put the plug in all the way....make sure you have one to the kind that "toggle" make sure it sticks below the boat for that 250 shot runs.... :crossx: :crossx:

PlyaPlya22
01-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Look it up on "nada" I bet its only worth a couple thousand.. Sell it for that price.. give her half the money.. then buy it back :)
good luck
I think this is the wisest thing to do if you want to keep it!

IMPATIENT 1
01-17-2006, 11:04 AM
good luck
THIS GUY NAILED IT! OR JUST GIVE HER HALF WHAT A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT MARINE DEALERSHIPS BID IT AT.GIVE THE LAWYERS BOTH BIDS AND OFFER HER HALF OF THAT.IF SHE REALLY WANTS OUT ,SHE'LL DO IT.

H20 Toie
01-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Be thankful that she only wants 2k. Just give here the boat and go get a better one.

Hardly Satisfied
01-17-2006, 11:16 AM
DUMP THAT B$T$H :argue:

Mr. Crusader 83
01-17-2006, 11:19 AM
DUMP THAT B$T$H :argue:
its already done.
i got new chick now....
i just need to get rid of it.... im over the B.S.
any takers.

Jetboatguru
01-17-2006, 11:32 AM
I would call the Law Firm of Jones, Jones and Jones. They were on here before and settled a huge case. No BS firm right there.

Cas
01-17-2006, 11:37 AM
what do you guys think?
we never got married.
Personally, I don't think you owe her diddley squat. You weren't married and there's no "common law marriages" in CA...what's she going to do? take you to court? if so, what for? a $2000.00 investment into an assett that very rarely appreciates?
To me, it sounds like you may have entered into a partnership on a boat. With a partnership, each party shares both the income (appreciation) and expenses on said property. Being that you put in $7300.00 of the money invested, she needed to share in the costs. Sounds to me like she owes you! :p

azgfboatgirl
01-17-2006, 11:41 AM
on the title it says
my name / her name
/ means AND in California

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
01-17-2006, 11:46 AM
Well you can go to court offer the $2000 that she put in and tell the judge the story or like someone else said.....sell it......BUT.....you could sell it to a hot boat member or some friend she DOESN'T know for a cheap price give her half and buy it back within the next week of the sell ?????? :idea: :idea:

nhbuoy
01-17-2006, 12:33 PM
...I hope her or her lawyer aren't reading this...If you want to be a "nice" guy, give her half the NADA value, pat her on the head, & say go away...

soupersonic
01-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Wish i could have got rid of my ex that cheap. $2000 or $3750, either way sounds like a bargain to me.

jdogginla
01-17-2006, 01:21 PM
Doesn't really matter what any of us think..........the bottom line is that HER NAME is on the title. YOU allowed her to live with you and not work. YOU allowed her to shop and ring up her credit cards, then re-enforced that behavior by paying the bills. Kinda hard to bitch and comlain about it after the fact.
In the question of you paying for the upgrades.....in court it will come down to a he said-she said issue. She can say that she gave you money, for certain upgrades and you paid for it by check. Again doesn't really matter because the bottom line is that she is listed as an owner on the title. The title doesn't say 25% owner....just says owner.
Good luck.......but you'll probably owe her half of any proceeds gained from the sale of that boat.

Jordy
01-17-2006, 01:44 PM
I would call the Law Firm of Jones, Jones and Jones. They were on here before and settled a huge case. No BS firm right there.
Good call Guru. :D
Those guys were serious take no prisioners kind of litigators. They'll do a great job for you. ;)

SmokinLowriderSS
01-17-2006, 02:02 PM
I didn't have any details about the boat except what was posted and the avatar. But I only came up with a 2,300 NADA value. I say pay her off and be rid of her.
Forensic
I think you take that NADA value (or whatever one you come up with), add a couple dealership offers to buy (to really "establish a value", especially if they "lowball" you a bit because you "need to sell in a hurry"), cross all 3 figures, go to the attorneys (have yours see hers really), AND offer the $2000 to go away. The 2K will likely seem "generous" to both her attorney and to a judge. If the realistic value of an old, used, jetboat comes up to 3K, you are still offering to buy her out with, not only her entire orriginal expense, but at 2/3 the value of the machine, not just half. If you can get yourself into that position, documented, then, even if she refuses, she stands a good chance of having the 2K settlement ran down her throat by the judge deciding you are perhaps being "more than fair". Just worj\k up proof that your idea of $7500 value is/was a gross and unfortunate overestimation. Might help to take it to dealers that don't really deal (or care to deal) in 18-20' jets, more likely to lowball the offers in writing.
Best idea I got after fighting nasty women thru 2 genuine divorces in the midwest. Working a custody fight currently.

Red Horse
01-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Never ever put your name on something with someone else that you are not married to. Even then be careful. Sounds like she wants revenge value turned into cash. Get the estimates, offer the 2K, if she balks, keep the boat forever and let steam till she forgets about it.

Tom Brown
01-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Can't you just get Robert Blake to rub her out?

Sleek-Jet
01-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Berretta's the man... :skull:
The Juice could help out too... :skull: :skull:

Windy
01-17-2006, 03:47 PM
I wish you the best of luck with this situation. :rolleyes:

Jbb
01-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Capital Idea...and thats the name of that tune....

Mr. Crusader 83
01-17-2006, 04:01 PM
I wish you the best of luck with this situation. :rolleyes:
thanks windy....
i dont know first she said i want money, with a notorized letter, now she says i will sign the pink, and go away.
i dont care either way. all i know is im getting a 22 daytona and i want as much money as possible towards that. so maybe she will go away
and let that be a lesson to all those guys out there. keep you wallets close and your pink slips closer.

Captain Dan
01-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.......don't do it!...... :)

Tinkerer
01-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Offer her the $2000 - if she says NO then tell her that you want back what she bought with her cards and YOU paid for.
My EX tried to get half the value of my boat.
BUT since it was paid for before we were married and she never contributed anything toward the repairs or maintenance she didn't get a dime of it.
I did buy her out to GO AWAY though.
It cost me more than what we had originally come up with but a lot less than what she wanted once her lawyer got involved.

Throttle
01-17-2006, 04:10 PM
was her 2k a loan or a gift? or was she looking to be a owner of something that she needed to B.O.A.T. for? cuz if the boat needs a new motor she should pay up! She only wants to wreck something you enjoy... so blow it off... sell it... start over... my .02
treat the boat just like you did her, get rid of her and then replace her!

Mr. Crusader 83
01-17-2006, 04:12 PM
was her 2k a loan or a gift? or was she looking to be a owner of something that she needed to B.O.A.T. for? cuz if the boat needs a new motor she should pay up! She only wants to wreck something you enjoy... so blow it off... sell it... start over... my .02
treat the boat just like you did her, get rid of her and then replace her!
HELL YEAH ! ! !

Tom Brown
01-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Fraidycat! :yuk:

Hermosa
01-17-2006, 05:21 PM
Shoot her in the head. done.

Wet Dream
01-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Who's on the title?
At what point did you miss "her name is on the pink slip"?

TCHB
01-17-2006, 07:19 PM
1. Pay her 2K and record the transaction.
2. Record your story on paper (be specific with time and dates)
3. Tell her to take you to court

BiggusJimbus
01-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Since the title is both names, she will have to sign it for any sales transaction to occur.
So, you're kind of screwed with that one.
My wife and I have been married for 14 years, and all our vehicles are still -Or- . Just so much easier in the long run.

Wet Dream
01-17-2006, 08:10 PM
At what point did everybody miss this? Good luck with her not getting half, she's on the title and CA is a community property state, doesn't matter if you were married or not. Property purchased together and titled jointly is the definition of community property. Just because you don't want half the drapes and dishes she bought, doesn't mean you're not entitled. Fight fire with fire. Ask for half of everything she purchased while you were together.
DING DING DING. You get what many others haven't figured out in 3 pages. ;)

Nord
01-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Tell her to take you to court, after she figures out what the lawyers cost, her half wouldn't be worth it.
Then go hook up with her best friend :)

Mr. Crusader 83
01-17-2006, 09:26 PM
ShockwaveBob, Wet Dream, and Nord
you all have very good points. i think i will ask her for half those diamond ear rings, and ring whil im at it. and half the 2005 lexus is 300 she bought. damn this could be good. i think she will end up signing and going away. i knew i could count on you guys from hb for something other then being smart asses....lol

Cs19
01-17-2006, 10:34 PM
If it were me Id give her $1500 cash and tell her to pound sand, she got her $500 worth of use out of it for 1-1/2 years.
Keep it out of the court room if possible,good luck.

gqchris
01-17-2006, 11:47 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/285483crusader_cbbb05.jpg
Is this her protecting her 2k interest off the dock:) heheheheh
She looks real "happy" in this pic as well!!!

clownpuncher
01-17-2006, 11:55 PM
You will have better luck with the loan shark then with a woman scorned
True mother fouckin that!

JetBoatRich
01-18-2006, 04:46 AM
you will probably be forced to give her something, make an offer and see where it goes :cry:

Sportin' Wood
01-18-2006, 06:35 AM
part it out, sign the pink over to her, and dump the hull in her front yard. If her names on the trailer as well, leave that less tires. :)

Mr. Crusader 83
01-18-2006, 06:51 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/285483crusader_cbbb05.jpg
Is this her protecting her 2k interest off the dock:) heheheheh
She looks real "happy" in this pic as well!!!
YES THAT WOULD BE " C*NTZILLA"