PDA

View Full Version : Sudoku

FMluvswater
09-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Sudoku (http://www.websudoku.com/)
I'm not sure "enjoy" is the correct word but it certainly is a work safe time killer. :idea:

Windy
09-29-2006, 08:08 PM
OMG...Im so addicted..I play it in the truck on our way to the river. :)

FMluvswater
09-29-2006, 08:58 PM
OMG...Im so addicted..I play it in the truck on our way to the river. :)
What challenge level? :D Mostly I try to solve the medium ones. After a few solves I sometimes get over confident and try a hard one. Have solved a few of those but they really ARE hard :squiggle:. If I get stumped :o I give up and go do an easy one to feel smart again. :D

Windy
10-02-2006, 07:17 AM
What challenge level? :D Mostly I try to solve the medium ones. After a few solves I sometimes get over confident and try a hard one. Have solved a few of those but they really ARE hard :squiggle:. If I get stumped :o I give up and go do an easy one to feel smart again. :D
My book has 6 levels...and Im on level 4..so Im probably at the same level as you...Ive done a few level 5's though...but it takes me to damn long. My book is falling apart from playing it so much. :)

Windy
10-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the link FM...I saved it in my favs. :)

FMluvswater
10-02-2006, 10:23 AM
My book has 6 levels...and Im on level 4..so Im probably at the same level as you...Ive done a few level 5's though...but it takes me to damn long. My book is falling apart from playing it so much. :)
I maybe gotta get me a book then cuz I don't have a printer (yet) and I'd like to be able to do the puzzles other than only at the computer. :idea: Do books have an answers section? :D
It takes me longer than the "average" puzzler to finish one but I don't care about time I just care whether I can actually solve it or not. :D Happy to hear the link will be of use to you. :cool:
I also like the JigSawdoku (supposedly for kids) but I switch it to symbols cuz I get tired from looking at numbers sometimes. :smile:

Windy
10-02-2006, 12:19 PM
I maybe gotta get me a book then cuz I don't have a printer (yet) and I'd like to be able to do the puzzles other than only at the computer. :idea: Do books have an answers section? :D
Yes...answers in the back...they are perfect for road trips..and flights to..I got hooked on this game from flying home from New York. :)

Debbolas
10-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the link FM...I saved it in my favs. :)
Me too ;)
uh, not to sound like a dumb blonde or anything... :rolleyes: .........but is there a strategy? Sometimes I don't know I've done it wrong until I'm missing numbers...... :crossx:

FMluvswater
10-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Yes...answers in the back...they are perfect for road trips..and flights to..I got hooked on this game from flying home from New York.
Then I'm changing my previous "maybe" to definitely! :D What kind of book should I be looking for, Windy? Just one like the Crossword puzzle books, search a word etc. from magazine rack at a grocery or drug store or a fancy book from a book store eg Chapters?
uh, not to sound like a dumb blonde or anything... .........but is there a strategy? Sometimes I don't know I've done it wrong until I'm missing numbers......
Actually there are many strategies. Found that out when I went looking for Sudoku forums. What I read at one of them hurt my brain and confused the h-e-double hockeysticks outta me. :2purples: Decided to just wing it on my own. I notice patterns and double check all rows, columns and boxes for accidental duplicates. Other than that I don't know what to tell ya, Deb. I like doing logic puzzle books too so I'm familiar with process of elimination thinking.
One thing that might help is if you click options at that link and check allow pencil markings. That'll let you enter up to 5 numbers in a box (more #'s there are, the smaller they appear). I've only ever used it for an Evil puzzle ... none of which I've ever solved, lol. :D

Debbolas
10-02-2006, 03:46 PM
I have a long flight to Baltimore tomorrow, thought I might take my laptop and a few puzzles :D

FMluvswater
10-02-2006, 07:04 PM
I have a long flight to Baltimore tomorrow, thought I might take my laptop and a few puzzles :D
Safe trip there and home, Deb. :smile: Puzzles are a great distraction from realising time pass. :D If you figure out any strategies for solving during your trip please do share when you get back. :D