PDA

View Full Version : SUV/Pick up rental

RJ Nordic
09-30-2006, 05:53 PM
Any one know where we can rent a Tahoe/suburban/expedition with a 2" receiver to take to the river 8 or 10 times a summer and pull the boat outa storage and launch. Storage only 2 miles from ramp in Havasu.
Preferably in OC but keeping options open.
Thinking of getting rid of Suburban since we are now empty nesters :( and don't need the space nor $ daily on fuel. :idea:

4DAY4PLAY
09-30-2006, 06:25 PM
i dont know of anyone who rents these other than your typical car rental co's like budget, avis, enterprise, etc...but IMO for the amount your going to spend to rent them....you should just keep yours, or sell yours and pay cash for a cheaper, older tow vehicle. If you think about it, you rent by the day, so you say 8-10 times a year on the avg a 3 day trip= 30 days..at a coservative $50 day, your looking at $1500 year, plus milage at like 500 miles(from so cal) a trip....might run you another $500 for a total of 2k...which is $200 month, a payment on a used SUV...and you own it! just my opinion.

RitcheyRch
09-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Enterprise rents them.

lewiville
09-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Goog luck finding a Tahoe or Surburban to rent where the rental car company will allow you to tow a vehicle. The liability exposure is too high for any rental car company to do this. I worked in the rental car industry for 12 years and delt with this concern on serveral ocassions. Now what they don't know won't hurt them but normally the rental car companies don't purchase the units with tow pagages.
You might be better off calling Uhaul or United Rentals to help you out with this. But here you will only find f250's pick up trucks and it looks gay running down the road with your magic power boat with united rentals pasted on the side door.
Your better off with your first thought of calling your buddy Joe who owns an SUV.

YeLLowBoaT
09-30-2006, 06:47 PM
don't tell them your towing :crossx: :crossx: they won't rent :cry:
yeah, but if something goes wrong its your ass...

Richie Rich
09-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Interesting...
don't tell them your towing :crossx: :crossx: they won't rent :cry:
I have a co-worker who owns a Dodge 2500. He was in an accident that left his truck out of service for several weeks. Anyway, he was able to rent a Ford Expedition from Enterprise and they knew he was planning to tow a pop-out camper. As a matter of fact the rental was arranged by the at fault drivers insurance company. I was pretty surprised when we got to the rental joint to pick up the SUV but they let him out the door knowing he was planning to tow.

HMF'er
09-30-2006, 07:27 PM
If it's not too far out of your way, check with Chino Hills Ford. They rent Expeditions and I would bet the rentals have hitches on them.

RitcheyRch
10-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Most of the Enterprise trucks and SUV's I have seen have trailer hitches. Can only assume they buy the vehicles from the manufacturers and dont take the hitches off since is time consuming.

beever_retreever
10-01-2006, 11:28 AM
you can try Galpin Ford. We've rented from them twice. They've got Expeditions($99) and Excursions($139) for rent. Those were prices from last year over the 4th and Labor Day wkds.