PDA

View Full Version : Vista Del Lago......California side of Havasu

lewiville
09-30-2006, 06:20 PM
I wanted to get some input on anyone that might has info on this place. It is really nice and I want to buy one this week.
Just before I buy I want to make sure that everything is cool

Havasu1986
09-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Sorry Never heard of it..

Ion
09-30-2006, 07:16 PM
If it's on the CA side, odds are that the land can only be leased from the Chemhuevi's, which means that they can, without warning, pull the lease up from under you. This has already happened once since I've lived here (7 years).
Make sure you can own the land before you decide.

LUVNLIFE
09-30-2006, 07:19 PM
That's right. I have worked with a relative of the guy who developed it. You only get the lease you don't own it. I was offered one early on but I would want to own my land. :cool:

KLEPTOW
09-30-2006, 07:26 PM
It's not indian land but you do not own the lot.

KLEPTOW
09-30-2006, 07:28 PM
On top of the park rent, the guy is marking up the price of the mobile home a 100k.

lewiville
09-30-2006, 07:37 PM
On top of the park rent, the guy is marking up the price of the mobile home a 100k.
How do you know he's marking up the mobile 100k?

KLEPTOW
09-30-2006, 07:40 PM
I know somebody.

lewiville
09-30-2006, 07:45 PM
I know somebody.
I was told year and half ago that the development was sold out with 300 names on the list. I was was there a couple of months ago a saw only 10 or so sold. What happen with that? sold out to 10.

KLEPTOW
09-30-2006, 08:01 PM
I was there a couple of weeks ago and they had about 30 units sold.

lewiville
09-30-2006, 08:03 PM
I was there a couple of weeks ago and they had about 30 units sold.
are you looking yourself?

lewiville
09-30-2006, 08:13 PM
just trying to get the skiny on this. I have been in the Landing for ever and would like to move up on the hill.
Should I do it?

KLEPTOW
09-30-2006, 08:15 PM
for the money i would find something on deeded land.

KLEPTOW
09-30-2006, 08:16 PM
are you looking yourself?
No, I have a lot out in the North Estates.

lewiville
09-30-2006, 08:21 PM
for the money i would find something on deeded land.
well this place is almost deeded land. The developer ownes the land and is renting it out. Its comon knowledge that you rent any space that has to do with a modular home. Just trying to find out if there might be anything I need to know about the developer

KLEPTOW
09-30-2006, 08:29 PM
well this place is almost deeded land. The developer ownes the land and is renting it out. Its comon knowledge that you rent any space that has to do with a modular home. Just trying to find out if there might be anything I need to know about the developer
But you will be totaly locked in, if he pisses you off you can't even take your moblie home out of that park.

KLEPTOW
09-30-2006, 08:32 PM
If enough people hold out, I'll bet he starts selling the lots.

lewiville
09-30-2006, 08:51 PM
just trying to get a general consenses of what people would do.
how many place's have a club house, pool, etc.
As you can see I just dont want to get burned. Theres to many story's that people buy and get burned.

SHOTKALLIN
09-30-2006, 09:17 PM
I called and requesated the info. Rediculously priced manufactured homes. something like $180k. Not a quote but in that ball park. Plus you never own the land. You also have a rediculous monthly lease payment. This was a few months ago so I dont recall actual prices. Filed the brocure in the round file. Hell you are not even in havasu. You are stuck on the cali side.
IMHO you are better off to buy or build a house for cheap in Mohave Valley. You can launch at Needles, Jack Smith, Golden Shores or Moabi for the same price. You own the land and its a real house. Just my .02

KLEPTOW
09-30-2006, 11:12 PM
There is one big plus to the Cali side, labor day weekend Saturday it took us 15min to launch at 11:30am, you Wont do that anywhere else on the river that weekend.

KLEPTOW
09-30-2006, 11:16 PM
If you like the cali side, as I do check with one of the realitors that live over there and have them start looking for you. I have heard of a number of private properties that have sold this year.

lewiville
10-03-2006, 04:23 PM
anymore info on this place?

socalmoney
10-03-2006, 04:43 PM
One advantage to owning something on the AZ side is you will have a place to take you firearms when they get outlawed here in CA.

riverfun
10-03-2006, 05:42 PM
just wait, you will not come out ahead in the long run on leased land.

havaduner
10-03-2006, 05:53 PM
If enough people hold out, I'll bet he starts selling the lots.
From what I was told, it is BLM land, but the water and sewer is tied in to the Chemehuevi's system, so the land can only be leased. It is a turn key deal. You pick your floor plan, (from their approved list) and all your amenities (concrete, awnings) and wham, your done, for about 180K. Thats more than you can do it your self, but then you buy it, and it gets done, and rather quickly for out there. Also, your lease is for 10 years longer than you finance (if thats your plan) so, if you finance for 25 years, your lease is for 35. Not sure if there is a homeowners assoc. in this park. One other draw back, most of the lots you cant build garages.

SHOTKALLIN
10-13-2006, 08:38 AM
http://www.vistadellago.info/
not worth it if you ask me. Worth it if there was no lease and if the association wasn't a boat payment.

That Guy
10-13-2006, 09:36 AM
I would be very careful...and I can't figure out why the guy had to call it Vista Del Lago when that is the name of the development we live in on the AZ side...how abut Vista Del Lease...? :crossx:

Schiada2006
10-13-2006, 11:43 AM
We have been at the Landing for over 5 years and enjoy it. Launching is quick, easy and never a wait. We lease our space from the tribe and have never had any troubles. Vista Del Lago is a nice resort but pretty pricey monthly lease. Good Luck!

lewiville
10-13-2006, 02:13 PM
We have been at the Landing for over 5 years and enjoy it. Launching is quick, easy and never a wait. We lease our space from the tribe and have never had any troubles. Vista Del Lago is a nice resort but pretty pricey monthly lease. Good Luck!
thank you for the input.
do you guys have any property taxes? Vista Del Lago cant give and answer on that because they dont know.

havaduner
10-13-2006, 02:31 PM
thank you for the input.
do you guys have any property taxes? Vista Del Lago cant give and answer on that because they dont know.
Yeah, even on the reservation, us whiteys get to pay prop taxes. I got away with not paying for awhile, but they got me anyway. Oh, and then, since I made improvements to my place, the BIA came in and said the indians could raise my rent becuase I improved "their" land. Nice.
Still, I have waterfront, no launch lines to speak of, and a lot of friends to visit in the evenings!

lewiville
10-13-2006, 02:36 PM
Yeah, even on the reservation, us whiteys get to pay prop taxes. I got away with not paying for awhile, but they got me anyway. Oh, and then, since I made improvements to my place, the BIA came in and said the indians could raise my rent becuase I improved "their" land. Nice.
Still, I have waterfront, no launch lines to speak of, and a lot of friends to visit in the evenings!
what is the rate? How long have you been there?

Schiada2006
10-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Since we have been there, we have put in a new double wide and built a garage. Our only property taxes have been on the new double wide and not the improvements to the property. Our monthly lease payment has remaind the same and we just signed a 6 year extentions on our lease. We have had a wonderful experience. :)

KLEPTOW
10-13-2006, 07:01 PM
You have not been there long enough to find out how well they go back on there leases, ask somebody about the blockaid they had at the front gate about 7 or 8 years ago.

Ultrafied
10-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Vista is not on Indian land. However:
1) part of their water rights are from the Chemehuevi
2) the park owner is making a killing on the mobile home price
2) you pay park lease and HOA fees
3) no storage on premise
4) limited additional parking (for vehicles) in the park
5) you still have to use the Chemehuevi marina (and launch fees) and you're outside
6) the development is 18 months behind schedule
7) 30 lots sold? ..... must be in escrow!
I live in the Landing. Although you won't be leasing from the Chemehuevi, everything else there is dependant upon them.
1) marina
2) gas (other then Bunkies and that may not be open much longer)
3) store (the liquor store is ok, but not for everything)
4) lake access
You will be paying a lot more for a lot less in my opinion. Good luck.

Ultrafied
10-13-2006, 08:07 PM
You have not been there long enough to find out how well they go back on there leases, ask somebody about the blockaid they had at the front gate about 7 or 8 years ago.
Must have missed that ..... 7 or 8 years ago, there wasn't any dispute. 14 years ago, yes there was a dispute going on, but not for the Thunderhead 1 or 2. Most of it was in Enterprise and the old park.

shaffewm
10-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Since we have been there, we have put in a new double wide and built a garage. Our only property taxes have been on the new double wide and not the improvements to the property. Our monthly lease payment has remaind the same and we just signed a 6 year extentions on our lease. We have had a wonderful experience. :)
shhh..... :cool:

KLEPTOW
10-14-2006, 05:21 AM
Must have missed that ..... 7 or 8 years ago, there wasn't any dispute. 14 years ago, yes there was a dispute going on, but not for the Thunderhead 1 or 2. Most of it was in Enterprise and the old park.
I stand corrected. Now if you were there enlighten us on some of the wonderfull things the Chemehuevi did to all those fine deep pocket peoples.

Ultrafied
10-14-2006, 07:17 AM
I stand corrected. Now if you were there enlighten us on some of the wonderful things the Chemehuevi did to all those fine deep pocket peoples.
In Old Park and Enterprise, two of the older sections, the leases were extremely (ridiculously low). The Indians raised their rent (and broke their lease) to what Thunderhead 1 & 2 were. This was a large increase (like double or more then what they were paying).
Some paid the increase, others didn't and tried taking it to court. You will hardly win in Federal court because of the Indians sovereign status. You take your chances leasing with little recourse. Some agree (I for one) that the advantages definitely outweighs this possibility.

lewiville
10-16-2006, 08:49 AM
In Old Park and Enterprise, two of the older sections, the leases were extremely (ridiculously low). The Indians raised their rent (and broke their lease) to what Thunderhead 1 & 2 were. This was a large increase (like double or more then what they were paying).
Some paid the increase, others didn't and tried taking it to court. You will hardly win in Federal court because of the Indians sovereign status. You take your chances leasing with little recourse. Some agree (I for one) that the advantages definitely outweighs this possibility.
how long have you been in there?

lewiville
10-16-2006, 10:00 PM
what about the the club house?

whiteworks
10-17-2006, 04:21 PM
I was out there this weekend and toured the models. they are really nice. the entire project is really nice and upscale. met with the developer and his wife they have been putting this project together for quite some time he purchased the land 20 years ago. the clubhouse is currently under construction and is bad ass. the prices reflect the product. as a financial investment "thats your call" as far as nice resort style river park it is the nicest thing to hit the cali side ever. I would advise anyone who is interested to go look for yourself and ask your questions there. if you call them they will pick you up at the marina, they are more than happy to show off there project.

havaduner
10-17-2006, 04:40 PM
what is the rate? How long have you been there?
We've had our place since '99, put a new double wide with a garage in 2000. Lease payments are not the same for everybody in the park, so I wont advertise mine here.

havaduner
10-17-2006, 04:42 PM
To add to my last post,, I pay signifigantly less than what the rates at Vista Del Lago, and I'm on the water, dont have to pay launch fees.

lewiville
10-17-2006, 07:24 PM
To add to my last post,, I pay signifigantly less than what the rates at Vista Del Lago, and I'm on the water, dont have to pay launch fees.
that could be some serious change if you end up going out every other weekend.

havaduner
10-17-2006, 08:47 PM
that could be some serious change if you end up going out every other weekend.
We were out there every weekend in August and Sept. with the exception of Labor Day.
I think the launch fees are 18 bucks a day now......

BajaMike
10-17-2006, 09:06 PM
You can buy a real house in Arizona, a couple miles from the river/lake, for that much money, and not pay "lease" fees, and actually OWN your property and a real house. Why would you consider it????
Arizona has lower taxes, fees and gasoline then California. I would never buy (or lease) a river house Cali.
Just MHO..... :rollside:

KLEPTOW
10-18-2006, 03:09 AM
I was out there this weekend and toured the models. they are really nice. the entire project is really nice and upscale. met with the developer and his wife they have been putting this project together for quite some time he purchased the land 20 years ago. the clubhouse is currently under construction and is bad ass. the prices reflect the product. as a financial investment "thats your call" as far as nice resort style river park it is the nicest thing to hit the cali side ever. I would advise anyone who is interested to go look for yourself and ask your questions there. if you call them they will pick you up at the marina, they are more than happy to show off there project.
If you give me a 100k plus the extras i will have in-store for you later I'll pick you up and have a drink waiting for you.

Ultrafied
10-18-2006, 05:18 AM
how long have you been in there?
We've been out there since 1992.

macslot
10-24-2006, 08:49 PM
The development is on land privately owned by the developer ( not an Indian tribe) The developer places the manufactured homes on the lot and leases the land to you ( the owner of the home). The current rent, as an introductory offer is $500.00 per month for the first three years. After three years the rent is to increase to $750.00 per month. Includes fridge, stove,etc
The approximate cost of the home is from 200,000 to 220,000 (except for one very large home) which includes all landscaping, hardscape, awnings along the entire one side of the home (approximately 70 feet x 12 feet) sufficent for one or two boats, toys, etc. Iundefinedn addition there is a patio cover on the front of the home which measures, Im guessing approx 15 feet x 40 feet. Included is a very nice development with an approximated 7000 sq. foot recreation building with swimming pool jacuzzi, game room, laundry facilities, large kitchen for parties.
I am aware of the specifics as I have purchased a home in the development.

macslot
10-24-2006, 08:59 PM
wanted to add that the price includes the refrigerator, stove, microwave, and dishwasher.
The length of the lease offered by the developer is 20 years but he might agree to longer term. The length of the lease is unrelated to any financing you might use. Parenthetically, there are few lenders which will finance this type of construction and the interest rates are high - say 9%. Best to refi your house and pay cash if you can.
Also, garages are permitted on the "inside lots" - those not located on the view side of the streets. Garages are costing about $45.00 a square foot the last time I checked. Access will be controlled by gated entry.

SHOTKALLIN
10-25-2006, 01:53 PM
You can buy a real house in Arizona, a couple miles from the river/lake, for that much money, and not pay "lease" fees, and actually OWN your property and a real house. Why would you consider it????
Arizona has lower taxes, fees and gasoline then California. I would never buy (or lease) a river house Cali.
Just MHO..... :rollside:
This is what I have been saying the whole time. Topock, golden shores, Mohave valley, Fort Mohave, make way more sense and are great buys in comparison to Vista del lago. I would even do Bullhead before Vista del lago. Nothing like owning the land. That association fee is a boat payment.
Just my .02

RiverRatMike
10-25-2006, 03:06 PM
from my work looking across the lake, it looks like to me they are building lots of new homes.

havaduner
10-25-2006, 05:09 PM
anybody know one? This would be for Murrieta. A five bedroom home and a three bedroom home.
No such thing as a good and honest carpet cleaner.

riverfun
10-25-2006, 10:25 PM
200 to 220k plus 500 to 750 a month and you dont have a garage? does not sound like a good deal. Plus financing at 9% that 500 to 750 a month would mean you could BUY a home for 280 to 320k and own the land. Think REAL hard about this one.

SHOTKALLIN
10-26-2006, 01:35 AM
another smart one

SHOTKALLIN
10-26-2006, 01:40 AM
for 230k you can build 1800 sq ft with 3 car boat deep garage with some upgrades. Mohave Valley is river close and has many lots under 50K. Just launch and head south!
just my .02