which Graycie???

little rowe boat
01-17-2006, 03:06 PM
which Graycie???
Royce.

YeLLowBoaT
01-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Royce.
Hoyce??? His brothers are alot better then he is... they just don't fight....
Oh and Chuck would kick all thier a$$es

OutCole'd
01-17-2006, 03:12 PM
Gracie

unleashed
01-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Matt, will take him easily!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Jbb
01-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Oh and Chuck would kick all thier a$$es
:p :p

NOTALENT
01-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Im stiking with hughes, but I would like to see an awesome grappling match like we saw when Diego Sanchez faught Nick Diaz....that was insane!!!

Mrs.RoxySnow
01-17-2006, 03:51 PM
That's the one I'm waiting for, Sat. Feb. 4th, SuperBowl Weekend! I wouldn't even try to predict that one, just dying to see it. As for Matt and Royce, gotta take Matt, I think the Gracie guy has the name, but Matt's been a constant recently and the other guy just might be a little out of the loop to know what's coming his way. Just a girlie point of view of course... :D

moneypit
01-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Royce is going to lose. I will also add that he is the best of all the Gracies (IMO). His brothers never fought anyone worth a damn.
Royce brought Jui Jitsu to MMA. He wasnt a striker. Then everyone learned submission with defense to submission. SO you take a guy like Hughes who is Younger, no Ring Rust, a NCAA champion wrestler, veteren submission fighter and a good striker. You tell me.

ECeptor
01-17-2006, 05:26 PM
If he's stayed in shape, then Gracie.
If age has taken it's toll, the Hughes.
Gracie in his prime would submit Hughes...no doubt about it in my mind!!!
So, is this like the fight with Shamrock and whatshisname? Shamrock in his prime would have kicked that guys ass up and down. But Ken was looking old, outta shape, and stiff as a board in the ring. The fight almost looked like a set up...wasn't much of a fight.

Sane Asylum
01-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Gracie if he's in shape........He won't stand up with Hughes........Hughes likes for you to stand up because he's a striker.......

LLGirl
01-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Mr llgirl here. I never post, but lurk often. Being that I am active in the fight game, I had to comment on this thread. This fight will be huge for PPV buys,
First, this fight is being set up for one reason. To build up Matt Hughes. Dana White is a great businessman and knows how to build his fighters to the fans. This fight is a horrible matchup for Royce under todays rules. I think that Royce can not win this fight with the quick stand ups nowadays. The longer the fight stays on the ground, the more the advantage goes to Royce. Matt has been in trouble with submissions in the past. Submitted twice by Hallman, once by BJ, Charuto was dominating him, Trigg had his back, etc. He is a stud, but can be submitted. I will bet on Matt, but if it were allowed to stay on the ground, the fight could change for Royce.
Matt is not a striker by definition, but is a world class wrestler who will put Royce on his head and stay in superior position. Someone mentioned that Chuck would destroy Royce. Keep in mind that Chuck walks at 220#. Chuck would destroy almost anyone at Matt or Royce's weight. Royce's brothers are indeed tough, no doubt better than Royce as all around fighters. But they are mostly smaller. Royler is very small, Ryan is also. Rickson's jiu jitsu is off the charts, but his fights were against a lot a inferior competition.
Signing this fight will bring interest back to some fans that were around from the early days and drifted out during the underground years. The sport is blowing up right now, mainstream MMA is here.
Just my opinions. But.....bet the farm on Matt Hughes. Styles make fights. This fight is made for Matt Hughes.

Mrs.Racer277
01-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Mr llgirl here. I never post, but lurk often. Being that I am active in the fight game, I had to comment on this thread. This fight will be huge for PPV buys,
First, this fight is being set up for one reason. To build up Matt Hughes. Dana White is a great businessman and knows how to build his fighters to the fans. This fight is a horrible matchup for Royce under todays rules. I think that Royce can not win this fight with the quick stand ups nowadays. The longer the fight stays on the ground, the more the advantage goes to Royce. Matt has been in trouble with submissions in the past. Submitted twice by Hallman, once by BJ, Charuto was dominating him, Trigg had his back, etc. He is a stud, but can be submitted. I will bet on Matt, but if it were allowed to stay on the ground, the fight could change for Royce.
Matt is not a striker by definition, but is a world class wrestler who will put Royce on his head and stay in superior position. Someone mentioned that Chuck would destroy Royce. Keep in mind that Chuck walks at 220#. Chuck would destroy almost anyone at Matt or Royce's weight. Royce's brothers are indeed tough, no doubt better than Royce as all around fighters. But they are mostly smaller. Royler is very small, Ryan is also. Rickson's jiu jitsu is off the charts, but his fights were against a lot a inferior competition.
Signing this fight will bring interest back to some fans that were around from the early days and drifted out during the underground years. The sport is blowing up right now, mainstream MMA is here.
Just my opinions. But.....bet the farm on Matt Hughes. Styles make fights. This fight is made for Matt Hughes.
Hi there Mr.LLGirl- Nice to see you posting. :) :)

LLGirl
01-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Hey Mrsracer277, I try not to post. Afraid of getting caught up in the controversy that happens here. :) Any luck in finding tickets for Feb. 4th? I haven't forgotten. It's hard to find them cheap right now. Still have my feelers out.

Mrs.Racer277
01-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Hey Mrsracer277, I try not to post. Afraid of getting caught up in the controversy that happens here. :) Any luck in finding tickets for Feb. 4th? I haven't forgotten. It's hard to find them cheap right now. Still have my feelers out.
LOL :) :)
No luck on the tickets. Thank you for taking the time and trying. No stress if you can't. Hope to make it out to LL soon. Hubby got sick over New Years or we would have been there with Debbie and Lance. :)
Thanks again.
Dia