PDA

View Full Version : Amazes me how...

AirtimeLavey
10-01-2006, 11:00 AM
some people will let their single biggest investment (their house) go to crap....
I see it all the time as a realtor, but still never get over it. It's just throwing money out the window.
Also, landlords who don't watch their tenants, and don't see their investments getting trashed. I looked at a $700k + property this week that was getting thrashed by the tenants and their monster dog in the backyard. :hammerhea

riverroyal
10-01-2006, 11:02 AM
bought 4 NEW homes in 10 years,we looked at used,they are always trashed!We sold our last house in 8 hours,its was turn key,only way to sell these days

ratso
10-01-2006, 11:05 AM
It isn't just houses. I've seen a big difference the way people treat their boats too. One guy that works for me bought a new speedboat, we rigged it up... thing was immaculate. He pulls it up on the rocks, ties up to the dock or houseboat without any bumpers etc etc. Now less than 6 months later, it is a scratched up pile of shit with a blown motor because of stupidity... :rolleyes:

AirtimeLavey
10-01-2006, 11:07 AM
You can make money, and get a lot more house for the money buying used, but once you get it, freak'in take care of it. :yuk:
I bought a fixer, and have done very well. Previous owners would have a heart-attack to see it now. It's NOTHING like when I got it. :cool:

AirtimeLavey
10-01-2006, 11:10 AM
It isn't just houses. I've seen a big difference the way people treat their boats too. One guy that works for me bought a new speedboat, we rigged it up... thing was immaculate. He pulls it up on the rocks, ties up to the dock or houseboat without any bumpers etc etc. Now less than 6 months later, it is a scratched up pile of shit with a blown motor because of stupidity... :rolleyes:
I don't get it. My sister and her husband treat their cars like crap. I switched with them one weekend because they had company from out of town, and wanted to use my Tahoe. Their car was disgusting! First thing I did was take it and got it detailed. :yuk:

HocusPocus
10-01-2006, 11:48 AM
when we were out several years ago house shopping, we looked at a house that the owners had used one of the bedrooms as a dog kennel for 4 very large dogs. the walls from about the 4' level on down were just trashed and it still had the carpet down, the smell from that room was unreal. it was a very nice looking house from the outside but i don't know how you would ever get the smell out of that place. :crossx:

wsuwrhr
10-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Air Lavey is hopefully not talking about MY house, but rather the house we looked at this morning. haha.
:argue: :argue:
Man, location, location, location.
If it weren't for where the house was parked, I wouldn't even give it a second look.
Brian

wsuwrhr
10-01-2006, 12:56 PM
I bought a fixer, and have done very well. Previous owners would have a heart-attack to see it now. It's NOTHING like when I got it. :cool:
So you RUINED yours too?
Geeeeezzzzz man, take care of your shit.
:) :)
Brian

wsuwrhr
10-01-2006, 12:57 PM
I don't get it. My sister and her husband treat their cars like crap. I switched with them one weekend because they had company from out of town, and wanted to use my Tahoe. Their car was disgusting! First thing I did was take it and got it detailed. :yuk:
What condition did the Tahoe come back in?

76ANTHONY
10-01-2006, 01:10 PM
im no realtor, but we see it everyday, day in and day out, some people could care less about what they have or own....it sucks but it will never stop. :mad:

AirtimeLavey
10-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Air Lavey is hopefully not talking about MY house, but rather the house we looked at this morning. haha.
:argue: :argue:
Man, location, location, location.
If it weren't for where the house was parked, I wouldn't even give it a second look.
Brian
No way, B. Your house is very clean...I was thinking more about the house we saw, and the other $725k one I mentioned. You and the Mrs. are in good shape. :D

AirtimeLavey
10-01-2006, 08:34 PM
So you RUINED yours too?
Geeeeezzzzz man, take care of your shit.
:) :)
Brian
Hold up, where'd I lose you? I meant the previous owners would freak at seeing their pink bathroom turned into a master suite w/over-sized jacuzzi tub, multi-head shower, double vanity, etc....and the kitchen, and the other bath, and the fireplace, etc.... :D

wsuwrhr
10-01-2006, 08:34 PM
No way, B. Your house is very clean...I was thinking more about the house we saw, and the other $725k one I mentioned. You and the Mrs. are in good shape. :D
Yea that house it a peice of work.
I am concerned about the inspection. I am wishing for good things.
I will need that card to convince the wife the house is a good idea, myself included.
I love the area though and that is a bad thing.
Brian

wsuwrhr
10-01-2006, 08:35 PM
I know I know.
As tall as you are, I can't believe that passed over you. Perhaps it wasn't that great of a joke.
I'll try harder next time.
Brian
Hold up, where'd I lose you? I meant the previous owners would freak at seeing their pink bathroom turned into a master suite w/over-sized jacuzzi tub, multi-head shower, double vanity, etc....and the kitchen, and the other bath, and the fireplace, etc.... :D

AirtimeLavey
10-01-2006, 08:35 PM
What condition did the Tahoe come back in?
I gotta learn how to do that multi-quote thing. Anyway, the Tahoe came back clean, and no dings....whew!

wsuwrhr
10-01-2006, 08:39 PM
hit the quote button, takes care of everything
Brian
I gotta learn how to do that multi-quote thing. Anyway, the Tahoe came back clean, and no dings....whew!

AirtimeLavey
10-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Yea that house it a peice of work.
I am concerned about the inspection. I am wishing for good things.
I will need that card to convince the wife the house is a good idea, myself included.
I love the area though and that is a bad thing.
Brian
You're like me, glass half full kinda thinker....you have vision. Ya, that's it. :crossx:

Trailer Park Casanova
10-01-2006, 08:41 PM
The folks I know that let their stuff rot and go to seed are powder users, or wash out boozers,, or both.

AirtimeLavey
10-01-2006, 08:42 PM
I know I know.
As tall as you are, I can't believe that passed over you. Perhaps it wasn't that great of a joke.
I'll try harder next time.
Brian
No worries....(actually, I caught it the first go round ;) )

AirtimeLavey
10-01-2006, 08:43 PM
The folks I know that let their stuff rot and go to seed are powder users, or wash out boozers,, or both.
Yep...

wsuwrhr
10-01-2006, 08:49 PM
You're like me, glass half full kinda thinker....you have vision. Ya, that's it. :crossx:
I can't see that peice of property ever going down in our lifetime. There is just no more dirt being made there, or anywhere else for that matter.
Only a few lots left also.
I am also interested in what the comps are for the house. I need an honest answer for my other bargaining card.
Brian

wsuwrhr
10-01-2006, 08:51 PM
Ding and ding.

wsuwrhr
10-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Boozers were in this pad.
Brian

In2Deep
10-02-2006, 04:02 AM
I recently went through the home shopping process in both LA (SCV, Venice, Santa Monica, Encino areas) and KC (all over). Interesting difference in how sellers prepared for showings.
LA houses we saw ($800K - $1.2MM). Of apx. 20 I walked through. Generally speaking..
70% were in great shape, and showed very well.
10% were in pretty good shape, but sellers didn't try too hard to show well.
20% looked like the seller didn't care about how the house showed. Messy, dirty, trashy.
KC houses we saw ($450K - $800K). Of apx. 80 I walked through, 10 yrs old and newer.
95% were in A+ shape, and showed very well. Much more attention to detail and "staging" than even the nicest LA houses I looked at. Most showed like models. Pride of ownership was over the top.
5% were in pretty good shape.
0% trash.
Bought in KC. House on golf course, 5,400 sq. ft., 7 yrs old. transacted at at least half of what similar property in LA county would sell for.
I2D