PDA

View Full Version : WINDSOR "FULL"?EMPTY SPOTS?!

cap'n chuy
10-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Does Anyone Know Why Windsor Wont Let Any More Boats In Even After Some Have Left And You Can See Empty Parking Spots? We Bought A Year Pass And Have Been Turned Away At Least 3x And Not Even Given The Option Of Waiting For Someone To Leave(you Can See An Open Spot Too But She Wont Let Us In, Just Says "no More Launching Today, We Are Full")

Classic Daycruiser
10-01-2006, 11:10 PM
That place is a mad house on summer weekends

Kilrtoy
10-01-2006, 11:21 PM
I know that this weekend only the north ramp was open ATLEAST WHAT I WAS TOLD, with the lots full and the fact the daylight is now over about six, alot of boats are trying to get off all at the same time....it was to assist in the retrevial of your boat

cap'n chuy
10-01-2006, 11:43 PM
North And South Were Open But They Said Triple Axles Should Go To The North Launch.this Was Between 2:30 And 3 On Sat And We Could See Open Parking Spots And I Would Guess She Saw Some Pepes Leave Or At Least Tell Us We Could Wait Until One Left.

djunkie
10-02-2006, 01:40 AM
Another reason why I NEVER launch at Windsor.

cap'n chuy
10-02-2006, 01:51 AM
dont have a lot of choices.....havasu marina was closed to boats over 24ft, and site 6 we slip, any other places?? we ended up going all the way to cattail. it was okay but so far. havasu marina is pretty nice when the water is up enough.pretty pricey too.

djunkie
10-02-2006, 01:56 AM
dont have a lot of choices.....havasu marina was closed to boats over 24ft, and site 6 we slip, any other places?? we ended up going all the way to cattail. it was okay but so far. havasu marina is pretty nice when the water is up enough.pretty pricey too.
75% of the time I go to the Cattail. I usually stay at that end of the lake so it doesn't bother me. Plus my house is at the south end of town so the drive isn't bad either. The rest of the time I launch at the Marina. My boats small so I don't have a problem.

cap'n chuy
10-02-2006, 02:10 AM
everyone at cattail was super nice and helpful.

Not So Fast
10-02-2006, 06:58 AM
Just wait till next weekend and it will be a real cluster f--k what with the rock infestation crew cause they are going to allow parking in the trailer parking areas with a shuttle to carry people to the overflow. I predict a mess, lets see, there is the Rock Fest, Jet Jam, Motocross and then the swap meet Sunday, oh yeah forgot the Momba regatta (what ever that is). Should be interesting. NSF

phebus
10-02-2006, 07:11 AM
Just wait till next weekend and it will be a real cluster f--k what with the rock infestation crew cause they are going to allow parking in the trailer parking areas with a shuttle to carry people to the overflow. I predict a mess, lets see, there is the Rock Fest, Jet Jam, Motocross and then the swap meet Sunday, oh yeah forgot the Momba regatta (what ever that is). Should be interesting. NSF
I'm staying in my "compound". You have to see my new walls Bobby.

Hardly Satisfied
10-02-2006, 07:22 AM
I had no problem this weekend at Windor. Sorry to hear that other boaters could not go out on the water

Not So Fast
10-02-2006, 07:22 AM
Me too Rick and I want to see your place for sure. If I win the lottery (cause thats what it takes nowadays to build a pool) I want a pool? NSF

Havasu1986
10-02-2006, 07:23 AM
I'm staying in my "compound". You have to see my new walls Bobby.
You inviting me over :crossx:

phebus
10-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Me too Rick and I want to see your place for sure. If I win the lottery (cause thats what it takes nowadays to build a pool) I want a pool? NSF
Our pool was put on an indefinate hold, after all the bids were in. The walls (even though we got a good deal), cost us a small fortune, so we are regrouping, and just going with a spa for now.

phebus
10-02-2006, 07:26 AM
You inviting me over :crossx:
We hould have a Rick Fest at my house :)

shadow
10-02-2006, 07:27 AM
I had no problem this weekend at Windor. Sorry to hear that other boaters could not go out on the water
Ed thats cause noone else knows where Windor is at.
You were the only one. :D
Sorry we missed you we were at the Advantage dealio on Fri night.

TOBTEK
10-02-2006, 07:43 AM
only because I called them and had them let you in.... I've got the BAT phone.

OutCole'd
10-02-2006, 08:00 AM
Our pool was put on an indefinate hold, after all the bids were in. The walls (even though we got a good deal), cost us a small fortune, so we are regrouping, and just going with a spa for now.
Can I come over & pee in your spa?

Bradman
10-02-2006, 09:20 AM
Were did you guys end up going? We went back to the channel and had a nice spot all ready for you. Then we went down to steamboat thinking you might be there. Did you guys end up doing the poker run? Here are some pics I took of the helicopter taking pictures of you guys.
Picture of Hardley Satified and his crew.
http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pc_jqddVOWRkT6M2_MsS8FSYwSOoaPtZyKjVT_r6C8GaUEBI XIxAwPyJSJEkziD5XanLml9_quUtnOEWQ80JlSNxwgRRQ9K68k VQpyWhuY5HGBa5WUM5swZksGkYmZN_UGrN-FJIUukI
Helicopter coming in to take pictures.
http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pc_jqddVOWRkT6M2_MsS8FeO54FzoEhs_u71bfPwkPFTVuSI flGBPaSeghuZDgxCKlQCBui-uWL9sI3shpUv3GxGedV_fCz8j9gnUcqAqNWmRenosKDric_wbm cA4Va4SB1O2Xsc44Jk
http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pc_jqddVOWRkT6M2_MsS8FdD5e1FqVBymNKBy5276rXJ9rhK CUZ0vS5-EiRh9Dh14rFKHzQXv9bDtzLZu-fI3cLpXJduBdJxY2zJ-tXMkHfHGJNkYUEGVlwsygiV-4_2JlsKHPenzx18
http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pc_jqddVOWRkT6M2_MsS8FQ_YWa7Sb6CaF_dfmSjlOrkxeSZ WXUMiFvpwL2O9xvFSDAqZ1R-G2LWBUzp-OWQ7SOsFxswUFhERfDkv9PQS-tWU7mBLmIAeeGdsgEPYnFFAnAfdFY3eiMQ
Advantage Boats taking over the Channel
http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pc_jqddVOWRkT6M2_MsS8FbIxEzzmFYgTb9yK8fqNDrs73Ig aqKDotAjadxbTSizsfSQSiCdoVDcZfOYB5XC437Obzd6wuUVex W8vHg5k1lQN3xoT8HT7Zj1oXuOrP_Rmo3ypLQ3ErXw
That Corona looked really good!
http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pc_jqddVOWRkT6M2_MsS8FYfq-M60nj4hYbgrirlBxrt-afTHiaNF63V71MgxZ-MpJrM0eF2YRRXWZf4rNHefG-l9ZuB4dgkS3lK9r-pUQKA_B76-L6U21xS79T5y_KG-
My Sweatheart enjoying the beautiful weather and enjoying a screwdriver
http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pc_jqddVOWRkT6M2_MsS8FWS_9varohWr57neFE9VoE9LpEx X811q6iPhp-htiHSwEHra-a43Hgr-HxrCjnzGgKznSv5fxQ3xJtohiUxHMJ8Ymf7YaTLI_uk6-C7cZar7_T-u41BFPYQ

djunkie
10-02-2006, 10:13 AM
everyone at cattail was super nice and helpful.
They usually are. The rangers there even give you rides to back and forth from the ramp to your truck.

XTRM22
10-02-2006, 10:29 AM
I was just inside the gates at Windsor on Sat. morning about 10:45 waiting in line when a ranger stopped and told me the south ramp was open and they had just launched a bigger boat then mine so I ran down the left lane and was on the water in 5 minutes. I was a pretty good day, looked like the Advantage regatta was doing a big business!
chuck

riverracerx
10-02-2006, 10:30 AM
I went to Cattail for the first time this weekend too. Nice little ramp. Super friendly people.
Except most of the people launching there didn't have a clue as to what they were doing. So it a took a little while to get on.
Little things get to me. A boat with a driver and a bunch of little kids are coming in to the dock and a guy is standing right there. The boat is coming in a little hot and the guy could have helped out. He just stood there as my wife runs over and catches the boat and helps them tie up (I was on the water in our boat). He must have been a n00b. Common courtesy man, help the guy out.
Great day on the lake though. Stayed in Steamboat most of the day.
Yes, next weekend is going to be a cluster! I am staying home.

Bradman
10-02-2006, 02:22 PM
We launched from Windsor on Saturday and Sunday. Had no problems. Saw one boat hit the rocks near the low land warning bouy. Just nicked both of his props.

Hardly Satisfied
10-03-2006, 11:49 AM
We launched from Windsor on Saturday and Sunday. Had no problems. Saw one boat hit the rocks near the low land warning bouy. Just nicked both of his props.
Mike thanks very nice pics

uvindex
10-03-2006, 11:57 AM
oh yeah forgot the Momba regatta (what ever that is). Should be interesting. NSFThat's Moomba. :) They make wakeboard boats according to their site. (I don't have one, I've just heard of them.) :)