PDA

View Full Version : Question for Hot Boat

burbanite
10-04-2003, 10:25 AM
Is there anyone who is actually employed by Hot Boat willing to tell me exactly why the Miller thread was taken down and by who?
Don't want any heresay from anyone just the truth...

superdave013
10-04-2003, 11:20 AM
I'm not employed by Hot Boat but I can tell you why and who did it.
It was deleted by the guy who's screan name is Hot Boat. He's the web master of this site. He did it only because the big wigs (i.e. guys that sign his check) told him to. Really it's their site and he just maintains it and runs it. He would not have deleted it if he was not told to I'm sure.
In a nut shell Cheryl Miller did not like a link that went to AZ Don's site. Also 565 Edge bashed the Miller boats and she didn't like that. She would hit the report this post button and I was getting the reports and I'm sure ***boat was also. And when we didn't delete it she went up the ladder and talked to the people at the magizine it's self. And that's when ***boat (the webmaster) got the word to delete it.

sanger mike
10-04-2003, 12:07 PM
I have a question for hot boat. how come all the threads for DOSS are not being kept at the top. :mad: Im not to happy about this.

superdave013
10-04-2003, 01:19 PM
sanger mike:
I have a question for hot boat. how come all the threads for DOSS are not being kept at the top. :mad: Im not to happy about this. That question should go to the moderator. Oh, that's no longer me btw.

DansBlown73Nordic
10-04-2003, 02:03 PM
That was one of the best threads ever. burningm

superdave013
10-04-2003, 03:47 PM
Dans66Stevens:
That was one of the best threads ever. burningm Well, I thought the ugly part of the thread sucked. I didn't agree with what 565Edge said but I do feel that people should have the right to speak their mind.
That's why one of the last things I did as a mod was to move all the cool stuff that John Miller and son's are doing to it's own thread. That thread is still on the boards.
But the bottom line is that this site is owned and run by Hot Boat mag and they have the right to do what ever they please. If we don't like it we don't have to come here. I think for the most part the good far far out weighs the bad so I guess I'm sticking around.

Rexone
10-04-2003, 05:09 PM
sanger mike:
I have a question for hot boat. how come all the threads for DOSS are not being kept at the top. :mad: Im not to happy about this. Dossangers PM'ed me asking they be released into the normal thread flow. I am just following his wishes in this case.
SD already answered the first question.
[ October 04, 2003, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Rexone ]

sanger mike
10-04-2003, 07:50 PM
sorry DOSS and REX, I apologice.

burbanite
10-05-2003, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the answer superdave, I was away when it all went down and never did get to the bottom of it.
I agree that the bashing was unnecessary and should have been halted, I don't know that anyone has the right to complain about a link of that nature. The thread itself is potentially one of the most interesting to date, a full resto for us to follow is not something we get to see every day.
I understand Kindsvater Flat is providing server space for the Millers to use.