View Full Version : Need some advice on condensation

1975 WRIEDT MAVRICK
10-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Brought the boat home yesterday and had been sitting for 2 yrs. Oil had some water in it but not excessive. Anyone tell me how to get all the water out without hurting the 468 RAT!!!

Rexone
10-02-2006, 06:26 PM
I'd change the oil and run it. A little condensation is normal around water when the motor cools off in moist air.

Devilman
10-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Run it a bit & change the oil. Be good to go....

centerhill condor
10-03-2006, 04:15 AM
both answers are good answers. you'll want to change the oil after you run it anyway 'cause there will be some gunk and rust broken loose after you heat her up a bit.
I'd pull the plugs and put just a couple of drops of oil in each cylinder as it will be a while before the oil is circulated enough to lube them. Also, I'd turn over the motor while the plugs are out to get the bearings, rockers, etc lubed up for the first firing.
Good luck! and keep us posted

Avenger 1975
10-03-2006, 08:05 PM
If its just a little water you can run the engine to warm it and change the oil as usual. If it looks like more than a little water drain the oil/water without running it first so you don't make a milkshake, you can avoid having to do multiple oil changes to clear the engine.