PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore?

Debbolas
10-03-2006, 03:45 AM
Greetings from California....anyone going to the Natural Foods Show in Baltimore?
:D

Big Boys Toy PE857
10-03-2006, 04:39 AM
Greetings from the Right side. Not going to the food show but in the interest of continuing goodwill between the coasts wanted to respond. Some time ago a small skirmish broke out between the two factions and after lots of pages of redneck jokes and narly W/C references a truce was declared.
Peace, out.

Debbolas
10-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Well if you find yourself in the Baltimore area, feel free to catch us for a drink:D
We are NOT all swingers ;)
Deb<------SUCH a diplomat ;)

Mandelon
10-03-2006, 08:54 PM
East Coast -- West Coast
Deb is like Switzerland..... :cool: Have fun.

Debbolas
10-04-2006, 01:42 PM
East Coast -- West Coast
Deb is like Switzerland..... :cool: Have fun.
Yeah, I'm sooooo neutral and I like money (Like the swiss banks ;))
:clover:
Any ***boaters in Baltimore?
Saw some boats over by the aquarium........ :idea:

LynnsJet
10-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Many of us are Jet Boaters so you will not see us in the inner harbor area. The police and DNR at the inner harbor don't like our exhaust noise and our boats have too little freeboard to allow us to leave them in the water unattended. I am sure you will see some of the Poker Run crowd at the downtown marinas.
I personally love the harbor area. There is always something to see or do there that will excite everyone in your group.
Maryland in general is a boaters paradise. Any and all types of boats and boaters abound here.
Enjoy your stay and be sure to eat some crabs while you are in town. My advice is to stay away from the small and medium size crabs. They are too much work. The large and jumbo crabs are easier to eat and they reward you with a very tasty meal. Be sure to drink a lot of beer with your crabs as it enhances the experience and helps to control the spices in the "Old Bay" seasoning.
L J

Debbolas
10-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks!
Can you recommend a place for crabs?
We have been to Da Mimmo's....Mo's....Charleston.....some Irish bar..Mc something......I can't remember...I was told of a place that you had to call in the am to see if they had crabs for that night...across the bay?
Can you meet with us?
Deb

HammerDown
10-07-2006, 06:03 AM
Thanks!
Can you recommend a place for crabs?
We have been to Da Mimmo's....Mo's....Charleston.....some Irish bar..Mc something......I can't remember...I was told of a place that you had to call in the am to see if they had crabs for that night...across the bay?
Can you meet with us?
Deb
Hi Deb, the Best Place (I go) for killer Md BLue Claw Crabs is (north) of Baltimore in Chesapeak City called (The Tap Room), quaint little Bed and Breakfast town to walk around. If you go, see the owner Joe (older fella) or Connie (watress) and tell him Ray from Philadelphia sent you and you're my friends from the West Coast...he'll give ya the biggest ones he's got. http://www.taproomcrabhouse.com/mouthwatering.htmAlso try the soft-shell Crab and Muscles in either Red or White...yum-yum!
No Credit Cards I believe.
(Recomended) >There's also a place called (Harris Crab House) in Kent Narrows MD right on the water...they have the BEST Crab soup and at times awesome Big Crabs, sorry no personal connections there. I travel 2 hours just for the soup! The Red Eye Tavern is in the same parking lot and a pretty cool place to hang for a bit.
Theres another famous Crab Joint in Rockhall Md...can't recall the name though.
As for right in the Baltimore (Inner Harbor area) I'm sure there are a few places for good crabs...but I'm not to sure about where the "good spots" are so be careful of Tourist Traps! :crossx:
Wish I could meet ya honey, but I'm locked in busy for the next several weekends :(
And any place ya go simply tell'em your from out West and want to experience Marylands finest BIG Blue Claws!
PS. PM Jetmech (Bob)...and ask him where the crab house he and Stan and I went to on the water in Stans Skater was...a bit $$$ but they also had Big Crabs.

DansBlown73Nordic
10-07-2006, 06:55 AM
Some people have crabs they are trying to get RID OF!!!! :2purples: Your trying to find some.... :rolleyes:

LynnsJet
10-09-2006, 09:40 AM
How long are you going to be in town?
Bo Brooks
2701 Boston Street, Baltimore, MD 21224
(410) 558-0202
(410) 558-1102 (fax)
This is "THE" place for crabs in Baltimoe city.
L J

Debbolas
10-11-2006, 12:51 PM
We are at home now :cry:
we had an awesome time, I have a travel blog in the sandbar, if you ever venture over there ;)
we will come out again next year, for the Natual Foods Show at the convention center and then the following year we are going to.........Phillidephia:D That should be fun, we will soak up Philly like a sponge:D