PDA

View Full Version : berryessa ?

flatrookie
10-03-2006, 08:20 AM
I hear a lot of people chating about berryessa so my ? is can you run dry open exhaust (zoomie) headers ? and where is the spot with all of the ladies ?

diggler
10-03-2006, 08:43 AM
I know I've been not allowed to launch from Spanish Flats as I had open OT headers without mufflers. However, you can always launch from the public ramp on the south end without a problem. (I now have mufflers on the boat).

Robbie Racer
10-03-2006, 10:02 AM
I hear a lot of people chating about berryessa so my ? is can you run dry open exhaust (zoomie) headers ? and where is the spot with all of the ladies ?
Run at your own risk. I have been told by LE at Berryessa to put my mufflers on or get a ticket. Others without mufflers have been ticketed while others have gotten away without running mufflers. Good luck!!

abraman1326
10-03-2006, 10:51 AM
I haven't heard of any tickets, but I have heard about getting warnings. AS long as you aren't getting overly anxious on the water, I'm pretty sure they'll leave you alone. Diggler and I cruised by 2 LE's in a no wake zone in May a couple years ago, and they didn't say a word to us. To be completely honest, last time I had talked to my Napa Sheriff friend, they didn't have the decible meters to do exhaust readings yet, so you may be able to fight it if you did get a ticket. But as already suggested, boat at your own risk.
As far as the ladies, the bridge is always a good place, and from what I've heard it still isn't blocked off. I almost guarantee that it will be by next Memorial Day, but for the remainder of this year, it should be ok. The weather will determine how many are out there...
BRA

flatrookie
10-03-2006, 12:30 PM
thanx for all the info guys so where is the best spot to launch? I would like to try to go out while the weather is still some what good so it would be my first time on the lake :)

acatitude
10-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Run at your own risk. I have been told by LE at Berryessa to put my mufflers on or get a ticket. Others without mufflers have been ticketed while others have gotten away without running mufflers. Good luck!!
now you know why I always keep your boat between me and the LE :D :D

LilFlattie
10-03-2006, 05:03 PM
The weekend of the 14th, there will be a flat and a hydro tearing up Puttah Creek. come on up and have some fun.

707dog
10-03-2006, 05:40 PM
The weekend of the 14th, there will be a flat and a hydro tearing up Puttah Creek. come on up and have some fun.
is this the end of the year chin dig @ putah creek??

flatrookie
10-03-2006, 07:01 PM
hey thanx for the invite I have to work sat but may come down sat night but will be their sun so where are you going to launch from ?

LilFlattie
10-04-2006, 01:15 AM
is this the end of the year chin dig @ putah creek??
Yes it is. Can't seem to get any other V-Drives interested. So just two of us slow boats will be there.

LilFlattie
10-04-2006, 01:20 AM
hey thanx for the invite I have to work sat but may come down sat night but will be their sun so where are you going to launch from ?
We will be at Puttah Creek. You can launch from there. We will be there all weekend. Look for a red hydro and a multi colored flat.

flatrookie
10-04-2006, 05:12 AM
We will be at Puttah Creek. You can launch from there. We will be there all weekend. Look for a red hydro and a multi colored flat.
cool thnx see you there :)

abraman1326
10-04-2006, 10:29 AM
I'd suggest launching from Cappell Cove (Free Launch) as I'm not too sure how the resorts will feel about launching the boat w/ zoomies in their waters, although, this is the slow season, so they probably just want to revenue. Talk to tyhe V Drive guys and see if any of them w/ zoomies have had any problems @ Putah Creek launching.
Also, a group of us will be at Steele Park this weekend playing all weekend, so if your interested, come on up. We'll have them all, High performance racers, Day cruisers both jet's and v drives, Grocery Getters, V Hull cruisers, all you could want. Come by and say hello...
BRA

flatrookie
10-04-2006, 10:51 AM
I'd suggest launching from Cappell Cove (Free Launch) as I'm not too sure how the resorts will feel about launching the boat w/ zoomies in their waters, although, this is the slow season, so they probably just want to revenue. Talk to tyhe V Drive guys and see if any of them w/ zoomies have had any problems @ Putah Creek launching.
Also, a group of us will be at Steele Park this weekend playing all weekend, so if your interested, come on up. We'll have them all, High performance racers, Day cruisers both jet's and v drives, Grocery Getters, V Hull cruisers, all you could want. Come by and say hello...
BRA hey thnx for the invite and info but I will not be able to make it

HCS
10-05-2006, 02:58 PM
hey thnx for the invite and info but I will not be able to make it
Did I see you and your boat in the Roseville Automall by the Honda dealer?
A couple weeks back??

acatitude
10-05-2006, 07:47 PM
BRA
grocery getters???? theres more then 1???? I thought my lil mule was the only grocery getter around :cool: :cool:

flatrookie
10-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Did I see you and your boat in the Roseville Automall by the Honda dealer?
A couple weeks back??
ya bro that is my boat :rollside:

HCS
10-06-2006, 09:09 AM
ya bro that is my boat :rollside:
Thought so. I was sleeping in my car out by the gas pumps when you fired that baby up.
I knew that was was no rice burner. :D Had to get up and see what it was.
Nice ride!!!

Dave C
10-06-2006, 09:21 AM
go to putah creek.. that is where all the low freeboard guys launch. Its close to the bridge. then you can go into the north cove and get some decent water to make a pass.
Be careful around the sheriff. They do enforce the noise ordinance, ESPECIALLY if they are having a bad f-ing day. LOL

HCS
10-06-2006, 09:47 AM
go to putah creek.. that is where all the low freeboard guys launch. Its close to the bridge. then you can go into the north cove and get some decent water to make a pass.
Be careful around the sheriff. They do enforce the noise ordinance, ESPECIALLY if they are having a bad f-ing day. LOL
He's definately running loud. Zoommies.

Dave C
10-06-2006, 09:52 AM
then the trick is to "make a run for it" while the sheriff is tied up to a drunken rollbar boat with 25 people in it, while he is giving them a DUI and/or a ticket for having only two life vests. :rollside: :rollside:
He's definately running loud. Zoommies.

HCS
10-06-2006, 10:01 AM
then the trick is to "make a run for it" while the sheriff is tied up to a drunken rollbar boat with 25 people in it, while he is giving them a DUI and/or a ticket for having only two life vests. :rollside: :rollside:
LOL. He could run it right up the arm into the 5mph zone. :rollside:

Dave C
10-06-2006, 10:10 AM
either way make sure he waits for the drunken 21 year old idiots to give him the green light by keeping the sheriff "occupied" .... Don't red light otherwise :mad: big trouble
LOL. He could run it right up the arm into the 5mph zone. :rollside:

flatrookie
10-06-2006, 06:18 PM
hey thnx guys for all the info I will try that launch. so if I am just cruising they wont mess with me ? at idle it is still pretty loud

acatitude
10-06-2006, 07:21 PM
just remember at berryessa the le also ride jet skis

HCS
10-07-2006, 08:24 AM
hey thnx guys for all the info I will try that launch. so if I am just cruising they wont mess with me ? at idle it is still pretty loud
I'm sure it's mandatory mufflers.

flatrookie
10-07-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm sure it's mandatory mufflers.
damm that sucks

HCS
10-08-2006, 08:10 AM
damm that sucks
It does.
You can always run on the upper parts of the Sacramento River.

flatrookie
10-08-2006, 08:18 AM
It does.
You can always run on the upper parts of the Sacramento River.
o ya what part from and up because I live very close to reigo and 99 it is no problem to get to I think the name of the marina is verona ?

707dog
10-08-2006, 08:08 PM
berryessa is my play ground and usually after labor day weekend le's are a rare sighting!! cant promise ya, but i personaly havnt seen one since the last holiday only fish n game..in the all mighty words....GO FOR IT!!!

flatrookie
10-09-2006, 08:38 AM
berryessa is my play ground and usually after labor day weekend le's are a rare sighting!! cant promise ya, but i personaly havnt seen one since the last holiday only fish n game..in the all mighty words....GO FOR IT!!!
cool thnx bro sounds good I was thinking about not even going just because of the risk of a ticket but you just made me feel a lot better see you guts out there

HCS
10-09-2006, 11:08 AM
It's more popular for flatties and hydro's to launch at Knights Landing and head up river. There's just less people.
Ya after Labor Day most of the river cops are pretty much gone also.

707dog
10-09-2006, 11:18 AM
is this weekend still a go ?? @ putah creek...