PDA

View Full Version : Place Diverter tech help

jag2
10-03-2006, 05:27 PM
I picked up a used Place Diverter with manual control that im setting up and have a few questions/concerns.
The tub is an all stock 91 Carrera Eclipse 20' with a 12jg pump.
1: Is the nozzel housing that bolts to the bowl the same with a standard nozzel and a Place diverter? With the stock housing the diverter seems to angle down much further then it can angle up, is this normal? The number on the side of the flange housing is L5026.
2: Is there particuar verticle steering pins I should use with the Place? The stock upper verticle pin had square keyway notches but no threaded holes and the place diverter upper hole is not threaded either. I was able to modify the stockers to work but id like to get the right ones.
3: Place's website doesnt list any parts, who would carry the pins and different cable brackets and such for it?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

CARLSON-JET
10-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Place is still in bus. and they are very helpful, give them a call. R.B.

Oldsquirt
10-03-2006, 06:16 PM
1.) Should move the same up and down. Are you checking this with cable connected, and if so, have you tried it without the cable hooked up?
2 & 3.) Place has all the correct parts. They are great to deal with and will ship your parts the day you order them. You'll have them in your hands 1-2 days.

jag2
10-03-2006, 10:07 PM
1.) Should move the same up and down. Are you checking this with cable connected, and if so, have you tried it without the cable hooked up?
2 & 3.) Place has all the correct parts. They are great to deal with and will ship your parts the day you order them. You'll have them in your hands 1-2 days.
Ill try to get a picture of full up and full down tommarrow. The cable isnt effecting the range of motion, Ive got it adjusted at the diverter and the controller and it goes through the full range of motion up and down but from level it angles down much further then up, but I just realised with the boat on the trailer its sitting different then in the water so level on the diverter will be angled down more when the boat is floating. Actually I think I have the prop wheel jacked all the way up also now that I think about it. Maybe thats all my problem is.
Guess Ill give Place a ring tommarow and see what they say.
Edit: After researching and studying pictures tonight it looks like I have a diverter for a 12JE pump. It has the lower steering bracketry and is missing the tab for the upper steering attachment. Strange though, it also has a standard model reverse cable bracket and bucket.