PDA

View Full Version : Family Budgets: Who never dines out?

Trailer Park Casanova
10-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Have a young friend Walter that I work with.
Absolute genius with complex controls. Really smart, great personality,, easy going.
We stole him from Honeywell by doubling his pay + golden lifetime benefits.
He turns down overtime.
Has a warm attractive wife that has never worked. Raising three small kids.
They own a nice home in Pasadena, they restore old cars & trucks with excellent work and keep them,, love their flatbottom big blox boat.
They have a good savings, new Suburban,, no debt beyond the house payment.
Gotta be rare for a family under the age of 30 to pull off these days. Or maybe rare for anyone to do. Or is it?
I imagine some on HB do the same.
Walter says they never dine out and that's a huge part of managing a family budget.. If ya add it up,, it's easily a major expense.
I took the kids to Benihana over the weekend and it was a shade over a hundred bux, no bar tab. The kids don't like to eat out, they love the cool food we prepair here at home and on the road.
Who out there never spends money on dining out? What other expenses do you avoid?

blown dough
10-03-2006, 07:43 PM
sorry can't help you we sometimes eat out 4 times a week, then there are weeks I cook all week and we eat out maybe twice.

riverroyal
10-03-2006, 07:45 PM
is common for us,sometimes its 25$,sometimes 60$.Tough habit to break.But working til 7 then making a mess til 9,then getting up at 6,blah blah

lewiville
10-03-2006, 07:48 PM
do there kids play sports?
dinning out comes in handy when your getting home at 7 or 8. I have three kids and that means three pratices a week and two or three soccer games every saturday.

voodoomedman
10-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Absolute genius with complex controls. Really smart, great personality,, easy going.
He turns down overtime.
They own a nice home in Pasadena, they restore old cars & trucks with excellent work and keep them,, love their flatbottom big blox boat.
Gotta be rare for a family under the age of 30 to pull off these days. Or maybe rare for anyone to do. Or is it?
Walter says they never dine out and that's a huge part of managing a family budget.. If ya add it up,, it's easily a major expense.
I took the kids to Benihana over the weekend and it was a shade over a hundred bux, no bar tab. The kids don't like to eat out, they love the cool food we prepair here at home and on the road.
Who out there never spends money on dining out? What other expenses do you avoid?
It is rare but it happens. We are 27 and doing just fine. I won't go into detail into what I have but the only debt besides the mortgages is the school loans. But eating out is a special occasion and we actually usually have gift cards or something to use. When we first were starting out and didn't have a whole lot after paying the mortgage and bills the we really didn't do much eating out and going to the movies and such. We saved all that money and had plenty of river trips. A night out to a restaurant and the movies was a whole weekend at the river.

slowinhavasu
10-03-2006, 07:53 PM
It's rare, cuts into the beer fund....besides gonna need to poor a slab down one side of the single wide..... :rollside:

blown dough
10-03-2006, 07:54 PM
wifey hates to cook :cry: and i love to cook so,we eat out or i cook,but when i cook ,I COOK BIG,bbq,catfish dinners,big soups,shrimp boils :cool: with wine,bread,i eat alone or she sometimes eats something else(micoed),some times i call a freind over to eat or the kids come over
If my husband was to cook it would be lucky charms for dinner.

JetBoatRich
10-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Between lunch and dinner dining out :mad: probably done way to much :rolleyes:

blown dough
10-03-2006, 08:20 PM
nope full dinner,i can cook anything and cook a 30-40 people+ and have a killer time in the middle of no where,i love it :cool: i wish she did
You rock!!!!!!!

DEEZ NUTTS
10-03-2006, 08:20 PM
nope full dinner,i can cook anything and cook a 30-40 people+ and have a killer time in the middle of no where,i love it :cool: i wish she did
Hey! I've eaten there before. It was good

Mandelon
10-03-2006, 08:25 PM
I'd say 3 x a month. Sometimes Rubios, $20.00. Sometimes sushi bar... $80, once in awhile something better. Its tough with the kids. They all want the $6.00 hamburger and take three bites.... :mad:

Run_em_Hard
10-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Another young person here...the only way I am able to have what I have is by not doing the little things like going out to eat. I would much rather sit home and make something and save 20 bucks. It might not be alot but it adds up. But what do I know, I am still "wet behind the ears"?

blown dough
10-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Another young person here...the only way I am able to have what I have is by not doing the little things like going out to eat. I would much rather sit home and make something and save 20 bucks. It might not be alot but it adds up. But what do I know, I am still "wet behind the ears"?
You do what you have to do

C-2
10-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Go to Stater Bros and watch the meat counter for a while; you'll see immigrant Mexican families buying the best meats, with no problem dropping $50 for a few good cuts of meat. On the other hand, you see the white guy trolling for a good price on round steak (does putting it thru the meat tenderizer costs more, he asks?).
Ever been to Ports O Call/San Pedro and seen how people eat? Again, Mexican families have a platter filled with shrimp, crabs and Mexican beer. Then you see the same white guy with fish and chips, a churro, a super tanker for the family, and maybe, just maybe a Corona.
My point?
No point, just an observation.
I guess people place different values on food. :rollside:
--
I love a great dinner out and don't mind paying for it. But at the same time, I can also cook better than a lot of places, so we usually leave a restaurant dissapointed.
Excepting, of course, Sushi. Have to take an equity loan if you wanna do that at home.

Tom Brown
10-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Excepting, of course, Sushi. Have to take an equity loan if you wanna do that at home.
Sushi is very easy to make. A friend of mine showed me how to do it and I've saved a ton of dough on sushi. Vietnamese fresh rolls are easy to make too. They go well with sushi.
The key to making a nori roll (or any japanese rice based dumpling) is knowing how much wine vineger and honey to add to the rice. From there, just spread the rice on the nori wrapper, some filling like salmon, avacado, carrot, chicken, cucumber, whatever.... and roll.
Add a little water to some wasabi powder.... some soya... and you're eatin' good. :cool:

HighRoller
10-04-2006, 02:18 AM
Heck, Walter's just living like people used to according to common sense. His lifestyle isn't long on sex appeal, but he'll end up a wealthy man in the end because he's doing what millionaires do; Live on less than you make, drive a used car with no payment, pay cash for stuff and put the rest in the bank.

Jbb
10-04-2006, 02:45 AM
Not to mention......cleanliness....
I was pretty shocked a while back when the local news channel did an investigative report on a bunch of restaurants here.Pretty eye opening results for some pretty pricey places to eat.... :jawdrop:
side note...they covered the fast food places too....in every case in this report.....Subway's score was 100%
At least at home.....you know the food prep ....is clean.....
....Oh....and Brown......wasn't an overdose of Wasabi traced to that violent colon explosion of your's a few years back?.... :p

Trailer Park Casanova
10-04-2006, 03:32 AM
Go to Stater Bros and watch the meat counter for a while; you'll see immigrant Mexican families buying the best meats, with no problem dropping $50 for a few good cuts of meat. On the other hand, you see the white guy trolling for a good price on round steak (does putting it thru the meat tenderizer costs more, he asks?).
Ever been to Ports O Call/San Pedro and seen how people eat? Again, Mexican families have a platter filled with shrimp, crabs and Mexican beer. Then you see the same white guy with fish and chips, a churro, a super tanker for the family, and maybe, just maybe a Corona.
My point?
--
I love a great dinner out and don't mind paying for it. But at the same time, I can also cook better than a lot of places, so we usually leave a restaurant dissapointed.
Good takes.
At the dunes in our RV, We prepair some pretty good meals.
Fillet Mignon roasts, orange chicken, Crock pot roast ect.
The other white families live for a week on hot dogs.
That big, nice kitchen in their RV's and they nuke Ball Park franks everyday.
And they make good money, it's not a budget issue there.
Our Phillipino and Mexican friends all have roasts, marinated chicken, egg rolls
Much more fun eating in the RV

JetBoatRich
10-04-2006, 03:46 AM
we have a sports bar and grill we like, usually there 1-2 times a week. Excellent Hot Wings and cold beer :cool: they treat us great, know us well and friendly atmosphere :cool: problem is I usually drop $20-$60 there each time :yuk:

andy01
10-04-2006, 03:52 AM
We eat out no joke 7 nights a week. We never cook, maybe one meal a month. Otherwise it is 20-120 for dinner every night, oh and we eat out for lunch most days to. My wife doesn't go to the store but maybe once or twice a month.............. and I won't do it so we eat out. My mom cooked every night when I lived at home, man that was nice. I once had my stove disconnected for a month, my wife didn't even know it.
I offered to get rid of the kitchen and make it another office in the house
Andy

Trailer Park Casanova
10-04-2006, 03:56 AM
we have a sports bar and grill we like, usually there 1-2 times a week. Excellent Hot Wings and cold beer :cool: they treat us great, know us well and friendly atmosphere :cool: problem is I usually drop $20-$60 there each time :yuk:
That sounds good Rich, next time it'll be on Alice and I.

JetBoatRich
10-04-2006, 03:59 AM
That sounds good Rich, next time it'll be on Alice and I.
Ready when you are :cool:
They opened a second on in Rosamond :rolleyes: we it that one after riding or boating :cool:

RitcheyRch
10-04-2006, 04:56 AM
Very rarely do we eat out. Only have a mortgage payment, utilities and boat storage. All my cars and the boat are free and clear.

HEDJUG
10-04-2006, 06:10 AM
Trailer,
I am a younger (33) control systems engineer with 2 kids & a stay at home wifey. Like your co-worker, we don't go out to eat all that often. It's not really in the buget with wifey not working. We have two boats paid off, a 26' old timer fishing/weekender & a new 18' ski boat. We manage to be on the water 2-3 times a week for 8 months of the year & have plenty of party time. But, $50-60++ for dinner a few times a month just wont fit. Plus, I can cook a better meal on the boat's grill than most resturants & the beer is cheaper.

sorry dog
10-04-2006, 06:21 AM
In the past I would go out to eat more, but wifey doesn't cook often so it's usually up to me. If I got home late from work then it was take out or something out of the freezer. If I has some time and planned it earlier then I might have bought a whole filet for $60 and put 12 mignons in the freezer. The meal still costs $15 but still cheaper except for crap food. However, sometimes cooking at home can be pricey too. If you want fresh salmon, tuna, scallops(and don't live on the beach) then $20+ would be my average tab.
These days it's a hassle to go anywhere with a 1 year old, so we stay home more often. Usually go for birthdays which is probably once or twice a month.
I guess it has to do with lifestyle issues...if both parents work late/ don't like cooking or messes then usually convience prevails...part of the trade off.

a catered life
10-04-2006, 06:25 AM
i'm a cook and the wifey is also a good cook and we operate on a house budget also...we also have the same set up as your co worker no bills except for a few credit cards and the house (of course) our budget is mainly set up with one thought in mind "we dont do anything big unless we can afford it" so we pay cash for most of our things...this keeps our longrange budget on a straight line.....but also in our budget is what we call play money :p and its mainly used for dinner out, weekends at havi, camping trips, etc...if we dont use it we roll it over which helps on 3 day weekends :p
life is full of excitement and if you spend your time in one place (home) life might pass you by....i see it like this..going out to dinner helps keep us up to date with current trends and visiting our friends without the clean up at home...........i kinda worry about your friend :rolleyes: because i had a friend like that and when his wife started going out she found out how much stuff she was missing and within a year she divorced his ass and moved on :cool:

Sleek-Jet
10-04-2006, 06:28 AM
Maybe for a family of 4, but if you're just cooking for one or two people, it's a draw on saving money by eating in or dinning out.
I just dropped a C note on groceries that will last about a week... I pay cash/debit when I go out to restaurants and only eat one large meal a day, the tab is usually around 12.00 or so without the tip... it's pretty much a draw.
I do eat better when I cook at home though... last night had a some fantastic roasted chicken thighs w/ sweet potatoes and carrots with a nice fresh salad and a couple brews on the side. Way better than a Asada Burrito at the mexican food place.
So on my budget, it's about convenience more so than saving money.

IMPATIENT 1
10-04-2006, 06:32 AM
He turns down overtime.
we don't eat out much. i try and save as much dough as i can during the winter months to pay for hobbies and summer fun. plus, i live in a town of @5k people and i'm wore out on all the resturants here.

ChumpChange
10-04-2006, 06:47 AM
The wife and I eat out maybe once or twice a month, generally on a gift card. We still have gift cards from last Christmas since we don't go out that often. We don't operate on a budget, don't really need to since we have never been the type to buy the small things in life, just the big things like houses, boats, cars. Wife cooks a great meal each night for dinner. I have the best wife.
The only place we really eat out is in Havasu. Back when we had the house, we even cooked meals there though except for the one night we would go to El Mariachi, the cheapest Mexican food in town.
My mom told me some great advice that has saved me a ton of money. "If you want to buy something, wait three days and see if you go back to buy it". Generally, I won't go back.

a catered life
10-04-2006, 06:56 AM
My mom told me some great advice that has saved me a ton of money. "If you want to buy something, wait three days and see if you go back to buy it". Generally, I won't go back.
i like that :p

Froggystyle
10-04-2006, 08:12 AM
His lifestyle isn't long on sex appeal, but he'll end up a wealthy man in the end because he's doing what millionaires do; Live on less than you make, drive a used car with no payment, pay cash for stuff and put the rest in the bank.
Except, that he will end up a wealthy man, and I already am. I have a blast with my wife, I drive a car I want to drive (paying for it every month), have a boat I technically can't afford, a motorhome etc... I am 34 and living every single day. We eat out nearly every night which in neccessary when you work as hard as both of us do to afford the things that make the time away from work awesome.
I know lots and lots of older wealthy folks. Every single one has advised me to spend it while you have it and can use it. Not one of those 60+ year olds is planning a week-long downed airplane trip with their wives in a Rhino. Physically, they are way past being able to do it comfortably.
I will take living beyond my means (with a bailout plan) every time over living conservatively, prudently and saving for the future.
I have a couple of great friends who all say that the best day of their lives was the day they started spending.

andy01
10-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Except, that he will end up a wealthy man, and I already am. I have a blast with my wife, I drive a car I want to drive (paying for it every month), have a boat I technically can't afford, a motorhome etc... I am 34 and living every single day. We eat out nearly every night which in neccessary when you work as hard as both of us do to afford the things that make the time away from work awesome.
I know lots and lots of older wealthy folks. Every single one has advised me to spend it while you have it and can use it. Not one of those 60+ year olds is planning a week-long downed airplane trip with their wives in a Rhino. Physically, they are way past being able to do it comfortably.
I will take living beyond my means (with a bailout plan) every time over living conservatively, prudently and saving for the future.
I have a couple of great friends who all say that the best day of their lives was the day they started spending.
For the first time ever on Hot Boat I agree with you and this post.......
Live life today, if I died tomorrow I wouldn't think "I never did this or never bought that" I do what ever I can to own what ever it is I want that week. And do have a plan if things go bad. sale sale sale. All of the older folks I know say the samething "I wish I had ________ when I was younger, enjoy it while you can"
Andy

andy01
10-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Oh yeah one more thing, I would rather die even in life then leave a million.....

squirt'nmyload
10-04-2006, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=Froggystyle
.[/QUOTE]
i agree totally!!!!!

squirt'nmyload
10-04-2006, 10:05 AM
i agree totally!!!!!

Flyinbowtie
10-04-2006, 10:18 AM
We very rarely eat out. We didn't when the boys were young, and don't now that they are not. Everytime we do, we say we should do it more often, but don't. No real good reason why. Money is always a good reason, though.
I'm a 48 year old rookie when it comes to cooking. I started to learn to do a bit-o-BBQ'ing in a barrel last summer, and enjoy it. I would like to find a decent cook book written for men to read and understand. The one's my wife has are incomprehensible to me. She has tried to show me a few of her recipes, but she does everything without a freakin' measuring item of any sort. When it comes to stuff I don't understand, I am too anal to work that way. Give me measurment's and specific directions, and I'll follow them.
I need to get better at this, with her working and me at home I'd really like to help out a bit more.
I also agree with Froggy's thoughts.
I never met anybody who was battling a terminal illness that wished they had saved more and done less.

Her454
10-04-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm a 48 year old rookie when it comes to cooking. I started to learn to do a bit-o-BBQ'ing in a barrel last summer, and enjoy it.
LOL, I figured I would teach you the eazy way first as not to scare ya off from cookin in your retirement........................ :rollside: :rollside:

superdave013
10-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Would you care to explain how you earned all that wealth?
I'm not baggin on ya by any means. But I don't think that Trident has paid off big yet and would like to know how a guy pulled it off. I'd also like to hear about your bailout plan (if you care to share of course).
The wealthist person I know is my father. His plan is very different then yours. Hey, yours sounds fun that's why I have an intrest. :)

ratso
10-04-2006, 10:36 AM
I set aside about 500 a week, for eating out and partying.

HEDJUG
10-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Having stuff is not wealth. You can have all of the toys in the world & still not live a good life.
Lemme ask this. Is having stuff more important than having wifie stay home with the kids?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Wow Froggysizzle,
I have to confess, I agree with your logic on this one.... My game plan is to leave no debts but go out broke. :)
Why save a million bucks for the "so called" golden years, where your time is dominated by doctor visits, friends funerals and the necessary long naps from walking out to the mailbox each day?
Nobody gets out alive!!! Enjoy life while you still have your health! And get off the booze you alcoholics!! Lol :)

Biglue
10-04-2006, 10:53 AM
My point?
--
Interesting that you observe this. My folks are from the old school immigrant mentality like you observed. One of their philosophies is eat good. Moms would buy meats at a local carniceria and cook all week long. Saturdays and Sundays we may have eaten out. But cooking at home was usually the norm at my parents house. Today at my house we're eating out 3-4 times a week. It's a whole different discipline my folks had for that. It really adds up quick too. For us to eat out with 3 kids the bill can be between $25 to $60 depending on what where we eat. Multiply that by 3x a week 4x a month.
We're looking at $350 to $720 a month........damn does that sound right compared to what others are doing?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Having stuff is not wealth. You can have all of the toys in the world & still not live a good life.
Lemme ask this. Is having stuff more important than having wifie stay home with the kids?
Money's only everything when you have none. Without your health, you truely have nothing.
Those rockstars, actors and athletes who killed themselves from depression will never earn my sympathy.

C-2
10-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Who doesn't want to live life, every day, to it's fullest?
But throw children in that equation ("Family Budget") and your values change quickly. I want the very best for my daughter and will sacrifice my own life/lifestyle to ensure she is taken care of. If that means cruising the lake in my 21' instead of a Fountain - then I'm down with that and happy too.
We were DINKS for many years, and now are priorities have completely changed.
----------
Since we're on the topic of budgets - we changed out to Energy Efficient appliances last year.....and this past summer, we saved about $150month. I couldn't believe it....and it only takes a fraction of time to do the wash with our mega load washer/dryer. :rollside: :rollside:

jbtrailerjim
10-04-2006, 11:40 AM
We seldom eat out anymore. We have two small children and it is a pain in the ass to take them out to eat with us. Most restaurants have long waits and I hate to be rushed when I eat out at a sitdown type restaurant. My kids on the other hand get bored after they have sit there for about half hour and thats not counting the 25-30 minute wait before we sat down. Then I find myself just wanting to woof my food down so I can get out of there. Going out to eat all of the time adds up real quick. You can't get out of a decent restaurant for less than $50 anymore.
I'm not exactly a good cook but I do bar-b-que quite a bit. I'm very thankful though that I have a wife that cooks most nights. She'll pick up something maybe once or twice a week for us but I'm fine with that beings she works full time. If she didn't cook or have any desire to try and learn, I would have never married her. Eating out several nights a week is expensive, and not very healthy. Plus I feel kids need good home cooked meals and not fast food crap all of the time.

ChumpChange
10-04-2006, 11:44 AM
It really adds up quick too. For us to eat out with 3 kids the bill can be between $25 to $60 depending on what where we eat. Multiply that by 3x a week 4x a month.
We're looking at $350 to $720 a month........damn does that sound right compared to what others are doing?
So by eating in you would be able to buy a new set of chrome fenders within a month. :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-04-2006, 11:46 AM
I don't even want to think about how much we spend on eating out. Sometimes its 4 times a week, sometimes once....depends on if I feel like cooking or not. I LOVE to cook but sometimes during the week, I am just beat.
Now, cooking in the RV while out riding, one of my most favorite things to do. I pull off some fantastic feasts while camping. I bring hotdogs, but they are for my dogs. :rollside:
Me and the hubby just had the discussion a week or two ago, about enjoying life for today. Whats the point of having money if you don't enjoy yourself. We have toys and we enjoy life. It works for us. :rollside:

Nautitwins2
10-04-2006, 11:48 AM
He turns down overtime.
After writing my first post I decided to change it.
Read the "Richest man in Babylon" The End!!

Her454
10-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Money's only everything when you have none. Without your health, you truely have nothing.
Those rockstars, actors and athletes who killed themselves from depression will never earn my sympathy.
That has to be the smartest thing I've ever read on ***boat..........

Jordy
10-04-2006, 12:04 PM
That has to be the smartest thing I've ever read on ***boat..........
There isn't much competition though. The Smartest Things I've Read On ***boat was a very short thread. :D :D :D

Jbb
10-04-2006, 12:06 PM
There isn't much competition though. The Smartest Things I've Read On ***boat was a very short thread. :D :D :D
Traci said you were ...relentless...

ratso
10-04-2006, 12:45 PM
...until the kids are in school, the wife gets bored, and she gets something on the side banging her into next week... :idea: :D

superdave013
10-04-2006, 12:55 PM
well I hope at least some of you guys that are living for today remember to save for tomorrow. Yeah, die broke is a great plan..... Right up until you live a lil longer then expected and your broke azz becomes a burden to your kids.
Trust me on this one as my inlaws don't have a pot to piss in or their own window to toss it out of.
Now I'm not saying don't have any fun.
My plan: I pay myself first. After I stash that then I can blow the rest if I want to.

MKEELINE
10-04-2006, 01:12 PM
I drop all my extra coin on braided hose and fittings. :)

unleashed
10-04-2006, 01:20 PM
I spend about 2500 a month eating out.....now if I can just give up drinking when dining out Im sure my bill would drop to about 1200.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Froggystyle
10-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Would you care to explain how you earned all that wealth?
I'm not baggin on ya by any means. But I don't think that Trident has paid off big yet and would like to know how a guy pulled it off. I'd also like to hear about your bailout plan (if you care to share of course).
The wealthist person I know is my father. His plan is very different then yours. Hey, yours sounds fun that's why I have an intrest. :)
I consider "wealthy" the way I live, not my bank account. I have gained my wealth by taking a lot of chances in my life, working very, very hard and listening closely to others. My wife has a great job, which keeps the rubber side down every month while I go and build our dream, which is independant financial security. Knowing a lot of people who have seen you consistantly do what you say you are going to do that have a lot of money doesn't hurt either. I spent years on a great business plan that was well conceived and pretty well stuck to, and work hard every day at seeing it come to fruition. I married a woman who has stuck by me 110% because of the same reason... I accomplish what I set out to do.
I work hard, I spend all of my money. My wife does a great job of managing what we have so I have the freedom to do the most with it. I have only taken a loss on a purchase a handfull of times, and all of those have been on new vehicles.
Wealth is relative. I am broke better than most people are rich.
well I hope at least some of you guys that are living for today remember to save for tomorrow. Yeah, die broke is a great plan..... Right up until you live a lil longer then expected and your broke azz becomes a burden to your kids.
Trust me on this one as my inlaws don't have a pot to piss in or their own window to toss it out of.
Now I'm not saying don't have any fun.
My plan: I pay myself first. After I stash that then I can blow the rest if I want to.
My parents have leveraged everything they have into our company. They know what this will be in the long run and have bet it all. No amount of saved money was safe from me. I can't imagine a better legacy...
Instead of thinking of as burdening your kids... why don't you consider investing everything you have into them, knowing that their success will care for you in your old age. Or even better, raising kids that care about you at all in your "golden years"
I can promise you this... after the opportunities my parents have given me over the years, they won't feel the slightest tinge of reluctance to let me pay their mortgages and send them on trips. I have every intention of paying my father, my partner, dime for dime on everything I make from here on out. And I hope I am paying him to be the CEO while he is playing guitar on a beach in Hawaii.

chub
10-04-2006, 04:48 PM
I spend about 2500 a month eating out.....now if I can just give up drinking when dining out Im sure my bill would drop to about 1200.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:
DING! I don't spend that much but I could cut it in half as well. Let's not even start on breakfast on the weekends at home. :crossx: :crossx:

Havasu1986
10-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Just got back from T.G.I.Fridays. A nice steak and 3 beers. $25 w/ tip. No clean up 1 hr.

Red Horse
10-04-2006, 07:13 PM
We are DINKS.
Wife is a GS and I am in the military.
We dont spend with reckless abandon, unless on vacation but do pay ourselves first. I am saving for my retirement so I can retire EARLY, be on my boat somewhere in the Bahamas and can only be reached on my sat phone. :cool: I intend to die about the same time I run out of money. Luck willing, my wife and I will die at the same time on the boat, no money to put gas in it to get back home. :cool:

Dan Lorenze
10-04-2006, 07:37 PM
We eat out 2 to 3 times a week.. Once a week we'll go big and have a good time... TPC, we like Blue Fin in Simi... :)