PDA

View Full Version : Current Az Boat And Use Tax?

FASTERDAMITT
01-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Anyone have the scoop on what the current boat tax rate and use taxes are in Arizona for 2006? I'm registered with the coast guard but Calif wants me to show proof of taxes paid in another state since I reside here.

TCHB
01-17-2006, 07:06 PM
My boats have been Reg in Arizona with no tax just a fee. This year there is a big jump in non resident.

Lavey29
01-17-2006, 07:41 PM
I just paid $292 to register a 30' boat as non resident,,,also had to pay like 5.5% sales tax on purchase price to AZ,,,was told there is no use tax depending on where you primarily use boat,,,the girl at the AZ office was real helpful on the phone,,,she put me I think in Mojave for use with no other tax,,havasu had additional tax,,,I can find her name and number up there if you want it...

FASTERDAMITT
01-17-2006, 08:51 PM
I just paid $292 to register a 30' boat as non resident,,,also had to pay like 5.5% sales tax on purchase price to AZ,,,was told there is no use tax depending on where you primarily use boat,,,the girl at the AZ office was real helpful on the phone,,,she put me I think in Mojave for use with no other tax,,havasu had additional tax,,,I can find her name and number up there if you want it...
Thanks, just lookin for info from you all for now.
[QUOTE=My boats have been Reg in Arizona with no tax just a fee. This year there is a big jump in non resident.]
The good ol days! Do I need a address and driver license for a resident status? Maybe I need utility bills as proof?

Bradf
01-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Ouch, yea the jump in Reg. prices for non-resident in AZ is Fing crazy. Pisses me off. :mad: :mad: