PDA

View Full Version : Weekend launching

phebus
10-04-2006, 06:40 AM
With the Marina being closed for launching anything over 24', and with Windsor having Rockfest this weekend, it should be a cluster f*ck for people getting on the water. Cattail will be the place, but you'd better get ther early. Those with places with launch facilities on the island have it made.

shadow
10-04-2006, 06:43 AM
With the Marina being closed for launching anything over 24', and with Windsor having Rockfest this weekend, it should be a cluster f*ck for people getting on the water. Cattail will be the place, but you'd better get ther early. Those with places with launch facilities on the island have it made.
yep. :)

Warlockjer
10-04-2006, 06:47 AM
Windsor has been a cluster F#$& the past few weekends and that is with nothing really going on......Site 6 should be a ball this weekend :) :)

JetBoatRich
10-04-2006, 07:08 AM
A CONCERN FOR US AS WELL :mad:

MrsSigEpMock
10-04-2006, 07:15 AM
SSSSSHHHHHH........ don't announce it!!! J/K we launched from there the weekend of the RRX - 9/24 because of the traffic going into windsor, It was nice, no wait. and a wonderful HBer helped me back in the trailer against the fence so I would mow it down. Only bad was Cudmore was there too! Just Kidding Dan :p
<----- On fire this morning: Watch out Chris, here comes the bus!!! :argue:

Throttle
10-04-2006, 07:31 AM
rick, what were you thinkin lettin out this info... delete this quik!

ChumpChange
10-04-2006, 07:41 AM
Anybody use the Crazyhorse ramp lately? I will be staying there this weekend so will have access. Probably too shallow to launch the boat even when the water is up. Any info would be appreciated.

Hardly Satisfied
10-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Windsor has been a cluster F#$& the past few weekends and that is with nothing really going on......Site 6 should be a ball this weekend :) :)
have fun everyone

Not So Fast
10-04-2006, 07:48 AM
rick, what were you thinkin lettin out this info... delete this quik!
No problemo Cameron, Cattail is closing for the rest of the year and I hear rumor of it being closed permanently because of an endangered under water plant that grows there :D NSF

raff
10-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Anyone use the ramp at the Nautical Inn lately?
Or the one at BML?
We will be at the Nautical Inn this weekend, also there will be a few of us down at BML.
Thanks Mark

Havasu Hangin'
10-04-2006, 08:03 AM
We launched Dan's 36' at the Nautical last weekend. It went off the back, but smaller boats should be fine.
Mind if i borrow your key Saturday morning...lol?

Throttle
10-04-2006, 08:06 AM
Anybody use the Crazyhorse ramp lately? I will be staying there this weekend so will have access. Probably too shallow to launch the boat even when the water is up. Any info would be appreciated.
crazyhorse is crazy right now, not to bum u out too much but there is some jet ski races goin on this week/end and as I drove by it yesterday I could not even see the beach there... bleachers and all!

Throttle
10-04-2006, 08:07 AM
No problemo Cameron, Cattail is closing for the rest of the year and I hear rumor of it being closed permanently because of an endangered under water plant that grows there :D NSF
I just finished readin the paper and saw that... that is gonna suck!

Throttle
10-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Or the one at BML?
We will be at the Nautical Inn this weekend, also there will be a few of us down at BML.
Thanks Mark
just b carefull

framer1
10-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Or the one at BML?
Thanks Mark
Lanched F-26 last weekend ....No problems

MR HARLEY
10-04-2006, 08:10 AM
So what is a good time to launch ? 6:30 am? :D

Not So Fast
10-04-2006, 09:01 AM
So what is a good time to launch ? 6:30 am? :D
Saw you out there early Sat. morning with Mr Ilmore watching from the ramp????? Problems?? The rangers say they will restrict the Infestation people from parking at the ramp area lot and only allow them to park in the jet ski lot, Good Luck. NSF

MR HARLEY
10-04-2006, 09:43 AM
Saw you out there early Sat. morning with Mr Ilmore watching from the ramp????? Problems?? The rangers say they will restrict the Infestation people from parking at the ramp area lot and only allow them to park in the jet ski lot, Good Luck. NSF
And you didnt say Hi! :)
Nope no problems, he came out to see how she was running and for the Advantage regatta.
I will be starting real early if I launch out of Windsor, if not , you stated Catttail is closing, do you when they are going into shutdown?

riverracerx
10-04-2006, 09:45 AM
They will let you launch at the Marina if you have a slip!
My bro-in-law launched his 29' twin engine Scarab there last weekend...no problems.

OliverM5
10-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Are they still checking exhaust decibels at the marina?

Singleton
10-04-2006, 09:53 AM
They will let you launch at the Marina if you have a slip!
My bro-in-law launched his 29' twin engine Scarab there last weekend...no problems.
Launch at own risk.
I launched my 22 from the Marina for RRX5 (when they had the under 24' only) and was still told launch at own risk. My back axle was at the end of the ramp for the launch. Saw a few bigger boat launch and retrieve, but back axle of trailer were off ramp and in sand.

ChumpChange
10-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Any updates?

Mrs.Racer277
10-06-2006, 01:52 PM
crazyhorse is crazy right now, not to bum u out too much but there is some jet ski races goin on this week/end and as I drove by it yesterday I could not even see the beach there... bleachers and all!
Jet Ski World Finals

phebus
10-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Any updates?
Yep, I went down to Windsor today to see how they were going to handle the crowds. They have a big sign at the entrance, saying the concert entrance is two miles south (just south of Hampton Inn). So, the parking for launching won't be an issue, but I'm sure the traffic congestion in the area still will be.

ChumpChange
10-06-2006, 02:51 PM
Yep, I went down to Windsor today to see how they were going to handle the crowds. They have a big sign at the entrance, saying the concert entrance is two miles south (just south of Hampton Inn). So, the parking for launching won't be an issue, but I'm sure the traffic congestion in the area still will be.
Very good news. How about the water as well? Still real low?

shueman
10-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Yep....World Finals on top of everything else.... :rolleyes:

shueman
10-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Very good news. How about the water as well? Still real low?
Agave CAM this afternoon.... :mad:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1761have-1006b.jpg

dicudmore
10-06-2006, 03:25 PM
SSSSSHHHHHH........ don't announce it!!! J/K we launched from there the weekend of the RRX - 9/24 because of the traffic going into windsor, It was nice, no wait. and a wonderful HBer helped me back in the trailer against the fence so I would mow it down. Only bad was Cudmore was there too! Just Kidding Dan :p
<----- On fire this morning: Watch out Chris, here comes the bus!!! :argue:
hey now...I thought we were friends :cry:

SummitKarl
10-06-2006, 04:08 PM
THANKS HOMO :hammerhea :rolleyes:
now I can't sleep in :mad: :)