PDA

View Full Version : Moisture Control

The Jerk
10-04-2006, 08:52 AM
So i may have to store the ol bout outside this winter. I have a nice canvas cover and some tarps. I want to make a lil car port for it as well. BUT Does anyone use some type of moisture control product or anything? Somthing like damprid or silica in the hull or on the floor?? If so what do you use? How much of it? And where to buy it locally...? Thanks.
jiMMy

bubbletop409
10-05-2006, 02:16 PM
I use a product called DAMP CHECK, it's a container, a crystal holder, and a bag of crystal. Put the crystal holder inside the container, and pour in the crystals. The crystals draw moisture out of the covered area and the container collects and holds the liquid. I use four in my 26' and good for all winter, nice fresh smell when you uncover, and never a hint of a problem. Got mine off the net, refills of crystal are available in four packs.

kcvega
10-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Read on another board that an open bag of charcoal works great and is cheap.

Irishtornado
10-07-2006, 11:00 AM
So i may have to store the ol bout outside this winter. I have a nice canvas cover and some tarps. I want to make a lil car port for it as well. BUT Does anyone use some type of moisture control product or anything? Somthing like damprid or silica in the hull or on the floor?? If so what do you use? How much of it? And where to buy it locally...? Thanks.
jiMMy
I use damprid as well mine is stored indoors, but still has couple inches of water in the container everyspring just from moisture in the air...
Bought mine at Lowe's

HM
10-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Overtons sells moisture control (http://www.overtons.com/modperl/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=20424&fcat=2Y4)
http://www.overtons.com/graphics/products/large/20424L.jpg

CircleJerk
12-03-2006, 11:55 PM
jiMMy
The Jerk heh? Force your neighbor to slip it into his garage JerK!

rrrr
12-04-2006, 02:30 PM
two 100W lightbulbs.....
When I used the crystals they were gone in two weeks.....but it's really humid here.
Oh, and throw a few dryer sheets in it. Smells better in the spring.

Cas
12-04-2006, 09:53 PM
kitty litter or charcoal work great....been using one or the other for years. If you use either, be sure to use a plastic cat box type container. Add a 40w bulb in a drop light for the real cold nights.