PDA

View Full Version : Going to remove the "Bodie Curse"

Water Romper
10-04-2006, 03:16 PM
I am off to Bodie ghost town this Friday to have the “Bodie Curse” removed.
I actually will meet with the Park Ranger who lives in the ghost town, I will submit my letter of acknowledgement to the museum and return what I removed from the sacred grounds three years ago. Laugh if you want but the “Curse” is real and I am tired of the bad luck.
I have been to Bodie approx. 10 times over the past 25 years, even camped in the Bodie hills with out ever an incident… then, three years ago, half buried in the ground, I found a piece of colored glass, a small remnant of the mining era, probably 100+ years old…but it was BODIE PROPERTY…and after I got home, my luck changed, I too have fallen on the Bodie Curse because of a weak moment of “theft” …
Wish me luck.
Note link below to read about the curseÂ….itÂ’s Âľ through the articleÂ…
http://www.csicop.org/si/2003-11/i-files.html

Phat Matt
10-04-2006, 03:32 PM
It was probably a heineken bottle from a tourist. :)

Her454
10-04-2006, 03:32 PM
I love shiat like this. Sorry for your bad luck but didnt your mama teach you not to steal? :rollside:

Water Romper
10-04-2006, 03:51 PM
It was probably a heineken bottle from a tourist. :)
The glass appears to be a part of a glass insulator that was used on the power poles back in the late 1800Â’s ItÂ’s a light purple in colorÂ…fortunately, there is no trash at this place.

Water Romper
10-04-2006, 03:52 PM
I love shiat like this. Sorry for your bad luck but didnt your mama teach you not to steal? :rollside:
Guilty...and yes, if she were alive today she would set me straight!

Nord
10-04-2006, 03:58 PM
give the nomads back their piece of their crack pipe, and call it a day ;)

10-04-2006, 04:55 PM
When you return the stolen booty to its origional resting place go to the cemetery face East, kneel, beg forgiveness and the curse will be removed. BTW, is the light bulb in the General store still lit?

Water Romper
10-05-2006, 08:10 AM
When you return the stolen booty to its origional resting place go to the cemetery face East, kneel, beg forgiveness and the curse will be removed. BTW, is the light bulb in the General store still lit?
When I get back I will have someone post the pic's... for the life of me can't figure out how to put a stupid photo on this site.... :mad:
As for the light in the store...dunno...but I am sure the screams and moans from the dead miners can still be heard from deep within the Standard Mine as well as the ghosts in the mortuaryÂ… :2purples:
By the way, as a interesting noteÂ…when you look into the mortuary window all you see are 3-4 foot long caskets, thatÂ’s because the children didnÂ’t live past 5 years old because it was such a harsh place to live. :cry:

Jordy
10-05-2006, 08:14 AM
I love shiat like this.
Yeah, because it's about mine shafts in a round about sort of way. :D :D :D
This must really blow your skirt up then:
but I am sure the screams and moans from the dead miners can still be heard from deep within the Standard Mine as well as the ghosts in the mortuaryÂ… :2purples:
You know, in a related note, residents of Mullett Mountain often report hearing screams from local mine shafts as well... :idea: :D

Her454
10-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Yeah, because it's about mine shafts in a round about sort of way. :D :D :D
This must really blow your skirt up then:
You know, in a related note, residents of Mullett Mountain often report hearing screams from local mine shafts as well... :idea: :D
LMAO, bout blew the skirt right off me. Thanks Jordy. :rollside: :crossx:

Jordy
10-05-2006, 08:23 AM
LMAO, bout blew the skirt right off me. :rollside: :crossx:
Really??? Got any pics of that??? :idea: :D

SHOTKALLIN
10-05-2006, 08:24 AM
this sounds like a bad episode of the brady bunch :skull:

Jetdriver
10-05-2006, 08:30 AM
Best of luck to you! Please take photos and I can help you post them when you get back.

seanv
10-05-2006, 09:10 AM
jordy, im with you. i wana see pix as well :crossx:
LMAO, bout blew the skirt right off me. Thanks Jordy.

topless
10-05-2006, 09:23 AM
You guys are scaring me!!!!! :cry: :cry:

Her454
10-05-2006, 09:24 AM
jordy, im with you. i wana see pix as well :crossx:
Are you kidding, last time someone took a pic of a blonde with her skirt blowing up it made national headlines and then she died!
My luck is bad enough. I probably shouldn't even be posting in this thread! :crossx: :rollside:

Big Kahunaa
10-05-2006, 09:33 AM
where is it

Jordy
10-05-2006, 09:39 AM
Are you kidding, last time someone took a pic of a blonde with her skirt blowing up it made national headlines and then she died!
I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're really willing to risk it. :D :D :D

Her454
10-05-2006, 09:48 AM
where is it
http://www.bodie.net/
I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're really willing to risk it. :D :D :D
I'm not. :rolleyes: :rollside:

10-05-2006, 09:58 AM
My luck is bad enough. I probably shouldn't even be posting in this thread! :crossx: :rollside:
No need to worry about that, the Democrats are not in power anymore :crossx:

Her454
10-05-2006, 10:03 AM
No need to worry about that, the Democrats are not in power anymore :crossx:
LMAO, thanks Bob. :rollside: The Democrats don't scare me half as much as ***boat.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-05-2006, 12:06 PM
I love ghost towns. Bodie is one I have always wanted to go to but we are usually only up there during the winter and the road is always snowed in.
Good luck with your curse removal. I hope the spirits accept your apology. :rollside:

Water Romper
10-05-2006, 12:34 PM
I love ghost towns. Bodie is one I have always wanted to go to but we are usually only up there during the winter and the road is always snowed in.
Good luck with your curse removal. I hope the spirits accept your apology. :rollside:
According the weather, there is a good chance of snow showers Friday into SaturdayÂ…the last 11 miles to Bodie is a dirt road, good thing I have 4 wheel driveÂ…I sure donÂ’t want to get stuck in a snow storm and freeze to deathÂ…thatÂ’s how William Bodie (Bodey) the man who found gold which caused the Bodie (town was named after him) boom town died, he froze to death in a freak snow storm on a hill overlooking the town. :sqeyes:

Her454
10-05-2006, 12:34 PM
According the weather, there is a good chance of snow showers Friday into SaturdayÂ…the last 11 miles to Bodie is a dirt road, good thing I have 4 wheel driveÂ…I sure donÂ’t want to get stuck in a snow storm and freeze to deathÂ…thatÂ’s how William Bodie (Bodey) the man who found gold which caused the Bodie (town was named after him) boom town died, he froze to death in a freak snow storm on a hill overlooking the town. :sqeyes:
I'll pray for you. :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Hey, I panned for gold in Calico Ghost town a couple weeks ago. I hope the gold from there is not cursed, cuz I threw it away. LOL and the Ranger threw it into my pan so I would think I actually found gold so I am sure its not haunted, right? :220v: :rollside:

Water Romper
10-05-2006, 12:58 PM
I'll pray for you. :rollside:
I appreciate the thoughtsÂ… :)
But to be honest, I am not getting into much danger here…unless I fall in a mine shaft or something. The Sierras are awesome this time of year so all should be well….HOWEVER, I will be fishing Convict Lake while I am up there and that lake is as haunted as Bodie. There was a shoot out there in the 1800’s and one of the posses was killed by one of the escaped “Convicts” (hence Convict lake) Tons of creepy noises at night when the moon is full. :crossx:

Her454
10-05-2006, 01:15 PM
I appreciate the thoughtsÂ… :)
But to be honest, I am not getting into much danger here…unless I fall in a mine shaft or something. The Sierras are awesome this time of year so all should be well….HOWEVER, I will be fishing Convict Lake while I am up there and that lake is as haunted as Bodie. There was a shoot out there in the 1800’s and one of the posses was killed by one of the escaped “Convicts” (hence Convict lake) Tons of creepy noises at night when the moon is full. :crossx:
Actually, I think we should ALL pray for you. :o :rollside:

Water Romper
10-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Hey, I panned for gold in Calico Ghost town a couple weeks ago. I hope the gold from there is not cursed, cuz I threw it away. LOL and the Ranger threw it into my pan so I would think I actually found gold so I am sure its not haunted, right? :220v: :rollside:
No curse at Calico so you’re safe. As a matter of fact, there is only one original building left at that desert mining town. The rest of the buildings are props for the tourists. Still has a “colorful” history and a fun place to run around though…going in the Maggie Mine looking at the Glory hole was always interesting to me.
And regarding your goldÂ…itÂ’s the same gold at Knotts Berry FarmÂ…worthless but fun to pan for.

Water Romper
10-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Actually, I think we should ALL pray for you. :o :rollside:
LOA...I think I am beyond prayers. although I have been known to pray for certain photographs :crossx: :D

10-05-2006, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=Water Romper]I appreciate the thoughtsÂ… :)
But to be honest, I am not getting into much danger here…unless I fall in a mine shaft or something. The Sierras are awesome this time of year so all should be well….HOWEVER, I will be fishing Convict Lake while I am up there and that lake is as haunted as Bodie. There was a shoot out there in the 1800’s and one of the posses was killed by one of the escaped “Convicts” (hence Convict lake) Tons of creepy noises at night when the moon is full. :crossx:[/QUOTE I'll be seein' ya somewhere on Firday. I'm heading to Bishop for the "Fall Colors" car show. Should be heading south on 395 from SR 120 about 12:30 PM. We will be a caravan of about 3-4 or more cars. I'll be in my red 60 Ford Starliner heading south.

Water Romper
10-05-2006, 03:29 PM
I'll be in Mammoth by 9:00am. then heading to Bridgeport early Saturday to be di-hexed...

AltarGirl
10-05-2006, 04:43 PM
I am off to Bodie ghost town this Friday to have the “Bodie Curse” removed.
I actually will meet with the Park Ranger who lives in the ghost town, I will submit my letter of acknowledgement to the museum and return what I removed from the sacred grounds three years ago. Laugh if you want but the “Curse” is real and I am tired of the bad luck.
I have been to Bodie approx. 10 times over the past 25 years, even camped in the Bodie hills with out ever an incident… then, three years ago, half buried in the ground, I found a piece of colored glass, a small remnant of the mining era, probably 100+ years old…but it was BODIE PROPERTY…and after I got home, my luck changed, I too have fallen on the Bodie Curse because of a weak moment of “theft” …
Wish me luck.
Note link below to read about the curseÂ….itÂ’s Âľ through the articleÂ…
http://www.csicop.org/si/2003-11/i-files.html
Great article, GIVE IT BACK, QUICK!! :rollside:

OCMerrill
10-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Bodie Road off of 395 is very well graded. They want visitors...who bring money so that road is kept up. You would need some serious weather to take that road beyond the needs of a minivan.
I have been there about a dozen times over the years and its a great place.
They close the Dirt Road (off of Pole Line Road hwy 167) by Mono Lake around November 1st or so yearly Snow or no snow.

10-06-2006, 04:49 AM
Bodie Road off of 395 may be closed. SR 120 thru the park is closed due to snow. Getting to Bishop is gonna be a long trip. :yuk:

Water Romper
10-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Bodie Road off of 395 may be closed. SR 120 thru the park is closed due to snow. Getting to Bishop is gonna be a long trip. :yuk:
Bodie was open; they had a "dusting" Friday night and most of the snow had melted by Saturday. The snow that “stuck” hopefully will make interesting photographs. I will have someone here post them for me.
The ranger was cool about my giving back a piece of Bodie, and he was very familiar about the curse. So now I am “curse-free”
On a sad note….I saw the beautiful classics running around on Sunday (thought about you) and unfortunately, we rolled up on a horrific head on collision just north of Independence around noon Sunday.. It was between a Toyota Camry and some type of classic…possibly a 1920’s type touring model T…it was pretty much un-recognizable so I am just guessing. The rumor-mill said it was a possible quadruple fatal. Don’t take this information to the bank however I do know there were fatalities. We were right next to the Coroners’ van when he “scooped” up someone out of the Camry. This was not a site for queasy peeps. It was sad.
I looked for news articles this morning (Monday) to get the real story but have yet to find any info. I hope you and your fellow classic auto budÂ’s are ok.

Water Romper
10-10-2006, 09:35 AM
Additional info re: head on collision:
A e-mail from Independance Chamber of Commerce:
The Inyo Register here in Inyo County has a front-page article today (10/10/06) on the tragic accident of Oct. 8. Go to www.inyoregister.com
Ttwo of the victims died from their injuries: Dennis Carlson, 55, of Bakersfield, driving a 1931 Ford roadster, and Cyndie Woodger, 29, of Barstow, a passenger in a 1994 Toyota Camry.
Thank you for being patient with the delay in traffic. I ask for your prayers for the victims and their families.

10-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Very sad to hear, They will be in my thoughts and prayers. We went thru Markleeville and Monitor Pass because SR 120 was closed but for not the normal reasons, I had heard they closed the road due to a fatal motorcycle accident when a rider went down because of ice. We got "dusted" with snow just south of the Bodie turn off and thought of you heading up that road to Bodie. :eek: Weekend was great, a fun little carshow and a good excuse to get outta town. Went home via 120/Yosemite and was beautiful as usual.