PDA

View Full Version : corpus christi

boatnam2
10-05-2006, 11:20 AM
missb wants to move to texas,cc area i think.form so cal whats the pro's and con's?good lake boating?weather?rain?etc:etc:

boatnam2
10-05-2006, 02:32 PM
shit man does hot spots central have guys from texas in it!

Liberator TJ1984
10-05-2006, 02:56 PM
I was born and raised in the CC area all my life , 45 now :rolleyes:
It is fairly windy , humid and Hot ...much like most other Bay front coastal areas. Corpus is Rapidly growing and consuming much of the outer small communities. I live in Orange Grove it's about 20mi. NW of CC. Most people from here commute into CC to work. Mathis Lake / Lake CC is just a 30min. drive from CC. It is low right now due to the lack of rain in the watershed area.But there are others within a few hours drive.
PS..if you got a Ferrari or Lamb. you would love it here .....nothing but Flat Land and roads as far as you can see :rolleyes:
oh yea...most every critter in Texas , stings or bites :skull:

boatnam2
10-05-2006, 03:37 PM
thanks 1984,my wife thinks texas is going to be the best thing since sliced bread.im not so sure.i work in the a refinery so im actually may consider moving if i could get a job there in a refinery.

Red Horse
10-05-2006, 04:34 PM
If you are into fishing, duck hunting, dove/quail then south Texas (gulf coast) is for you. CC is a pretty cool city. Farther south you get Flour Bluff, then the islands, Mustang and Padre. Parents have a condo on Padre just across the Intercoastal bridge.
True, the mosquitoes here can and will carry you off but there are ways around that. If you boat is big enough for the salt water there is the Gulf and good offshore fishing just 18 NMs out of Port Aransas. North of CC is San Antonio and Austin. LAKE TRAVIS. great lake and no farther than towing from Southern Cali to Havi.
Take a few weeks, go and check it out. :cool:

BA Kurtis
10-05-2006, 06:45 PM
I just flew home to So. Cal. from Ky. landed in Dallas, lots of huge lakes in that area, dont know much about the area but it sure looks nice.

taylormanss
10-05-2006, 07:05 PM
we live in aransas pass,tx. which is 15 miles from corpus,we either run our liberator at lake corpus which is about an hour for us to drive or coleto creek which is the same,or lake texanna over in edna,tx. medina lake,calaveras lake,braunig lake, and canyon lake are all in san antonio area which is a two hour drive from corpus,lake travis is about three hours from corpus. you can go over to texas***boats.com and check out where a few more guys run at.

Liberator TJ1984
10-06-2006, 08:07 AM
thanks 1984,my wife thinks texas is going to be the best thing since sliced bread.im not so sure.i work in the a refinery so im actually may consider moving if i could get a job there in a refinery.
Don't know about the best thing since sliced bread part :p
But there are several refineries in CC alone , with a good job referral that should be no problem getting a job ?
Almost everyone I know is in the Oilfield one way or another.
If you own your property there , you should be able to sell it and buy quite a Spread down here :) last time I looked land was like 2-5K an acre ,depending on location and how much land you are willing to buy ?
we paid 60k for 20 acres , corner lot along major farm to market road,water well , barns, mostly all grass land that we bail fo hay ,2mi. out of town.
you probably pay more than that just for a house lot...lol

boatnam2
10-06-2006, 12:45 PM
she wants a waterfront home,i guess it would be nice.what about hurricanes?

Liberator TJ1984
10-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Hurricanes ?? no scared a no f'n hurricanes
it's them damn tornadoes ya gotta watch out for .....j/k
It would be no different than anywhere else taking a direct hit I would guess and how bad the 'cane is....
all the ones I remember just had alot of rain , few trees and roofs blown down but nothing near like N.Orleans
but I have never evacuated even when Beula hit and it was a pretty bad storm...

blowngas
10-06-2006, 03:00 PM
i work in the a refinery so im actually may consider moving if i could get a job there in a refinery
if you are looking for employment in a refinery, petrochemical, you should look for the job first-----there are refinerys and petrochemical plants all along the texas gulf coast-----houston probably has the greatest job potential, but has the greatest traffic problems----there are lakes of various descriptions located all over the state-----anywhere from a short drive to several hours drive away-----it's whatever preference you have for water-----most are a murky type untill you get up to central texas where the lakes have rock bottoms and the water is clear-----but no refinerys!!!-----one thing about texas, if ya don't like what's nearby, there's always something else not too far down the road!!!--------best of luck, and good hunting

THEPISTONHEAD
10-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Im stationed in C.C. going on 2 years now. Its a nice coastal place that is finaly coming around to excepting growth. I live on the ever booming south side and houses are reasonably priced but going up fast. You would probably be looking to live on the island. N. Padre Island to be exact. Very nice homes.....but the taxes here are unreal. I was going to by out on the island but your home does get weathered really fast due to the heavy content of salty air and humidity. The wind never stops blowing here though so that help with the temps. Its the second windiest city in the U.S.. Expect to pay around $160 - $300K for an nice clean average or slightly above average home on the island. Definatley lots of jobs in refineries here. You heard about the lakes already. I bought a nice piece of land up in Canyon Lake just north of San Antonio. Its alot nicer up there in the Hill Country but no refinery's their. Let me know if you need any brochures or anything else. Oh, and like they said, if you like the outdoors (fishing and hunting) youll love it. The best fishing Ive ever seen. I will let you know how the duck hunting is in November.
Jason

boatnam2
10-09-2006, 06:26 PM
thanks piston head.

MWJSOne
10-11-2006, 05:54 PM
I was in Rockport 2 years ago some of the areas there reminded me of
Gary Indiana with nicer weather.Most of that is in the middle of change one good strong wind will change the way it looks.Big diff if you can put up with the winter Texans,I like the area could use a few good Chicago style pizzia places.