PDA

View Full Version : Need a hydraulic pump for a Place Diverter

Cs19
01-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Anybody got one lying around? I need the cylinder dealio too.

sleekcrafter
01-17-2006, 08:49 PM
Cs I need the "Place diverter" I don't need the hydrolics portion, are you interested in splitting up a system? I think I can get the whole deal cheaper than buying them seperate.
Sleek

cyclone
01-17-2006, 08:54 PM
at one point my boat picked up the nicname starwars because of all the electronics onboard...but i think i'll pass that one onto you chris! you even got room for that pump? :cool:

Cs19
01-17-2006, 08:55 PM
No, not interested in that sorry Sleek.

cyclone
01-17-2006, 09:03 PM
think farm equipment. you can buy the hydraulic pump/reservoir/valves all in on unit from grainger, chris.

Cs19
01-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Mike,I didnt think it was bad till I got the nitrous, now theres alot of chit in there, but its all bundled togethor nicely. This will go on the other side and there is nothing over there as of now. :) Bummed about the weight, but if everything works as planned it will be a good trade off.The boat is probably alot different since you last saw it, moved alot around and cleaned everything up.Im really stoked on it so far, you gotta check it out next time your in the area.
Im already doing all this stuff tottally differnt than the normal set up, im just gonna run the Place hyd. unit.
Do you know anyone running the grainger set up?

cyclone
01-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Back when i used to play with hydraulics i had a friend that used a setup to actuate the forward tilt hood on his truck that looked quite similar to the Aggressor hydraulic pump. he bought it from grainger. if you search the net or grainger's catalog you'll find what you need. if i have time tomorrow i'll take a look for ya.

cyclone
01-17-2006, 10:24 PM
http://www.parker.com/frameless/default.asp?substDivId=&FamID=715&DivID=505&GID=0&Type=2&ID=505&TechID=&PSID=3773
click on the "online catalog" link for the 108 series pump and you'll find at the beginning of the first page a photo of the pump i'm talking about. It's labled "12-volt dc series" motor. you'll notice the SAE sticker on the motor even says "marine" on it. 5 bucks says this is the same hydraulic pump place diverter sells.

Cs19
01-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Thats different than Place's pump, looks like its the same one Aggsr sells though.
Thanks for the link,Ill look into it.

cyclone
01-17-2006, 10:48 PM
i've heard that the aggrressor uniit is faster than the place (more psi maybe?)

Cs19
01-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Faster is good.This is the one aggsr. sells for $390.00.
http://aggressorjets.com/images/image058.jpg

UBFJ #454
01-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Chris, we've got an older Place Reservoir/Pump that Mike had on the boat at one time that we have no plans for ... don't know its condition ... Mike's coming over this morning, I'll ask him about it. Also have the nozzle diverter set up.

cruser
01-18-2006, 07:42 AM
I have had both and the Aggressor pump is indeed faster, but that could be because I used -6 lines instead of 1/8 plastic. As you said, $390 from Aggressor. I used some contingency money for mine so it only cost me $290. Hope fully you get it for that or less at Grainger. Aggressor also sells the cylinder for about $80 I think.

wrenchdaddy
01-18-2006, 07:59 AM
Where could you find the hydraulic cylinder for the place diverter on the parker website??

UBFJ #454
01-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Chris -
Air activated systems are much faster than using hydraulic fluid systems. Since Jack's new gate system is air activated why not do a diverter with air or CO2?

flat broke
01-18-2006, 08:23 AM
For the cylinder look at www.bimba.com The "orriginal line" series will have what you're looking for. I believe the Place/Aggressor hyd unit uses a .750" bore, but you should double check that as well as the stroke. At first it looks cheaper to go this route, but you have to pay for a S.S. shaft, pay per inch of stroke, and by the time it's all said and done, you could probably have it for just a touch more next day from any one of the major marine retailers for around $80.
If you really want to dig for a deal, Industrial liquidators in Hawthorne/Lawndale sometimes has these laying around. They're used, carry no warranty, and might not work for your application, but thats what you live with when you look outside the box.
Chris, I believe that Aggressor has the Parker pump reworked to reduce the operating pressure. You could try it, but I have a feeling if the hydraulic pressure is too high. The cylinders that Place and Aggressor use might loose a seal against pressures over 200psi or so. I'm not sure, but it would suck to spend the money and maybe save a couple bucks, then have to turn around and spend more money than it would have cost over the counter to make it right. Both Parker and Bimba have good online resources, so you should be able to engineer something out.
Chris

Cs19
01-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Chris -
Air activated systems are much faster than using hydraulic fluid systems. Since Jack's new gate system is air activated why not do a diverter with air or CO2?
We talked about that Jak, maybe later on down the road I will take that on,its alot of work to do it right.

Riverjet502
01-18-2006, 10:28 AM
I have a new Bennett laying around. I bought it thinking my other one was bad, only to have a wiring issue bad. I believe the relay for this unit is #425126 from Rex.
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2246/bennettpump6vy.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Cs19
01-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Riverjet, it looks like the one you have is a little different than the one place has pictured on their site.
PM me with a price.