PDA

View Full Version : Gel Coat Protection Thingies for Bimini Top

Doofus Here
10-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Hey Guys and Gals...
The last time I was at the lake I spotted a boat going by that had some kind of protective sleeve that covered the side rails of a bimini top to keep it from scratching the gel on the top of the gunnels when the top is laying flat. Does anybody know who makes these and where to get them? Is this a custom idea someone came up with and had custom made? Any help is appreciated.
Rufus

Havasu_Dreamin
10-05-2006, 01:43 PM
I seem to recall seeing them mostly on Magic's, may want to call them and see if they can help you out.

Todd969
10-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Nordic made mine.

HatenWinter
10-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Got 'em on our Nordic too, try there.

soupersonic
10-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Any apholstry shop could make these for you out of the same material,they just wrap the rails and velcro together.Great idea,no rattles, no scratching and make it look better

TrojanDan
10-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Our Magic came with them. They are made with the same material as the bimini top but with extra sewn in padding for protection and a velcro closure. Toni's Canvas Shop used to make Magic's bimini's. I believe she is in Havasu and is a great woman to deal with. :cool:

TrojanDan
10-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Any apholstry shop could make these for you out of the same material,they just wrap the rails and velcro together.Great idea,no rattles, no scratching and make it look better
Yeah, what he said. :D

Not So Fast
10-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Take a look at www.biminibuddi.com also has a polished S.S. clamp that holds all of the bows apart and sort of keeps your ducks in a row so to speak. nevermind the site is down, PM for pictures. NSF

uvindex
10-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Not really a sleeve, but you might also consider these things that West Marine sells for Biminis that also do a good job of protecting your gelcoat when it's laying down.
http://images.westmarine.com/full/25669_f.jpg
(Search www.westmarine.com for "window savers" if you're interested in buying some.)
Good luck. :)

bignet
10-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Take a look at www.biminibuddi.com also has a polished S.S. clamp that holds all of the bows apart and sort of keeps your ducks in a row so to speak. nevermind the site is down, PM for pictures. NSF
Thanks for the info, but that website is suspended or out of order...I need some of those sleeves as well though. The rods are bangin the crap out of my gelcoat.
bignet

Ultrafied
10-05-2006, 09:53 PM
American Canvas on Holt made mine.

shueman
10-06-2006, 05:13 AM
Slice open a fun noodle and wrap with a bungie....poor man's solution... :crossx:

cola
10-06-2006, 07:37 AM
Slice open a fun noodle and wrap with a bungie....poor man's solution... :crossx:
You don't need a bungie. :cool:

riverracerx
10-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Nordic made mine as well. I don't think DCB's come with them....or a bimini for that matter. :p

Doofus Here
10-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks to all you replied. Now I have lots of ideas to pursue.
Rufus

XTRM22
10-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Nordic made mine as well. I don't think DCB's come with them....or a bimini for that matter. :p
Hhmmm, my DCB came with the bimini top, but I did have to add the covers for the poles. Had an upholstery shop add legs to the bimini cover with velcro down the centers.
Chuck

kathleen patrick
01-23-2007, 11:45 AM
There is a new product out there that will match the needs perfectly if you are looking to hold your rails in place. They are clamps made out of aluminum or cast material. It was designed by a boater. You can go to the website at biminibuddi.com and order or contact the Chairman, Wayne at 949-697-8817.. Good luck

phebus
01-23-2007, 11:58 AM
There is a new product out there that will match the needs perfectly if you are looking to hold your rails in place. They are clamps made out of aluminum or cast material. It was designed by a boater. You can go to the website at biminibuddi.com and order or contact the Chairman, Wayne at 949-697-8817.. Good luck
Excellent idea, and great looking product. Just a little too much for my budget. :(

kathleen patrick
01-23-2007, 04:17 PM
The product which was displayed was just one of several types of clamps. There is a corrosive resistant composite clamp which starts at $39.95. The website is currently undergoing a new design and will be launched February 1st. You may go there and purchase the item//The product will also be displayed at the Boat Show at the LA Convention Center from Feb 3-11th Check it out