PDA

View Full Version : Tahiti

framer1
10-05-2006, 04:40 PM
Heading to Tahiti soon, who has been there and was it a good time :) Can't imagine it wasn't fun.

little rowe boat
10-05-2006, 05:25 PM
We were there about 3 years ago. We did a 10 day cruise through french polynesia. It was great.

Powerquestboy
10-05-2006, 05:32 PM
I just got back 2 weeks ago, it is incredible. We werent even in Tahiti for 24 hours, we spent all our time on the island of moorea. Pack your money because its expensive. I would go again in a heart beat. Depending what kind of booze you drink you might want to bring some alcohol. I either drink Beer, Vodka soda or Captain and coke. They have no soda water and no captain so I drank a lot of Hinano which is the Tahitian Beer. If your going to Moorea let me know and I will tell you good places to eat since the food is all French cuisine and a little sketchy. You order shrimp and you get the whole shrimp, I'm talking heads, tentacles etc. Let me know if you have any questions or want some pics, I've got tons.
Jeff

Powerquestboy
10-05-2006, 06:00 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/331Tahiti_001.jpg

redneckgirl
10-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Bruce you suck :mad: :cry: :rollside: Have a great time!!!!
Power...post more pictures!!!
RNG

BOBALOO
10-05-2006, 07:38 PM
We are going for 10 days in Feb, I'll let you know when we get back. When are you headed out Bruce? Missed you at the turtle friday night, hung out with Teresa and Darrel there.

framer1
10-05-2006, 07:43 PM
We are going for 10 days in Feb, I'll let you know when we get back. When are you headed out Bruce? Missed you at the turtle friday night, hung out with Teresa and Darrel there.
Were heading out at the end of october.... Drank all day friday and couldn't hang... Getting old, can't drink day and night :) Sorry we miss you. Next time.

framer1
10-05-2006, 07:46 PM
I just got back 2 weeks ago, it is incredible. We werent even in Tahiti for 24 hours, we spent all our time on the island of moorea. Pack your money because its expensive. I would go again in a heart beat. Depending what kind of booze you drink you might want to bring some alcohol. I either drink Beer, Vodka soda or Captain and coke. They have no soda water and no captain so I drank a lot of Hinano which is the Tahitian Beer. If your going to Moorea let me know and I will tell you good places to eat since the food is all French cuisine and a little sketchy. You order shrimp and you get the whole shrimp, I'm talking heads, tentacles etc. Let me know if you have any questions or want some pics, I've got tons.
Jeff
Would love to see more pictures. I think we are hitting Moorea too. Like to know some places to eat....Local beer is fine with me :rollside: You think 20 dollars will be enough :p

framer1
10-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Bruce you suck :mad: :cry: :rollside: Have a great time!!!!
Power...post more pictures!!!
RNG
Thanks...I don't suck :rollside: I just got lucky.

BOBALOO
10-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Do a search on Tahiti, I think there was a thread with pictures a week ago.
Definitely share your trip with us when you get back.

Powerquestboy
10-05-2006, 08:32 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/331Tahiti_072.jpg

Powerquestboy
10-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Would love to see more pictures. I think we are hitting Moorea too. Like to know some places to eat....Local beer is fine with me :rollside: You think 20 dollars will be enough :p
Well $20 wont even get you a cheese burger but there is hope. If you eat at the hotels your going to spend a lot but I would rather go to local places and get more traditional dishes and you will actually save money. The kicker too is if you tell the concierge to make you a reservation, someone from the restraunt will come to pick you up and take you back when your done. The best place we ate is called "Ti Honu Iti" it means the little turtle good stuff. Le Mahogoney has good chinese food. I would go the Mayflower also.
At the hotels they try to push the Buffets on you and they are exspensive $30 for breakfast. Personally I hate Buffets, I feel like I'm eating at Sizzler. So I always asked for the regular menu and you could get Eggs Benedict for $15. This is assuming you didnt get the meal plan which basically means you eat buffets at the hotel the entire time your there.

Powerquestboy
10-05-2006, 08:46 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/331Tahiti_114.jpg

Faceaz
10-05-2006, 09:00 PM
We went to Moorea for our Honeymoon - had an incredible time. We spent 3 days in a land bungalow, then 4 over the water - it helped cut down the cost. My main suggestion would be to rent a scooter while your there, it was about $100 for 4 days. The scooter will let you go into town & buy all the Hinano Beer you can handle @ reasonable prices instead of $12.00 per cocktail. Also, you can offroad the crap out of them. Take lots of bug spray, they'll eat you alive if you don't. Have Fun.

cdog
10-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Pick up some of that coconut crème liquor. We bought a bottle and have a shot or 2 on every anniversary. Enjoy! That place has got to be heaven on earth.