PDA

View Full Version : Taggers ...

Riverkid
10-06-2006, 02:11 AM
Caught a carload of them working over a fence yesterday. Got up behind them after they took off to get the plate number. Four little punk kids, the one doing the tagging ran back to the car (sitting in the middle of the road with the door open) and off they go. It's a new Camry, and it's not faster than my truck... So they get to the stop sign at the end of the road, and I see it's about a 16 y/o girl doing the driving. She blows through the stop sign and almost gets T-boned by oncoming traffic headed both directions. Yikes!
Is there some 800 number to call and report? I hate that crap. :mad:

VanDeano
10-06-2006, 03:10 AM
I think you just call the police, not 911 but there regular #. Considering how late this was, I know Torrance cops would of been all over that if they got the call. They live for busting gang bangers especially when a car chase is involved. Since you got there license I would of called the police right then, that way they could be waiting for them when they get home. If the person driving was actually 16 then they could of phucked them more by suspending there licence until they were 18.

Riverkid
10-06-2006, 03:16 AM
I wish they'd take pictures of what this kid was doing, so they could link that info up with the vehicle and then maybe have some kind of accountability for how much vandalism he's been responsible for? New car, well dressed kids. Must be bored. :mad:

JetBoatRich
10-06-2006, 03:35 AM
Good thing they did not pull a gun on you :rolleyes: they take this stuff serious :yuk:

HavasuSelect
10-06-2006, 05:51 AM
I hate looking at that crap. I hate it even more when those punk taggers try to say their graffiti is art. Art is not on a wall or side of a building.

lucky
10-06-2006, 05:57 AM
did they have talent , maybe we can put them to work at Billy B's -- lmao -- :cool:

Jbb
10-06-2006, 06:03 AM
Art is not on a wall or side of a building.
....Except sometimes......
http://www.ci.new-bedford.ma.us/ECONOMIC/HDC/images/WylandWalls.gif

HavasuSelect
10-06-2006, 06:12 AM
....Except sometimes......
http://www.ci.new-bedford.ma.us/ECONOMIC/HDC/images/WylandWalls.gif
LOL, You got me there......but you guys know what I'm talking about (I hope).

voodoomedman
10-06-2006, 06:14 AM
Actually you do call 911. 911 is for an emergency situation or a crime in progress. I wouldn't have pulled up on them if they were still doing it. Call 911 and let the cops sneak up on them. Unfortunately though if the cops don't catch them while they are in the act or maybe in the car and you cannot ID them then there isn't enough evidence. But if they are caught in the act they are in big trouble. Some cities also have Gang/Grafitti units that specialize in this and they do take pictures and keep track of all the graffiti around town and in surrounding cities so that when they do get someone in the act then they are hit with all the matching graffiti.
<--Has caught the little bastards and called the cops

a catered life
10-06-2006, 06:14 AM
yea we do
:p

Jbb
10-06-2006, 06:16 AM
LOL, You got me there......but you guys know what I'm talking about (I hope).
Yep ......I know what you are talking about..... :p
yet,I just couldn't resist... :p

mmered8299
10-06-2006, 06:21 AM
The government put some nice landscaping and big Tortises at the I-15/95 interchange here in Vegas. Cost us Millions of dollars. Weeks later the bastards tagged the Tortises and some walls. Mayor Goodman said he wanted to invoke a law to cut the thumbs off of the taggers. He got a lot of heat for saying so.

superdave013
10-06-2006, 06:29 AM
I wish they'd take pictures of what this kid was doing, so they could link that info up with the vehicle and then maybe have some kind of accountability for how much vandalism he's been responsible for? New car, well dressed kids. Must be bored. :mad:
They do take photos of the taggings in Anaheim. Cop took one look at my wall and knew right away what group did it. The city will paint over it here. But they take to long so a few of us pooled up a lil cart with some paint. We do make a point of painting over that crap the very next day. I e mail the pics of the taggings to the copper that works on the gang stuff.

seanv
10-06-2006, 06:37 AM
i know a while back there was a tagger caught in the act by a private cit. the tagger got the everlovin chit beat outta him and then he was painted with his own product. he had the nads to claim he was a victim in all that and that he was expressing himself through art. i say the peeps that beat him were just expressing themselfs thru the art of whoopass :crossx: :crossx:

H20Advantage
10-06-2006, 07:13 AM
Most definitely call the Police. Graffitti has become a very expensive burden on the cities and there citizens. Law Enforcement takes it seriously and will send an investigator to the vehicles registered owners home to find who was driving the car and go from there.
Depending on the dollar amount of the damage it can go from a simple misdemeanor to a felony. If it is gang related there are additional enhancements.

probablecause
10-06-2006, 07:22 AM
Even with their license plate, unless the cops get them while they are out and about and on the phone with you, more than likely, nothing will happen since it was not commited in the cop's presence. Even though minors are held to a different standard, the cops would still make you sign a citizen's arrest form.
OR you could just abide by Penal Code 847 which says:
(a) A private person who has arrested another for the commission of a public offense must, without unnecessary delay, take the person arrested before a magistrate, or deliver him or her to a peace officer.
Take him out, hog tie him, and take the long road to the Police Department.

BiggusJimbus
10-06-2006, 07:34 AM
What really amazes and pisses me off, many of these "kids" have families that have moved up from the ghettos.
So, why the uncontrollable urge to treat their new and inproved environments into ghettos?
Boggles the mind.

superdave013
10-06-2006, 07:59 AM
OR you could just abide by Penal Code 847 which says:
(a) A private person who has arrested another for the commission of a public offense must, without unnecessary delay, take the person arrested before a magistrate, or deliver him or her to a peace officer.
Take him out, hog tie him, and take the long road to the Police Department.
sounds like a good way for Mr. Joe Avg. to get shot by some 15 year old kid to me.

HM
10-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Gotta love elsinore! :D

VictoryIzMine
10-06-2006, 08:11 AM
Caught a carload of them working over a fence yesterday. Got up behind them after they took off to get the plate number. Four little punk kids, the one doing the tagging ran back to the car (sitting in the middle of the road with the door open) and off they go. It's a new Camry, and it's not faster than my truck... So they get to the stop sign at the end of the road, and I see it's about a 16 y/o girl doing the driving. She blows through the stop sign and almost gets T-boned by oncoming traffic headed both directions. Yikes!
Is there some 800 number to call and report? I hate that crap. :mad:
I see you're in Corona. They have a graffiti hot line you can call. It's (951) 278-3227. Not only will they come out and remove graffiti for free, but they will help you with reporting it to the police. A friend of mine lives in Corona and was having an issue with the grafitti degenerates tagging his wall in his alley. He used the grafitti hot line and the punks were caught and prosecuted. Hope this helps.

HM
10-06-2006, 08:22 AM
I see you're in Corona. They have a graffiti hot line you can call. It's (951) 278-3227. Not only will they come out and remove graffiti for free, but they will help you with reporting it to the police. A friend of mine lives in Corona and was having an issue with the grafitti degenerates tagging his wall in his alley. He used the grafitti hot line and the punks were caught and prosecuted. Hope this helps.
He is not in "Corona", he is in Elsinore and just likes to believe that he is in Corona because it is unicorporated Corona. Nevermind the school district is Elsinore, the phone numbers are Elsinore, the utilities are Elsinore, and that he has to call the Elsinore police. But, he lives in "Corona." Shotgun, lawn darts, rope, and a bag of lime is something he carries at all times - he must be out and is why he is not complaining about his neighbors.

probablecause
10-06-2006, 08:29 AM
sounds like a good way for Mr. Joe Avg. to get shot by some 15 year old kid to me.
I agree. After all, it is just a misdemeanor property crime. I am just providing the options for when the odds are actually in your favor.

Windy
10-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Three of our LA County Ambulances have been tagged since June...punks! :mad:

SHOTKALLIN
10-06-2006, 09:05 AM
you should have grabbed one and spraypainted his face....PACMAN

Riverkid
10-06-2006, 10:46 AM
He is not in "Corona", he is in Elsinore and just likes to believe that he is in Corona because it is unicorporated Corona. Nevermind the school district is Elsinore, the phone numbers are Elsinore, the utilities are Elsinore, and that he has to call the Elsinore police. But, he lives in "Corona." Shotgun, lawn darts, rope, and a bag of lime is something he carries at all times - he must be out and is why he is not complaining about his neighbors.
Wouldn't you know it - one of the guys is on vacation and I have his work truck here. It's got one of those commie pinko Canyon Lake gate stickers on the windshield. Better batten down the hatches 'cause I'm coming over there focker! :crossx:
We don't even bother calling the RCSD anymore. After 45 minutes you just lose interest in waiting any longer... And I did see this in Corona, my small jackass-like little buddy. That crap don't happen close to my house. :) There you go making ASSumptions again... :crossx: