PDA

View Full Version : 2000 evacuated in Apex NC.

Cheap Thrills
10-06-2006, 03:51 AM
If any of you in or around Apex / Cary NC. need anything or a place to stay until they get the mess cleared up let me know. I'm just up the mountain near Asheville.
Over 17,000 people now :eek:
C.T. :wink:

Lady Warhawk
10-06-2006, 04:58 AM
Amy & Alan, I take it your staying in Cary? Please take care. I just saw this on the news, and it looks horrible. Looks like folks will be displaced for a few days. I can't think of any boat family in Apex, but if so you're more than welcome to come here. My spare room is full of chit, but we have 2 sofa's for sleeping.

blown428fe
10-06-2006, 05:17 AM
Havnt seen the news yet, what the hell is going on down there?

Cheap Thrills
10-06-2006, 05:36 AM
Chemical waste plant explosion. Chlorine gas cloud. And a really big fire.
C.T. :wink:

Tyler&Emily
10-06-2006, 05:52 AM
I am not to far away and have room available if anyone needs a place to hang untill things clear up, I am about two miles from where it happened and all is clear here other than the rain which is not a bad thing
Chet & Melissa

nordicblue
10-06-2006, 06:29 AM
Hey guys,
Joe and I had a great time last weekend. We really appreciated you guys letting us in your group. I am in Holly Springs 6 miles from Apex, just wondering if it was all my singing that finally made it toward apex in the air and set the plant on fire?
Jimmy Brougham
(with the towable Blue Nordic) :skull:

sleekcraft76
10-06-2006, 07:24 AM
yea jim it might have been the yegerbombs in the bar! :boxed:

jets4me
10-06-2006, 10:23 AM
singing it was not that bad but i was drunk jimmy are a cool dude fun to party with and dont worry i got towed to its all good father mike

MizBubba
10-06-2006, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=Lady Warhawk]Amy & Alan, I take it your staying in Cary? Please take care. ...[QUOTE]
We're fine... we got evacuated about 1:30 am this morning. :220v: Me, Bubba, Elizabeth, & the dog headed for high ground.
My mother's house is about 6 miles away in Green Level, so we went there. All the roads in to Apex are still closed, right now. They are trying to let the fire burn itself out, since they don't want to contaminate the ground water. So far there have been about 16000 evacuated.

MizBubba
10-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Hey guys, Joe and I had a great time last weekend. We really appreciated you guys letting us in your group. I am in Holly Springs 6 miles from Apex, just wondering if it was all my singing that finally made it toward apex in the air and set the plant on fire?
Jimmy Brougham
Jim - I don't think it was yer singing that caused the explosion... someone opened that pic of yer ass, and the 'puter blew! :crossx:
Love ya, bud.
-Amy

Roostertail
10-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Damn Jim we got to see the best side of you!!!! Just kidding, we had a Great time.

jets4me
10-06-2006, 02:02 PM
amy i hope everything is ok there that was some funny shit what you said about jimm

MizBubba
10-06-2006, 02:16 PM
I drove down highway 64, and all the exits and side roads into Apex are still closed. They've brought in the PD's, fire depts, and Hazmat teams from Cary, Raleigh, Durham and Fayetteville. Flashing lights everywhere.
The media circus is in full swing. There is a helicopter hovering over the plant, so I'm hoping there will be some aerial footage on tonight's news.
The good news is that so far, no one's been seriously injured.
I'm glad I'm heading to the coast tomorrow! :cool:

Lady Warhawk
10-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Hey guys,
Joe and I had a great time last weekend. We really appreciated you guys letting us in your group. I am in Holly Springs 6 miles from Apex, just wondering if it was all my singing that finally made it toward apex in the air and set the plant on fire?
Jimmy Brougham
LMAO Jim, I've told everyone how good <snicker> you were singing. I'll say it brought the house down, but didn't cause any fires or explostions. You are definitley a man secure with himself. Best show I've seen in years. Had a great time seeing you there, and hope to see you at our next gathering :rollside:
Monica

Lady Warhawk
10-06-2006, 06:53 PM
I drove down highway 64, and all the exits and side roads into Apex are still closed. They've brought in the PD's, fire depts, and Hazmat teams from Cary, Raleigh, Durham and Fayetteville. Flashing lights everywhere.
The media circus is in full swing. There is a helicopter hovering over the plant, so I'm hoping there will be some aerial footage on tonight's news.
The good news is that so far, no one's been seriously injured.
I'm glad I'm heading to the coast tomorrow! :cool:
Heading for the coast tomorrow? Woman, have you checked the weather? Glad ya'll are OK :boxed:

Lady Warhawk
10-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Damn Jim we got to see the best side of you!!!! Just kidding, we had a Great time.
Terry, you could have a good time at Victoria's Secret :) I will say Jim put on one hellava show :messedup:

Lady Warhawk
10-06-2006, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=Lady Warhawk]Amy & Alan, I take it your staying in Cary? Please take care. ...[QUOTE]
We're fine... we got evacuated about 1:30 am this morning. :220v: Me, Bubba, Elizabeth, & the dog headed for high ground.
My mother's house is about 6 miles away in Green Level, so we went there. All the roads in to Apex are still closed, right now. They are trying to let the fire burn itself out, since they don't want to contaminate the ground water. So far there have been about 16000 evacuated.
Amy, I think it's going to get better soon. How long before ya'll can go home? Do they think any chemicals got in the rain, and in the water source?