PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Immigration...a step in the right direction

Starloans
10-06-2006, 08:00 AM
If this country ever gets illegal immigration under control, this is one of the types of things that needs to be done. It could be years before they even get this ordinance on the books but Escondido is going in the right direction.
What I think is funny is the ACLU lawyer saying that an ordinance prohibiting landlords from renting to illegals is.........illegal. LOL
Article (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northcounty/20061006-9999-7m6folo.html)

Old Texan
10-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Yesterday, in front of Abed's Mobil station on East Valley Parkway, a small group of protesters picketed.
Organizer Danny Perez said he plans to be walking the sidewalks there for the next two weeks until the second reading of the ordinance Oct. 18. “This is a little class in economics for Mr. Abed to show him what will happen if half of the people are gone,” he said.
Protesters held signs in English and Spanish saying such things as “You Don't Want Our People, We Don't Want Your Business.” The station's manager said he hadn't seen a decrease in customers.
Debra Rosen, chief executive of the Downtown Business Association, said she understands both sides of the issue but worries about how Escondido will be perceived.
The above is excerpted from Starloans article and shows the 2 biggest obstacles we face in getting illegal immigration fixed.
Mexican Americans and the illegals trying to force their economic "imact" on us as a threat. “People are stopping to get gas, and they don't need gas,” he said. This statement shows the community is standing up to the threat and supporting Concilman Abed.
The second issue is the Debra Rosens of the country worrying about the PC perception of others. Stopping the illegals is right. If we do what is right, to hell with perceptions. I applaud Escondido for standing up to the "invasion" and only hope they are considered an example and a beginning.

HighRoller
10-06-2006, 01:29 PM
One of the biggest problems in society is that people spend too much time worrying about what other people think about them. If a scumbag illegal immigrant thinks you're doing something bad, it sounds to me like you're right on track!!!

centerhill condor
10-06-2006, 02:58 PM
So let me get this straight.......Cause I am not a US citizen.... I should not be allowed to rent a house?
if you're here unlawfully you shouldn't be renting a house 'cause you shouldn't be here! I don't understand what folks don't understand...yea, we should ship all unlawful folks to where they can exist legally. We write millions of speeding tickets annually to enforce the law. We can emigrate millions annually for the same reason. It really isn't very difficult.

SmokinLowriderSS
10-06-2006, 03:24 PM
You are close, but let me help clarify it for ya.
So let me get this straight.......Cause I am not a US citizen.... If I enter the country ILLEGALLY (in violation of immigration law) I should not be allowed to rent a house?
Correct
There ya go. Should be clear as good quality crystal now.

Old Texan
10-06-2006, 07:31 PM
So let me get this straight.......Cause I am not a US citizen.... I should not be allowed to rent a house?
Why don't you invite a nice lil' Mexican family to move into your extra bedroom or your garage. They'll take care of all your clean up and laundry and in return you can feed, clothe, educate, and make sure the dentist keeps a big ol' smile on their happyass faces......
Contribute something sensible or just shut the f-- up... :crossx:

Kachina26
10-07-2006, 06:27 AM
you two aren't any fun are ya.......
Come live in one of the southern boarder states for a year or so, and you'll see why we've lost our sense of humor on this subject :mad: :mad: :mad: Our infrastructure is being choked, and if you suggest that an abundance of people here illegally is to blame, well then, you my friend are a racist! Sorry, don't see anything funny about it anymore. :cry:

Blown 472
10-07-2006, 06:46 AM
Come live in one of the southern boarder states for a year or so, and you'll see why we've lost our sense of humor on this subject :mad: :mad: :mad: Our infrastructure is being choked, and if you suggest that an abundance of people here illegally is to blame, well then, you my friend are a racist! Sorry, don't see anything funny about it anymore. :cry:
Have you contacted anyone in the gubment to complain about this or just whine on the internet about it?

CARLSON-JET
10-07-2006, 07:13 AM
This subject has certainly died with the elections comming up. We are being handed some real non political crap lately.
I have some opinions and wonder if anybody else shares my thinking.
The Corporations basically run Washington with the lobbyists. It seems obvious that they really have no interest in what the citizens of this country think ,feel, or want. Their agenda is really the bottom line and not what is good for the USA. What I'm thinking they feel is good for them, (Corps) is to keep this issue pitting one side against the other. A class warfare situation.
The top earners in this country really do not have to compete with any of the shortcomming from Illegals. While usually benifiting from depressed wages of the lower and middle working class through Higher profit margins and bigger dividends. At the same time the shift of wealth continues to grow.
We blame the Illegals, their sympathisers and the crooks in washington D.C. But not who is really controlling the laws being made in this country.
Why??

Kachina26
10-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Have you contacted anyone in the gubment to complain about this or just whine on the internet about it?Yes, I have, and still do. Did you write that on your own? Or, was it a cut and paste from somewhere?
Thanx for your concern, dipshit.

bigq
10-07-2006, 08:23 AM
This subject has certainly died with the elections comming up. We are being handed some real non political crap lately.
I have some opinions and wonder if anybody else shares my thinking.
The Corporations basically run Washington with the lobbyists. It seems obvious that they really have no interest in what the citizens of this country think ,feel, or want. Their agenda is really the bottom line and not what is good for the USA. What I'm thinking they feel is good for them, (Corps) is to keep this issue pitting one side against the other. A class warfare situation.
The top earners in this country really do not have to compete with any of the shortcomming from Illegals. While usually benifiting from depressed wages of the lower and middle working class through Higher profit margins and bigger dividends. At the same time the shift of wealth continues to grow.
We blame the Illegals, their sympathisers and the crooks in washington D.C. But not who is really controlling the laws being made in this country.
Why??
Right on track and although the fence is a nice gesture we should spend that money on prosecuting people that hire, rent, promote and sympathize with illegal immigrants. Escondido is going in the right direction. It is irritating that the actual illigals believe they have rights, I think it creates resentment for people listing to that rubbish, but you really can’t blame them look at where they are trying to come from.
I have to wonder about the illegals that come here, don’t learn English, don’t try to assimilate in any way and basically want it to be like Mexico when they are trying to get away from that shit, makes no sense. Why come here, but want it the same.

Starloans
10-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Right on track and although the fence is a nice gesture we should spend that money on prosecuting people that hire, rent, promote and sympathize with illegal immigrants. Escondido is going in the right direction. It is irritating that the actual illigals believe they have rights, I think it creates resentment for people listing to that rubbish, but you really can’t blame them look at where they are trying to come from.
I have to wonder about the illegals that come here, don’t learn English, don’t try to assimilate in any way and basically want it to be like Mexico when they are trying to get away from that shit, makes no sense. Why come here, but want it the same.
I saw what appeared to be a credible report somewhere that basically said Illegals from countries south of us really don't want to become citizens, learn english or adapt to the USA. Instead we have to adapt to them. They just want to GAIN income, social services or earn some money to SEND BACK TO THEIR FAMILIES. This can be verified by researching Western Union. Yes the money transfer people. They are a profitable publicly traded company on the NYSE. Not many Americans use WU that I know of but the illegals sure do. The report I saw also said less than 10% of illegals pick crops.
WU1 (http://www.azag.gov/press_releases/sept/2006/WesternUnionRuling.pdf)
WU2 (http://www.azag.gov/press_releases/sept/2006/WesternUnionOrder.pdf)

NashvilleBound
10-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Speaking of Illegals........... We were in Las Vegas last week and went to Circus Circus to ride the roller coaster (our gusts had never ridden one or been to LV before) Damn!!! It was total brown unit land. It was nauseating.............but the ride was good;)

Kachina26
10-07-2006, 09:47 AM
So if I owned houses in Texas and Arizona would that qualify me to make comments?
Never said you couldn't comment, just trying ta get ya cut in on why some folks don't laugh about this problem. Now, do you own houses in TX and AZ?

deltaAce
10-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Ri
They filthied up their own home (Mexico) beyond cleaning, so they just left the mess & moved to a new home (USA).

3 daytona`s
10-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Bermuda has the right idea....Just cause you are born here doesn't make you a citizen
I did up till about a year and a half ago.... too many Americans there for me :cool:
You are heading down wrong path.There is a very simple solution to those who don`t like AMERICANS,but I`ll give you 3 guesses. :rolleyes:

3 daytona`s
10-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Path? what path.... :cool:
Three guesses.....
1. free welfare
2. free healthcare
3. free education
How did I do? :rollside:
You Flunked= Suprised? The correct answer is if you don`t like Americans no problem. Feed yourself, Educate yourself,Protect yourself.Name one country on this planet we have not helped.You people could not protect yourself against a wet noodle. :idea:

deltaAce
10-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Have you actually traveled throughout Mexico?
No, but Iv'e seen pictures, heard stories,was advised not to drink the water. Iv'e heard that the citizens are friendly & hospitable, & that there are lot's of beautiful (geographic) places to visit. I would like to see little Juan & his donkey, Pedro, but I'd be afraid to go there, because the federalies are crooked & there are ruthless criminals who prey on us smiling Americans.
:)

Old Texan
10-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Hey Tex.....lick my left nut :mad:
With replies like that you sound like Stevey :rolleyes:
Get your boy Pancho to lick it......
If you have houses in TX and AZ, let some MX families use em, be a sport. Better yet just take em all back up north with ya....

Old Texan
10-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Have you contacted anyone in the gubment to complain about this or just whine on the internet about it?
The usual worthless contribution from the almighty. Have you called GWB about nuking Israel? I'm sure he's waitng for your call.......

bigq
10-08-2006, 07:12 AM
The biggest problem with Mexico isn’t the people. It’s the government. I have friends that have family still in Mexico, but they are doctors and lawyers and such, white collar stuff and then the middle class, no one is in this class and then there is the poor who the really poor have houses made of American garage doors. So the rich and corrupt sure don’t want thee poor down there so they set them up to cross over and send money back. What they need to do is stay there and fight with there own government to change, just too much drugs and money I guess. How about a nice civil war because this coming over the boarder crap isn’t going over well when 70% of Americans want the sieve turned off.

beernut
10-10-2006, 10:47 PM
like compton, you dont go out to far at nite, carry small amounts of cash(to buy your way out of trouble) dont be stupid, drink only from a sealed container(bottle) ,the natives are frendly, :skull: ,hear in mexafornia we are getting overrun, at least we can still own guns! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: