PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or....

DILLIGAF
10-06-2006, 08:40 AM
is there a lot more stuff (toys) for sale, of better quality and newer than prior times? Do you think there will be a lot more for sale in the coming months? Is most of this due to home equities being tapped out? Personally, I would never use RE equity to purchase a toy but to each his/her own.
I am thinking that come springtime some of the boats will sale but not nearly enough to stabilize the used market. I guess I sold my boat at the absolute best time prior to getting my new one.
Looks like some people with cash are going to pick up some great toys at a great price.

ROZ
10-06-2006, 08:42 AM
I've noticed the same thing... Bottom line is that the people who can really afford it will keep it...

DILLIGAF
10-06-2006, 08:44 AM
I've noticed the same thing... Bottom line is that the people who can really afford it will keep it...
Hmmmmm....
By the way, good luck on the 24th

River918
10-06-2006, 09:32 AM
I have noticed that also. I wish I would have just stepped up to a 28 or 29'er when I bought mine, then I wouldn't be trying to sell it. Another thing I noticed is that some people want something for nothing. I was actually looking at just trading mine in and the dealer had the nerve to offer my 45K for it... :) I said thanks, but no thanks...I will just keep it until it sales, or I get to enjoy another great summer on it...I'm glad I'm not being forced to sell it for financial reasons.....I'm just an idiot that always wants something different, bigger and newer..... :crossx:

Nord
10-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Its just you..............
Well yeah, houses are starting to take an adjustment, stuff costs more, the only reason why gas is low right now is because of elections.

Jyruiz
10-06-2006, 09:37 AM
I have noticed that also. I wish I would have just stepped up to a 28 or 29'er when I bought mine, then I wouldn't be trying to sell it. Another thing I noticed is that some people want something for nothing. I was actually looking at just trading mine in and the dealer had the nerve to offer my 45K for it... :) I said thanks, but no thanks...I will just keep it until it sales, or I get to enjoy another great summer on it...I'm glad I'm not being forced to sell it for financial reasons.....I'm just an idiot that always wants something different, bigger and newer..... :crossx:
F'ng dealers, and you know it would have been put up for 70k the week after you traded her in. Bastards!

Magic34
10-06-2006, 09:47 AM
F'ng dealers, and you know it would have been put up for 70k the week after you traded her in. Bastards!
You have to remember though, especially with a custom boat you buy direct. They can either make their money on a new one they build, or try to used. If they take in a used boat, they want to make the same if not more % on it than the new one.
Why would they give a high trade in value to make $5k on the boat if they make $15k on a new one? They want to sell/build a new one.

Magic34
10-06-2006, 09:48 AM
is there a lot more stuff (toys) for sale, of better quality and newer than prior times? Do you think there will be a lot more for sale in the coming months? Is most of this due to home equities being tapped out? Personally, I would never use RE equity to purchase a toy but to each his/her own.
I am thinking that come springtime some of the boats will sale but not nearly enough to stabilize the used market. I guess I sold my boat at the absolute best time prior to getting my new one.
Looks like some people with cash are going to pick up some great toys at a great price.
I know that I have 2 big items for sale. I probably look like I am going broke!
With me, the issue is that I am changing programs. I am quitting the dunes, so dont need/want the 5th wheel toy hauler anymore and the boat... I want a bigger one with a different set up. :D

Jyruiz
10-06-2006, 09:49 AM
You have to remember though, especially with a custom boat you buy direct. They can either make their money on a new one they build, or try to used. If they take in a used boat, they want to make the same if not more % on it than the new one.
Why would they give a high trade in value to make $5k on the boat if they make $15k on a new one? They want to sell/build a new one.
I hear ya, I just think 45k for that boat is a slap on the face.

Magic34
10-06-2006, 09:50 AM
I hear ya, I just think 45k for that boat is a slap on the face.
I agree, especially if the guy wants to build another. I could see it as a buy bid for it, but a trade in on a new build... That is too low. I'd be a little pissed.

DILLIGAF
10-06-2006, 09:54 AM
I know that I have 2 big items for sale. I probably look like I am going broke!
With me, the issue is that I am changing programs. I am quitting the dunes, so dont need/want the 5th wheel toy hauler anymore and the boat... I want a bigger one with a different set up. :D
I can see that is the case with you. Didn't you sale the same boat you have now and then had then build another one pretty much the same? WTF was that all about.....lol

DILLIGAF
10-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Are you still considering another SW or is it a firm decision to go to another builder?

Magic34
10-06-2006, 09:57 AM
I can see that is the case with you. Didn't you sale the same boat you have now and then had then build another one pretty much the same? WTF was that all about.....lol
Smae hull, same deck, same motors... Different gel design. They are totally different.
But yes, you are correct. :cry:

Magic34
10-06-2006, 09:58 AM
How about a 34 with a cabin and I'll take your 25 in trade. :D The cabin also has A/C! :rollside:

River918
10-06-2006, 09:58 AM
I agree, especially if the guy wants to build another. I could see it as a buy bid for it, but a trade in on a new build... That is too low. I'd be a little pissed.
Not pissed, just a little surprised. Eventually I'll get into a new ride, it will just take time....I told them what my bottom line is and they are supposed to get back to me. If not, I'll take my small bank roll and head elsewhere (Along with all the free advertising my wife and friends give with their bikini pictures.... :) )...
J/K, I'm sure it will all work out..

DILLIGAF
10-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Smae hull, same deck, same motors... Different gel design. They are totally different.
But yes, you are correct. :cry:
and....WTF was that all about? :)

Never Satisfied
10-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Dang guy has more money than he knows what to do with! He was bored with the color scheme and just built a new one! :crossx:

DILLIGAF
10-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Dang guy has more money than he knows what to do with! He was bored with the color scheme and just built a new one! :crossx:
Obviously....lol

Cole Trickle
10-06-2006, 10:04 AM
I think most of the people on this board are just looking to go in a different direction.
I am sure there are one or two peeps that are a tad over there head and need to get out of a big payment.
There are some boats on the board that are a tremendous deal and that I would love to own. Problem is if a new DCB with 300X's is selling for 30-40G's less than it would have a year ago I would take a bath on selling my boat as well.
Not to mention the rate on a new loan would be quite a bit higher.

cdog
10-06-2006, 10:10 AM
I figure if I'm gonna take less than 90k I might as well hold on to it untill spring and enjoy it for the winter and early next season. It's nice to not have to sell. We're gonna get prego. That's why we're selling. :boxed:

Biglue
10-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Good point. If I were that salesperson, I'd at least let him keep his boat in the showroom and display it for him at fair market value. Id make the money on the new build from him. As far as I see it, I've made 2 new boat sales from him, I don't need to dick him on his trade. Just my .02.

River918
10-06-2006, 11:06 AM
How about a 34 with a cabin and I'll take your 25 in trade. :D The cabin also has A/C! :rollside:
I wish I had that kind of cash....I can trade you my 25 and a case of Otter Pops..... :)

DILLIGAF
10-06-2006, 11:07 AM
I wish I had that kind of cash....I can trade you my 25 and a case of Otter Pops..... :)
Otter pops...lol I haven't seen those in a while :)

River918
10-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Good point. If I were that salesperson, I'd at least let him keep his boat in the showroom and display it for him at fair market value. Id make the money on the new build from him. As far as I see it, I've made 2 new boat sales from him, I don't need to dick him on his trade. Just my .02.
It's not the company I bought it from that I'm dealing with...I actually tried to get a price on a 29 from them and never got a call back...

Magic34
10-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Come on... you haven't even tried yet, let's give it a shot. Being able to afford something is only in ones mind. We all can afford anything we want, just depends on how innovative we are. :crossx:

Magic34
10-06-2006, 11:16 AM
That is a good one... I am just sad that you used all the rest of your wits for the year on that one.
Good job, but I dont expect much the rest of the year from you though. :crossx: :D

DILLIGAF
10-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Come on... you haven't even tried yet, let's give it a shot. Being able to afford something is only in ones mind. We all can afford anything we want, just depends on how innovative we are. :crossx:
LOL...Friggin' salesman....and shit :)

Biglue
10-06-2006, 11:17 AM
It's not the company I bought it from that I'm dealing with...I actually tried to get a price on a 29 from them and never got a call back...
I see.....I saw something about a 29 SW and assumed that's who you were going with. Either way their offer is a joke, and I'd of done the same as you.

Magic34
10-06-2006, 11:20 AM
LOL...Friggin' salesman....and shit :)
And I can get him financing at 6.22% on it too!

4DAY4PLAY
10-06-2006, 11:23 AM
Liquid money or little or no debt, will be gold the next few years when there will be some good deals on houses, condos, duplex's, etc. If you owe 100k on a boat loan, or 100k on a heloc/second due to buying the boat, thats 100k less you have to buy a property that will actually appreciate someday, versus toys that depreciate. My humble opinion.

Magic34
10-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Liquid money or little or no debt, will be gold the next few years when there will be some good deals on houses, condos, duplex's, etc. If you owe 100k on a boat loan, or 100k on a heloc/second due to buying the boat, thats 100k less you have to buy a property that will actually appreciate someday, versus toys that depreciate. My humble opinion.
Very true and you are 100% correct!!!!
But sitting at the house all weekend sucks! I cn only handle hanging out with the neighbors so much with the kids playing before I got nuts. That is usually after a hour!

Never Satisfied
10-06-2006, 12:42 PM
That is a good one... I am just sad that you used all the rest of your wits for the year on that one.
Good job, but I dont expect much the rest of the year from you though. :crossx: :D
Ya, I know! Good thing January isn't too far away! :crossx: