PDA

View Full Version : prayers for Nick Costantino

flattie440
10-07-2006, 09:45 AM
Got a call this morning from scotty and found out that Nick had just crashed the M and D performance flatty. They are flying him right now to san bernadino hospital. He is coherent right now. not to sure how the boat crashed or what, or if he came out clean so Please keep him in your prayers.

82SANGER
10-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with Nick and his family. Please keep us updated.

wsuwrhr
10-07-2006, 10:03 AM
3 miles from my house
I hope he is OK
Brian

Sangster
10-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Hope all's well...

SK48
10-07-2006, 10:26 AM
I passed the ambulance on my way into work this morning. Did not want
to hear this. They are flying him to Loma Linda but I don't have any
details. I was told that he had on all of his safety gear and that his
chute worked and kept him away from the boat. Let's pray Nick is
O.K.

RUSHIN ROULETTE
10-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you...Nick,Tony,Colette and the rest of the family..

Kurtis500
10-07-2006, 10:41 AM
ouch. We will say some prayers.

Firecracker
10-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Hate hearing things like this. Our thoughts and prayers are with the whole Costantino family.

Kurtis500
10-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Did this happen at Parker?

SK48
10-07-2006, 10:46 AM
It happened at Aha Quinn, 20 miles north of Blythe.

BIGCHRIS
10-07-2006, 11:26 AM
Hope everything turns out good thoughts and prayers

FlatStupid
10-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Thoughts are with Nick, Tony and family!

dmontzsta
10-07-2006, 01:18 PM
That sucks, my thoughts and prayers go out to him.

BILLY.B
10-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Just got a phone call from Roger Martin saying that Nick is in stable condition. Great news. Roger said that he had lost feeling in his hands & feet but that the feeling has come back. Prayers go out to Pat, Tony and Colette.

Sanger D
10-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Just got a phone call from Roger Martin saying that Nick is in stable condition. Great news. Roger said that he had lost feeling in his hands & feet but that the feeling has come back. Prayers go out to Pat, Tony and Colette........................................... .................................................. ............................GOD is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Johnwithjm
10-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Prayers go out to Nick and Tony and the whole family.

Sangerboy
10-07-2006, 02:01 PM
That's good news so far. Prayers and thoughts go out to Nick and his family. Loma Linda is the regional trauma center for the area. It is a great facility, Nick will receive top notch care. I worked at the medical center for over 10 years while going to school there.

eraser
10-07-2006, 02:02 PM
that is fantastic news! continued thoughts and prayers to nick, tony and family.

BILLY.B
10-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Roger just called me again....He told me that he stands corrected. Nick still does not have feeling from the waist down and a possible broken neck. The doctors are going to do an MRI. He is also having trouble breathing. He was going into surgey as Roger was leaving me the message. Continue praying that the loss of feeling is just temporary and that Nick comes thru better then ever..

BILLY.B
10-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Got off the phone with Tony just a bit ago and here's the latest. No broken neck. There is no feeling below the waist at this time. He has a fractured larynx and they have given him a tracheotomy so he can breath. He is in surgey at this time. Tony will call back with updates when he has them.

superdave013
10-07-2006, 04:03 PM
sorry to hear this.
Hang in there Nick.
One thing those guys did have going for them. They always wore all the saftey gear. Even at the river.

Rexone
10-07-2006, 04:26 PM
My prayers are with you Nick. Hang in there. :(

MikeF
10-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Well wishes that all turns out ok. Prayers sent. :clover:

Kurtis 784
10-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Prayers sent from my family to yours

SWS SON
10-07-2006, 05:43 PM
I Hope You Get Better Man Prayers Are Out To You This Stuff Is Dangerous Man Hes Got Big Cajonais

dmontzsta
10-07-2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the updates Billy.

Dave Sammons
10-07-2006, 06:05 PM
We're prayin' for you Nick, hang in there!

disco_charger
10-07-2006, 06:13 PM
No broken neck is a very good thing. Prayers from this house that everything turns out good.

flattie440
10-07-2006, 06:16 PM
just got done talkin to scotty who was at the hospital, said that the surgery was done, and they did a ct-scan and no broken bones in the spine. they are going to do a mri next to conferm.

Dun Flippin
10-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Billy Is Correct... I Just Got In From The Hospital. Nick Did Gain Some Feelings And Was Moving More As Time Goes On. He Had A Positive Mind Set And He Has Some Great Doctors So Things Are Looking Up. Iam Still In Shock As Well As The Family But Nick Is Strong And Will Pull Through This. I Know All Of Your Support Means Alot To Him And His Family. I Will Leave Any Further Comments To Tony To Share. Nick Is Loved My Many And With All Of Our Support He Will Be Fine.
Scott Monroe

GofastRacer
10-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Damn that sucks, glad to hear he's better prayers go out for a speedy recovery!..

pops454
10-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Thanks Scotty, That is the best news yet.......... We are all sending our love and best wishes to Nick and famiely!!!! from Palmdale :cool:
Paul.................

Kurtis500
10-07-2006, 08:11 PM
I hope he gets it all back. Sometimes damage to the vertebrae around the spinal chord area creates swelling which swells around the chord and creates temporary paralysis. When the swelling recedes, the motion returns. I hope this is all it will be.

Dragboat Dad
10-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Everyone here at our house has positive thoughts and prayers for you Nick and your family, we'll be pullin' for you. Today we wear all the safety gear, you and tony sold us on that years ago....

MandDPerformance
10-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Just wanted to say Thank You to everyone for all of your help and prayers. It looks like Dad is going to be OK :)
Yes He's banged up and hurt badly but he will recover in time. The signs are all in his favor right now for a lengthy but full recovery. CT scans show no fractures to the spinal area and good vitals. His head is definately all there. Still has numbness in the lower extremities and no movement of his right leg at all but we all feel this is due to the swelling, bruising, and inflamation surrounding and involving the spine.
Over all Prognosis: Nick Costantino will be back!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
I and Dad Love You All. Thank you all for your support prayers and help.
Aha Quinn; The best family anyone could ask for.
Hot Boaters Rule.............................................. ....

Bobbo541
10-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Sorry to here the news our prayers are with Nick and the Costantino family

pops454
10-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Thank's Tony for the update, We all are saying our prayers and wishing a kwik and good recovery and I know in the older years recovery is just a little longer........... :) :) :)
Paul....

Morg
10-07-2006, 10:10 PM
I just got back from a day at the lake. Coleman II & I were talking about the Costantino boats. Just can't beleive this has happened.
Nick & family are in our prayers.

Life's Rough
10-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Tony,
So far this is good news to a rough situation, Please keep us all up to date.
Sincerely,
Pat Eason

Bolt Nazi
10-08-2006, 01:02 AM
My Prayers Are With NICK!! ,Pat,Tony,Colette.

Dave Sammons
10-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the update Tony. Your Pop is a STRONG man in both mind and body. It is great to hear all his injuries are recoverable. I know your family will be there for him during the process, just know that your V-Drive brothers are there for you guys in thoughts and prayers as well.
Dave

flatrookie
10-08-2006, 08:34 AM
best of wishes to your dad and family glad to hear things are looking better will keep him in prayers

77charger
10-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Tony i hope things get better sad to hear about injuries and a crash.
If you need anything give me a call.

Cole Man II
10-08-2006, 10:31 AM
Nick, I know we have not met, but though the boat videos & hot boat I feel like I know you and your son. You will be in our prayers. Please hang in there, I get better soon.
Cole Man.

Monkey Bung
10-08-2006, 04:42 PM
What the F%#K what happened???? I saw that Nick crashed ...but how??? out of the gate?? mid track?? big end??? My prayers are with you Nick. Your one hell of a nice guy. Get well we are there for you.
Mark

Hud
10-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Tony, sorry to hear about your Dad! Our thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.

ColeTR2
10-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Nick hope you feel better! get well soon. Tony if you need help in any way give me a call.
- Mike

BILLY.B
10-08-2006, 09:19 PM
What the F%#K what happened???? I saw that Nick crashed ...but how??? out of the gate?? mid track?? big end??? My prayers are with you Nick. Your one hell of a nice guy. Get well we are there for you.
MarkAccording to Tony it was at about half track. Boat kept climbing and then started chine walking. When the boat started to flip it took Nick with him and the water actually ripped Nick out of the boat. Bad deal. Thank God he is going to recover. Today's update from Tony is that Nick is starting to regain some feeling in lower extremities. Still needs a few surgery's to take of some damage to his throat area. Swelling around some of the vertebra area's which when it goes down the doctor's are hopefull he'll make a full and complete recovery. Hang in there Nick. You still owe me golf!!! :rollside:

Jordy
10-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Wow, that sucks. :( :( :( Pullin' for ya here Nick. Get well soon!!! :)

beaverfab
10-09-2006, 04:55 AM
Sorry to here about Nick get well soon , thanks Billy for the update. j.j.

river redy
10-09-2006, 05:07 AM
Prayers to you all, get well soon Nick!!!!!!!

FLYTE RISK
10-09-2006, 07:55 AM
WOW, hang in there Nick, you are one cool cat always willing to share your knowlege with people. Tony, hang in there as well you guys will be allright.
David Gregerson

WILDERTHANU
10-09-2006, 07:58 AM
We all love Nick, and he is all of our hearts right now. I know how postitve Tony will stay through all of this, as the one man he is there for is the same one who instilled in him these qualities. You guys are in our thoughts every day through this. The Kreutzer family.
http://manddperformance.com/MeandDadW.jpg

Mr. V-Driver
10-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Get Well SOOOOOON!!! Safety Capsule??? Hmmmm, wonder if it would've helped???

Dun Flippin
10-09-2006, 08:13 AM
Get Well SOOOOOON!!! Safety Capsule??? Hmmmm, wonder if it would've helped???
Please dont start with all the what ifs and small talk at this time out of respect for the friends and family. At this time it wont help Nick.
Thanks.

Lefty
10-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Nick, I know we have not met, but through the boat videos & hot boat I feel like I know you and your son. You will be in our prayers. Please hang in there, and get better soon.
Cole Man.
This is exactly what I was thinking get well soon Nick.

sandgawd
10-09-2006, 09:23 AM
In the world of gearheads where there is often know-it-alls, posers and loudmouths, there is--thankfully--a few people of absolute class, intelligence, courage and just plain fun. They are the Costantinos.
Tony, Nick and Collette--me and the boys here at the Algorri garage love you guys and know you will get through this. And I hope you have some idea how many people are pulling for you.
Ernie & Sons.

Bense468
10-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to you Nick,Tony and family. GET WELL SOON.

mouzer
10-09-2006, 12:13 PM
Nick, are prayers are with you and your family, Mouzer family.

Flatbitchin
10-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Get well soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We are all pulling for you. Give me a call if I can help in any way. #(760)845-0479
Tom Farner and Family

SoCal Power
10-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Thanks to those who have been providing updates. We hope and pray that the news continues on its trend in the positive direction. Nick and the Cs are in our thoughts.
You're right about that aha family Tony, second to none. Glad to hear there were some competent people on site for your Dad.
If we can help in any way, we'll be there.
The Batistas

MandDPerformance
10-09-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the prayers everyone; they seem to be working!! :)
Dad is showing definate signs of improvement and Docs. say things are in his favor to walk again and have a great recovery. He has feeling and movement in his left leg and a little feeling in his right. These are good signs.
He does have to go through one more surgery to repair his neck. "He's already had two surgeries, one for the trach. and one to repair his fractured laryngeal cartilage in order to allow him to talk normally again." The next and hopefully the last surgery will be done in order to fix and repair the two ruptured discs in his cervical spine,"lower neck/ upper spinal cord." The fluid from these discs is creating pressure on Dads spine which is what's causing the lack of feeling and movement in his right side.
When the surgery is performed and God willing everything goes OK full range of motion and feeling will come back. :) :) :)
The surgery will be performed tonight or tomorrow depending on Dads current condition. The swelling in the area must go down before they opperate.
Thank you everyone for your Love, Prayers and support.
Tony
PS.
Before his surgery yesterday I told him about this forum as well as everyone who's been calling and He Smiled. :) Thumbs up to all of you from Nick!!!!!!!!!

wsuwrhr
10-09-2006, 01:44 PM
The wsuwrhr's are glad to hear he is doing better.
Keep your head up!!
Dad is showing definate signs of improvement and Docs. say things are in his favor to walk again and have a great recovery. He has feeling and movement in his left leg and a little feeling in his right. These are good signs.
He does have to go through one more surgery to repair his neck. "He's already had two surgeries, one for the trach. and one to repair his fractured laryngeal cartilage in order to allow him to talk normally again." The next and hopefully the last surgery will be done in order to fix and repair the two ruptured discs in his cervical spine,"lower neck/ upper spinal cord." The fluid from these discs is creating pressure on Dads spine which is what's causing the lack of feeling and movement in his right side.
When the surgery is performed and God willing everything goes OK full range of motion and feeling will come back. :) :) :)
The surgery will be performed tonight or tomorrow depending on Dads current condition. The swelling in the area must go down before they opperate.
Tony
PS.
Before his surgery yesterday I told him about this forum as well as everyone who's been calling and He Smiled. :) Thumbs up to all of you from Nick!!!!!!!!!

flattie440
10-09-2006, 02:11 PM
good to here tony... been thinking about nick and you guys all day,give me a call bud when all the smoke clears!

RUSHIN ROULETTE
10-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Great news Tony..we will keep praying....thanks for the updates...

77charger
10-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Good to hear things are getting better.Hope all gos well i am sure it will be a long recovery but hopefully things will work out and back to normal in future

Cs19
10-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Great to hear things are looking positive for Nick..Thanks for the updates. :) We've been thinking about him non stop since Sat. and praying for a full recovery.Seeing him getting airlifted out from the Quin was tough for everyone but this definatly helps, sooo glad to hear hes hangin' in there.
Ive got to say that group at AHA are an awesome group of people, they did an awesome job of getting the boat recovered and it seemed everyone was willing to do whatever it took to make it happen.
The Constantino's are one of the coolest familys you will run into at the races or the river, hopefully we see them back in action sooner than later.
Chris

Monkey Bung
10-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Tony
PS.
Tony,
Glad to here pops is doing OK. Thanks for the updates. Hang in there.
Mark

FlatStupid
10-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Tony if there is anything I could do to help call me !!!!!!!!!!!!CK

Marty Gras
10-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Happy to hear good news out of bad. Once again, it's "mind over matter", Nick's mind is repairing his body no- MATTER what the doctors say"! While Nick mends, find the problem that caused this mess. No driver is happy "on the side lines" so make things correct for his return to the track! "A winner is a winner, no matter what HE competes in" NICK YOU ARE A WINNER!!!

FlatStupid
10-09-2006, 07:21 PM
Get Well SOOOOOON!!! Safety Capsule??? Hmmmm, wonder if it would've helped??? Really??????????As always a nice touch Chief!

Bt273
10-09-2006, 07:23 PM
I am glad to hear the great news on your dad,hang in there! warm wishes to you and your family,JIM

Kimbo
10-09-2006, 07:38 PM
We Love You Nick! :) I Am Praying For You!

Rocknpalms
10-09-2006, 07:38 PM
The family and kids are very happy to read the continuing good news. Keep up with the positive attitude and hopfully a quick recovery.

aquaholic23
10-09-2006, 08:44 PM
I can't even begin to put into words how wonderful this family is and how big their hearts are. I know Nick will be ok, he is very strong and there is so much love and many prayers to help him through this difficult time. Please keep the updates coming and we will keep the prayers flowing. Love the Peterson's.

Mr. V-Driver
10-10-2006, 08:00 AM
Please dont start with all the what ifs and small talk at this time out of respect for the friends and family. At this time it wont help Nick.
Thanks.
Didn't mean any disrespect, we all LOVE "Nick"! We wish him a Speedy recovery!!!
Just my O2!!!
Maybe, safety capsules should be more looked upon, than not?!?! Future thinking!!! How can we make it more safe??? Air bags, restraints, floatation devices??? Maybe we can improve upon all this!?!?! Floating Space suit, with padding like a Football player wears???
I know it's too late now, no what if's, but for next time, thatz all! Just concerned for all out there!!!

Jetboatguru
10-10-2006, 08:21 AM
Mitch,
Nick's crash was on the river. Probably not the best place to run a capsule. The great thing about Nick and Tony is that they are always religiously, wearing their safety gear. When I heard the news I knew immediately in my head that he was in full gear. It is great to hear that he is progressing and we wish him a full speedy recovery.

Mr. V-Driver
10-10-2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks!!! This leads to my next ??? Some say that when the parachute deploys, the person hits the water feet 1st and pushes the helmut back toward the spine when it hits the water. Not sure, but they tell me lifelinejackets are too high on the neck to wear a Horseshoe neck brace/pad between the helmut and jacket for anti whip lash neck break. My pops told me about a rubber neck device that Rudy Ramos came up with that is suppose to help prevent anytype of neck/spinal injuries. Just wondering did Nick have any of these type of things or is it something we all need to look into???
Is the parachute really a safety device??? Nobody wants to get hurt, so if we can all put our heads together and come up with a better thing I think it will be beneficial to all.
All answers or input appreciated!!!

Rexone
10-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Safety is a great topic. But its not the topic of this thread. Keep this on topic please or I will. Post a different thread on the safety stuff. Thank you.

Jetboatguru
10-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Mitch, the skid collar is designed to prevent the helmet from getting "bucketed" with water. Helmet restraints are designed to keep the head and neck from being wrenched around. A safety neck collar will halp in a situation like this but it is not the best thing around. It may be the best we have in Dragboats. Nick had everything on that we would be wearing in open cockpit boats at the race. (maybe not the skid shorts and full sleeves and pants.)

Mr. V-Driver
10-10-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the info, Sorry I got off to a safety topic!!! Geeeezzz!!!

ColeTR2
10-13-2006, 08:08 AM
Tony, How is Pops doing today?
We are all think of him how is he?
Link To safety topic!!! (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2189043#post2189043)

sandgawd
10-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Any updates on Nick? I don't want to bother the family with a phone call. Still praying for him.

707dog
10-13-2006, 10:18 AM
sorry to hear this about fellow boaters..dont know the guy but he will be in my thoughts and i'll con't..to check this thread for updates...sorry fell's!!

MandDPerformance
10-20-2006, 09:05 PM
It's now been 2 weeks since the crash and 1 week today since surgery on the spinal area. 2 titanium plates in his larynx, 15 titanium screws, a titanium bracket, a bone from a participating dead candidate " thank you", and some of his own crushed up bone put in place for filler in his spine and Nick Costantino is on his long road back to freedom. After surgery Dad was virtually paralized mainly from shock and trauma; a lot worse than he was before surgery, even though the Docs. said surgery was a success.
He's been making slow but steady progress every day since. Now able to move his arms, fingers slightly, left toes, left leg slightly and his neck of all things side to side. Tomorrow, Saturday, he should be moved to a Rehab. / Physical Therapy Hospital called Casa Colina with hopes to regain all or nearly all of hills skills.. Best part of all is Dad is very optimistic and ready to rock. Bring it on he says. I'm not going to Quit!!!!!!!!!! The next 2 to 3 months are going to be the most hellacious days of his life; and he's looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll keep you posted when I know the facts and progress updates. In the meen time " Keep Haulin Ass"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)
PS
Good luck to all of my friends and everyone racing this weekend at Bako. I wish I was there with you all.

dmontzsta
10-20-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the update Nick, all the best to your pops!

Rexone
10-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanx for the update Tony. I know we're all pulling for Nick for a full recovery.

SUI-CY-COLE
10-20-2006, 09:23 PM
your prayers and ours are flowing right now.....

flattie440
10-20-2006, 09:39 PM
right on tony we've been thinking about him alot so keep us updated.....hey just like we predicted there like 16 of us in the 8 sec class....let us know when we can come see nick!!

fc-pilot
10-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Tony, good luck with your dad. I saw (and helped) my brother (Buzzz aka Wannaberacing) through the same thing. I am sure he could give you a heck of allot more accurate info that I could about what is ahead. I do know that it will be tough, but worth every second of aches and pains that happen through the whole rehab process.
Paul

Slow Burn
10-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Tony,
We're all very happy & relieved to hear the surgury was a success. Our prayers and thoughts go out to your entire family for Nicks speedy recovery.
Your A.Q. brothers

82SANGER
10-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the update. Praying for a full recovery.

Dave Sammons
10-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Tony, thanks for keeping us informed! There is no doubt that he will AMAZE his doctors during the rehab!!
Dave

RUSHIN ROULETTE
10-22-2006, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the update Tony...glad to hear your pops is on the road to recovery!!!

SK48
10-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Tony, Please post an address for the rehabilitation hospital, or PM us.
Lisa would like to send him something. Thanks Richard.

BILLY.B
10-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Hey Tony, i've been getting lots of phone calls about your dad. I've left you a couple of messages and haven't heard anything. Figured your very busy and thats understandable. So when you get time let us know. By the way I have a message for your dad from some of his friends. Thoughts & Wishes for a "Quick Recovery" Nick. From your old team at SMI.
Gene, Dan, Jason, Joesph, Geri, Jimmy, Toni B, Roy, Kari,
Ron, Billy, Ramon, Darin, Johnny, Margaret, Rosie, Irma.
Hope for the best Tony, and again when you get time give me a call. Take care bro..., and tell Nick he's still in our thoughts. Billy-B

sandgawd
10-31-2006, 03:30 PM
Nick--glad to hear about your progressing recovery and the transition to Casa Colina. That is a first-rate place and we know you will come out of this fine.
Tony & Collette--the Algorri Boys' garage is still pulling for you guys, our prayers and best wishes are with you all. Please let me know if there is anything we can do.
Ernie, Eric & Davis

Prime 8780
10-31-2006, 05:51 PM
Hey Tony,
Just wanted to let you know that we are all pulling for a speedy recovery for your dad. You guys are great people and have been great friends throughout the years. We wish you and your family all the best. Your family is definately in our thoughts and prayers.
From Mikey and all of us at Prime Marine

MandDPerformance
11-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Dad says Hi to everyone and thanks you all for the continued prayers and support.
As of right now Dad is in a Rehab. Hospital in Pomona / La Verne by the name of Casa Colina. We moved him there a week ago today. This is a wonderful state of the art facility specializing in Spinal Cord Injuries and Dad and all of us are very happy he is there.
He's got a long road ahead of him but he is making progress. Right now he is able to put his hand to his mouth which is huge progress from a week ago when he could barely lift his arm off of the bed. He's still in good spirits and wanting like hell to drive again. :cool: :cool:
Thanks a million to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep Haulin ASS!!!!!!!!!!!

Jetboatguru
11-03-2006, 05:37 PM
Tony that is great news! He's a tough bird! Tougher than his chump change kid :p
Tell him hello and congrats on his improving. Keep up the fight

GofastRacer
11-03-2006, 06:59 PM
That is great news, tell him congrats and best wishes for a speedy recovery!..

Cs19
11-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Good to hear from you Tony, great news!!!! :)
Chris

obnoxious001
11-03-2006, 08:42 PM
He's still in good spirits and wanting like hell to drive again. :cool: :cool:
Thanks a million to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep Haulin ASS!!!!!!!!!!!
Tony
Tell your dad I said hello, and that I still expect a boat ride from him for the ride I gave him in "Obnoxious" a few years back one morning at Parker. I hate to admit that I am getting old, but guess I first met Nick around 1979 at SMI when I worked for Banks.

flattie440
11-04-2006, 08:10 AM
right on.. tell him the whole westerfield family is praying for him still....keep up us updated tony!!
shane

BILLY.B
11-09-2006, 07:37 AM
I went by the hospital to see Nick Monday night but after arriving at his room I was informed by his roommate that he had been taken back to Loma Linda. I called Tony to see what was up and he told me that Nick was taken back with a staff infection in his back. Tony seemed to be very positive that Nick would be returning back to Casa Colinga by weeks end. So Nick has alittle set back but nothing he can't handle. So keep Nick in your prayers and hopefully he'll be back at the river hanging with all of us very soon.

beaverfab
11-09-2006, 08:19 AM
He has never been out. Get well soon. j.j.

mmmgood
11-13-2006, 03:42 PM
What is the latest news on Nick? How is the inferction doing?
Mike

MAXIMUS
11-13-2006, 05:07 PM
What the hell is it about this damn staff infection... A very good friend of mine just underwent some minor surgery & damn near lost his life after getting a staff infection from the hospital??? It seems its a real problem for hospitals & their patients???

Sangerboy
11-13-2006, 07:04 PM
What the hell is it about this damn staff infection... A very good friend of mine just underwent some minor surgery & damn near lost his life after getting a staff infection from the hospital??? It seems its a real problem for hospitals & their patients???
Maxi, hospital acquired infections are the absolute worst. The bugs that hang around there have been exposed multiple times to just about every antibiotic known and thus have developed resistance to treatment by antibiotics. Thus a seemingly harmless infection can develop into a life threatening situation very quickly. Among medical professionals they are known as "superbugs" and typically do not respond to normal treatments. That is probably why Nick was sent back to the Medical Center, they didn't want to take any chances. BTW not to get too picky but it is a "staph" infection (short for Staphylococcus, a particular strain of bacteria) While working at the Medical Center I would run into a lot of nurses (staff) that I would like to have been infected with. I hope Nick continues to recover with minimal complications.

ColeTR2
01-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Any update on Nick? I hope he is doing better.

coolant
01-10-2007, 02:28 PM
it's good to hear he is recovering. i hate to hear of things like this. my thoughts and prayers go out to you nick

Sangster
01-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Maxi, hospital acquired infections are the absolute worst. The bugs that hang around there have been exposed multiple times to just about every antibiotic known and thus have developed resistance to treatment by antibiotics. Thus a seemingly harmless infection can develop into a life threatening situation very quickly. Among medical professionals they are known as "superbugs" and typically do not respond to normal treatments. That is probably why Nick was sent back to the Medical Center, they didn't want to take any chances. BTW not to get too picky but it is a "staph" infection (short for Staphylococcus, a particular strain of bacteria) While working at the Medical Center I would run into a lot of nurses (staff) that I would like to have been infected with. I hope Nick continues to recover with minimal complications.
Shame on you Greg..................:D :D :D