PDA

View Full Version : Are Free Motion Wake Boards any good?

socalmoney
10-07-2006, 03:51 PM
My kids want to get wake boards, I told them maybe for Xmas. I was in Play It Again Sports today and they had Free Motion boards with bindings 40% off. They said that Free Motion was a sub-division of Liquid Force. I know nothing about wake boarding but was wondering if this was a good deal. They are $279 with 40% off that. They have the Frequency and Icon boards there. The three on the right.
http://www.wakeworld.com/wwimages/galleries/2005/expo/Expo-104.jpg

Cole Sanger
10-07-2006, 04:45 PM
I am not familar with Free Motion. I had a couple of problems with the Liquid Force brand though. Seems when they press the board together, they don't finish the edge around the board. Had this on two brand new 2006 boards. I went with Hyperlite. I think that price is way overboard for an off brand. The problem your going to have with off brand or old boards is that they are usually heavy. That won't help any rider. Have you checked out buywake.com? That is where I found my boards. I am no pro, but hopefully that helps a little. Give me a minute and I will post some good wakeboarding sites. A lot of good infomation on them.

Cole Sanger
10-07-2006, 04:47 PM
I am going to open a new thread for wakeboarding sites that I know about.

Nautitwins2
10-09-2006, 06:36 AM
I am going to open a new thread for wakeboarding sites that I know about.
Go to www.wakeworld.com

Riomouse911
10-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Never heard of them.. In the family quiver are 2 DoubleUps, 1 Hyperlite, 1 CWB, 1 LF, and an original Cassette... I HATE CWB, and love DU stuff (the Greg Nelson era). Never had a prob with LF or Hyperlite... I'd check Wakeworld or Wakeboard Magazine online and see if their forums have any write ups... :)

Cbrown
10-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Free motion is actually the company that owns Liquid Force and many other "sub" brands. I did not know that they were still producing boards under that name. More than likely those are LF boards dressed differently, the same way that HO wakeboards(found at bass pro wal-mart etc) are essentially older or very low end hyperlite boards.

socalmoney
10-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Free motion is actually the company that owns Liquid Force and many other "sub" brands. I did not know that they were still producing boards under that name. More than likely those are LF boards dressed differently, the same way that HO wakeboards(found at bass pro wal-mart etc) are essentially older or very low end hyperlite boards.
Should I look for something else. Need something for my 12yo. He can share the board with my wife.

Cole Sanger
10-14-2006, 08:40 PM
I would have to say it depends on how into it your son is or will be. A heavy uncomfortable board is what most everyone starts out on, but given a lighter comfortable board to start on will be beneficial. If he is only going to use it a couple times a year, get him anything. If he is going to use it every week, get him something he can really use and learn on. I think that price is way overboard. Right now is a great time to look around. Every website is having a sale on 05-06 boards. Like I said, I am no pro. I just hate buying things twice.

h2oski2fast
10-16-2006, 04:43 PM
I would go talk with the experts at a pro shop like Endos (Belmont Shore) or Wakesports Unlimited(they have a few locations). The reasoning is they will be better able to equipe you to match your rider's weight and ability. You don't want to end up with someone who doesn like the sport just because they had the wrong equipment when they started. Also, you can good deals at the boats shows, when they come around again.

Cole Sanger
10-17-2006, 03:37 AM
Wakeside finally put back up their good buyers guide...
http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/CTGY/wakeboard_guide

socalmoney
10-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Thanks everyone