PDA

View Full Version : Crazy used boat market

4DAY4PLAY
10-07-2006, 07:17 PM
I just opened a boat trader for the first time in probably a year, and i was amazed with the deals out there right now!!! Is this normal every fall/winter, or are people unloading right now? I didnt enjoy seeing my boat sell a few months ago, but seems like if i waited it may be still on the market!

Cole Sanger
10-07-2006, 07:20 PM
This is a perfect time of year to buy. I think Sept-Nov is the best for the southwest. After that, I think people just give up until spring. Then they jack their price back up to what it should probably be and try to sell again. I have been keeping an eye on this trend for the last couple of years.

Jyruiz
10-07-2006, 07:34 PM
I purchased mine last year around this time, and got a killer deal, so this is the best time to buy and the worst time to sell. Who knows though, with the way the housing market is going, it is probably going to get even better for buyers.

C-2
10-07-2006, 07:41 PM
I purchased mine last year around this time, and got a killer deal, so this is the best time to buy and the worst time to sell. Who knows though, with the way the housing market is going, it is probably going to get even better for buyers.
Yup, the market has been flooded all summer with boats - imagine what it will look like in December.
Less than an hour ago, I saw my neighbor lost one of his two nuts and sold his toybox. The toys are starting to go....
But it has nothing to do with our robust economy - just ask some of the RE and loan peeps on this board. It's just a hiccup.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1132sterb038-thumb.gif

HM
10-07-2006, 08:01 PM
But it has nothing to do with our robust economy - just ask some of the RE and loan peeps on this board. It's just a hiccup.
People who leverage an appreciating asset to buy depreciating assets are just stooooopeeeeed.

Daytona100
10-07-2006, 08:20 PM
People who leverage an appreciating asset to buy depreciating assets are just stooooopeeeeed.
GENIOUS!!!!!!!! :idea:

wolfie
10-07-2006, 08:32 PM
My wife thought I was crazy for looking at boats at the end of the
season (at least for Utah). I think I got a pretty good deal.

C-2
10-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Damn Holy - you are having a stellar night.
Not only do I agree with you on this - but also with your post on the cheating thread - the one where you say men are Pavlov dogs and it doesn't take much for our women to rule with heavy leashes - I liked that one too http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1132happy0158-thumb.gif

HM
10-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Damn Holy - you are having a stellar night.
Not only do I agree with you on this - but also with your post on the cheating thread - the one where you say men are Pavlov dogs and it doesn't take much for our women to rule with heavy leashes - I liked that one too http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1132happy0158-thumb.gif
Probably falls under the heading of "shit happens" :D

SHOTKALLIN
10-07-2006, 09:01 PM
yeah but they sure look COOL!!! :cool: sitting in the channel and shiat.
some people even sell property to buy toys.

4DAY4PLAY
10-07-2006, 09:13 PM
yeah but they sure look COOL!!! :cool: sitting in the channel and shiat.
some people even sell property to buy toys.
Yeah ask Ivan Dan, he said in another post hes selling his house and then going to buy a boat, in reality i think since hes a RE agent, he knows the market is correcting, trying to sell his house for top of the market (or near) price to buy 2 houses at a reduced price after a while! But him and every other RE agent will be the last to say theres a going to be a correction.

HM
10-07-2006, 09:28 PM
Yeah ask Ivan Dan, he said in another post hes selling his house and then going to buy a boat, in reality i think since hes a RE agent, he knows the market is correcting, trying to sell his house for top of the market (or near) price to buy 2 houses at a reduced price after a while! But him and every other RE agent will be the last to say theres a going to be a correction.
Hey, I am a RE broker, and I think the correction is already happening. How bad will it be? Well, real estate is not known for "soft" landings. There will be a burst. I don't know if it will be now, or later. Lots of people waiting for it to happen sort of setting up a self fulfilling prophecy. Who knows..I will make money either way. I am doing a few foreclosure purchases, but I am doing them out of state.
People have been predicting a burst for over 5 years now. So what. Bursts are not good or bad. Bubbles are not good or bad. That is just how it works. When you understand how it works, you understand how to make money in it. If you are buying at the peak of the bubble, be prepared to ride it out. Oh, and get all your equity out while it is there as it may be the thing that actually helps you through the burst - JUST DON'T BUY TOYS WITH IT!!!