PDA

View Full Version : North Korea Tests Nukes Today

BajaMike
10-08-2006, 07:06 PM
From CNN....
"SEOUL, South Korea (AP) -- South Korean government officials said North Korea performed its first nuclear weapons test Monday, the South's Yonhap news agency reported
North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported the country has performed a successful nuclear test.
According to KCNA, there was no radioactive leakage from the site.
South Korean officials could not immediately confirm the Yonhap report.
South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun convened an urgent meeting of security advisers over the issue, Yonhap reported.
The North said last week it would conduct a nuclear test as part of its deterrent against a possible U.S. invasion.''
Scary......

dmontzsta
10-08-2006, 07:10 PM
They must be retarded or something.

SHOTKALLIN
10-08-2006, 07:12 PM
someone should nuke them...just not the U.S. Let someone else take out the trash for a change. Its like we are everyone's B I T C H or something.

RitcheyRch
10-08-2006, 07:14 PM
Hopefully China or Japan will take care of them.

Jordy
10-08-2006, 08:13 PM
Mohammed Jihad Durka Durka!!!! I'm so ronry. :D :D :D

MBlaster
10-08-2006, 08:41 PM
NK is one of the most heavily militarized nations on earth. Japan would not stand a chance, plus they have no nukes. China is the wildcard.
Watch for major market selloff in the morning. Hold on to your hats on this one.

MBlaster
10-08-2006, 08:45 PM
USGS confirms.
looks like they got their 400 kiloton blast afterall.
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Maps/10/130_40.php

MBlaster
10-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Better fill up tomorrow, I bet gas will bump up.

SoCalSouthpaw
10-08-2006, 08:52 PM
You know.....did you see the gotdamn budget, and deficit we got goin on currently? I say FOCK everyone else. Lets take care of our own. I mean shiiiiit, do you see any other country taking the helm?

502 JET
10-08-2006, 08:53 PM
Magnitude 4.2 - NORTH KOREA WOW! :eek:

MBlaster
10-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Here's some interesting photos to check out.
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=82755

Misogynist
10-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Mohammed Jihad Durka Durka!!!! I'm so ronry. :D :D :D
Jihad Jihad.. Mohammed Mohammed Jihad Jihad..... That's some fine acting! :220v:

lewiville
10-08-2006, 09:24 PM
any news on what we are prepairing to do?

centerhill condor
10-09-2006, 03:59 AM
I expect we'll continue to "gum them to death"...the thing that is alarming is that it is reported to be a small device...for a small missile. This is the real threat of the early 21st century.
This is trouble in a prolifterating and destabilizing way...btw Japan is a world leader in nuke technology and building a bomb is merely a formality.
This will be solved by the Japs either in a leadership role or in direct military action. They have a new PM and he's ready to spool up the consitution so as to reinstate "bushido".
An additional problem is the people of DPRK starving to death while their dictator lives like a king. Their military may be large but it has no bench, or substantial supplies, or no chance against a "modern" coordinated pre-emptive sustained attack.
Fortunately, we have a plan and a system to protect ourselves from such threats. We will make nuclear missiles obsolete. This is the promise of the early 21st century.
Look for a lot of talk and many more deaths from starvation...possible coup or assasination. /\ 'bout time!

SmokinLowriderSS
10-09-2006, 04:11 AM
Considering that China has been carrying them ever since the war, and are their only supplier, China won't do much either. They let N.K. have enough leash to keep the rest of the world agitated but won't actually LET them do anything horrifically stupid, like actually nuke anyone.
Due to 50 years of N.K. govt education, all (damn near all) the N Koreans actually believe that the US and S Korea invaded THEM back in June of 1950. They've fed that lie to 3 generations now.

RitcheyRch
10-09-2006, 04:38 AM
Agree, the market going to take a beating this morning. I heard Japan and China both have told NK not to test the nuke. So would assume (yeah I know) that NK wouldnt do it. I figured NK would threaten to test in an attempt to bribe more money from the US and other countries.
NK is one of the most heavily militarized nations on earth. Japan would not stand a chance, plus they have no nukes. China is the wildcard.
Watch for major market selloff in the morning. Hold on to your hats on this one.

Liberator TJ1984
10-09-2006, 05:45 AM
USGS confirms.
looks like they got their 400 kiloton blast afterall.
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Maps/10/130_40.php
Dang Cali. !!!
You guy's sure got them Beat !!! :p
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsus/Maps/US10/32.42.-125.-115.gif

CA Stu
10-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Better fill up tomorrow, I bet gas will bump up.
Warren Buffet, izzat you? :rolleyes:
Thanks
CA Stu