PDA

View Full Version : Interesting "turn" of events......

rrrr
10-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Got home from the weekend deal at Plowman's, had a blast with all of the usual suspects.....
We were backing into the driveway, gonna put the v-drive and the pickup next to the house until tomorrow, then take 'em to our place near the lake in Farmersville.
I turned the steering wheel against the stop to swing in off the alley and there was a "pop".....steering wheel goes roundy-roundy....the shaft broke inside the gearbox. Had to push the boat next to the house and backed the truck into the driveway in a sorta arc because no can steer it... :D
Guess I'll get be buying a new steering box tomorrow....... :rollside: Glad that didn't happen on I-35 while we were running 70 in traffic..... :220v:
Thanks to everyone for a great weekend!!!

sdba069
10-08-2006, 07:58 PM
Timing is everything !! Better lucky than good !!

Brazos River Rat
10-09-2006, 03:09 AM
Got home from the weekend deal at Plowman's, had a blast with all of the usual suspects.....
We were backing into the driveway, gonna put the v-drive and the pickup next to the house until tomorrow, then take 'em to our place near the lake in Farmersville.
I turned the steering wheel against the stop to swing in off the alley and there was a "pop".....steering wheel goes roundy-roundy....the shaft broke inside the gearbox. Had to push the boat next to the house and backed the truck into the driveway in a sorta arc because no can steer it... :D
Guess I'll get be buying a new steering box tomorrow....... :rollside: Glad that didn't happen on I-35 while we were running 70 in traffic..... :220v:
I am happy that did not happen when I was taking you back and forth to the ramp. Maybe Tuesday I can post a picture of mine and your pick up sitting side by side , with the blown alcohol boat behind them floating in the water. Glad I got to spend some time with you this year . Had a blast getting beat all day. It's all fun ..
Had fun helping the guys out from OK, Hope they make it next year .

olbiezer
10-09-2006, 04:10 AM
wow rrrr u were luckey.......i just had another maypop trailer tire let go at 70 in i 20......thats two for the weekend lol...... :) :rollside: i can safely say i do have the trie change thing down now to about 20 min all around.....me and the tire store are going to be real friendly this afternoon....glad u made it back home ok....it was fun....what mix of boats out there all weekend......

jetboat
10-09-2006, 04:46 AM
glad to here it happened in your drive way.pleasure metting you this weekend.remember,the21,22 of this mounth a t texoma for the airshow at cedar mills.