PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know any good repairs shops in LA area?

VanDeano
10-09-2006, 04:38 PM
I was changing the oil in my outdrive (Bravo 1) and notice metal shavings on lower and upper drain plugs. I was hoping maybe someone on here knows any credible repairs shops that can check it out. Im also debating if Im better off just buying a brand new one. I can get a Bravo 1 brand new with a 2 year warranty for $3,999.00.

dicudmore
10-09-2006, 06:04 PM
how much metal? A little bit is normal...
quality performance in corona
b&d in el monte

phebus
10-09-2006, 06:20 PM
It's normal to have metal "fuzz" on the magnetic plugs, but if it's pieces, rebuild it now before it comes apart.

VanDeano
10-10-2006, 01:18 AM
Here is a picture of upper plug
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/786Picture_211_edited-med.jpg

Huckleberry
10-10-2006, 01:33 AM
That seems to be a little bit too much metal fuzz in my opinion. I've had a few shavings, but nowhere near as much as your pic. I second the recommendation of Quality Performance Marine in Corona. Rob is a straight shooter. They're not the cheapest in town, but a wise man once told me:
When you pay good money for first quality, you only cry once!

VanDeano
10-10-2006, 02:02 AM
That seems to be a little bit too much metal fuzz in my opinion. I've had a few shavings, but nowhere near as much as your pic. I second the recommendation of Quality Performance Marine in Corona. Rob is a straight shooter. They're not the cheapest in town, but a wise man once told me:
When you pay good money for first quality, you only cry once!
When I bought the boat 2 years ago the seller told me the outdrive was just rebuilt by Quality Performance Marine with zero hrs on it. Since then I put about 100 hrs on it. The seller assured me that Quality Marine would still warranty it for me if something should happen, but that was only for 1 year and now it has been 2 years. Maybe Quality will cut me a break or something.

Huckleberry
10-10-2006, 04:15 AM
Give Rob a call and give him the straight scoop. He's a decent guy. I'm sure he'll work with ya if possible. I know he was good to me when I had my Lavey.

phebus
10-10-2006, 07:04 AM
When was the last time you changed the oil in your outdrive? If this is the first time it has been changed, and you have 100 hrs. since the rebuild, that could just be normal wear. I change mine quite often, and always have shavings on the plugs. Also, if the oil hasn't been changed since the rebuild, it's possible some of the shavings remained in the case if it wasn't flushed out good, and aren't from your gears at all.

atomickitn
10-10-2006, 08:03 AM
hands down the best shop that we (dana boats ) and my self personaly would send anything to is B&D marine ,, they are located in the san gabrial valley between the 10/210 frwys they do outstanding work ...