PDA

View Full Version : Shifty Little phucher...No Nuke!

JB in so cal
10-09-2006, 06:47 PM
U.S. intelligence agencies say, based on preliminary indications, that North Korea did not produce its first nuclear blast yesterday, WASHINGTON TIMES star reporter Bill Gertz is set to report in Tuesday editions.
U.S. officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that seismic readings show that the conventional high explosives used to create a chain reaction in a plutonium-based device went off, but that the blast's readings were shy of a typical nuclear detonation.
'There was a seismic event that registered about 4 on the Richter scale, but it still isn't clear if it was a nuclear test. You can get that kind of seismic reading from high explosives.'
The underground explosion, which Pyongyang dubbed a historic nuclear test, is thought to have been the equivalent of several hundred tons of TNT, far short of the several thousand tons of TNT, or kilotons, that are signs of a nuclear blast, the official said.

KreatinKaos
10-09-2006, 06:52 PM
We should send them a nuke so they can see first hand what a real nuke does when detonated :crossx:

RitcheyRch
10-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Ditto that
We should send them a nuke so they can see first hand what a real nuke does when detonated :crossx:

Froggystyle
10-09-2006, 07:00 PM
I dunno. I still don't know that it wasn't a low-yield. The day I start getting my news from the Washington Times...
There are a million ways for it to go wrong. I believe they have a very, very irradiated cavern right now with a lifetimes worth of collecting the irridescent stuff off of old Timex faces all over it.
One of the only good things about the sanctions is, the odds of that sawed off little tyrant getting a hold of good nuclear material are pretty slim. China doesn't even have the great stuff. Ours is like Columbian pure Coke. Theirs... not so much.
Plus, if they needed enough explosives to create a 4.2 on the richter scale to light it off... then nobody is in any danger because there isn't a missle around that will carry a "several hundred ton payload of TNT" to deliver a nuke.
C4 has a much higher explosive rating than TNT, but it is 1.4 to 1.0. So, it is still over 150 tons of C4.
Ours use about 12 pounds BTW...
I can't wait to see the south park about this if it is just a miserable failure.

JB in so cal
10-09-2006, 07:31 PM
"Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooo, Hanzzz Brix??!!!"
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/team_america__world_police/adversary.jpg

dirty old man
10-10-2006, 07:20 AM
So what do you do with one little Nuke? If you attack a neighbor or a friend of the US, you've just committed suicide. What the hell is he thinking?

Tom Brown
10-10-2006, 07:24 AM
According to CNN, it will take analysts about a week to determine if the blast was nuclear, or not.

OGShocker
10-10-2006, 07:30 AM
"Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooo, Hanzzz Brix??!!!"
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/paramount_pictures/team_america__world_police/adversary.jpg
America... FUK YEAH!!! :D

SHOTKALLIN
10-10-2006, 07:31 AM
So what do you do with one little Nuke? If you attack a neighbor or a friend of the US, you've just committed suicide. What the hell is he thinking?
You hold asian countries like Japan hostage. They dont have a nuke and will pay a kings ransom not to be nuked. N. Korea may not have a nuke but he has a pretty good poker face.

dirty old man
10-10-2006, 08:00 AM
shotk, I certainly hope the threat of a questionable nuke can't intimidate Japan

IMPATIENT 1
10-10-2006, 08:13 AM
DAMN SKIPPY!!! bet a couple of our tactical nukes would bring that s.o.b. to his knees, and it would be cheaper than a ground assault!

IMPATIENT 1
10-10-2006, 08:18 AM
shotk, I certainly hope the threat of a questionable nuke can't intimidate Japan
you honestly think we don't have a couple of missiles already there is case of such a situation, remember they're our "allies" and i bet they let us put a few silo's there somewhere.let the japenese have the option of nukin the n. koreans, they've took the nuclear punishments, its time to let them dish it out too.

dirty old man
10-10-2006, 08:58 AM
Impatient 1, no I don't think there are any nukes in the Japanese arsonal. After WWII, they banned even nuclear powered ship in the US Navy from entering their ports. But, we can hit them from anywhere in the world anyway, thats whats our subs are for

Froggystyle
10-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Impatient 1, no I don't think there are any nukes in the Japanese arsonal. After WWII, they banned even nuclear powered ship in the US Navy from entering their ports. But, we can hit them from anywhere in the world anyway, thats whats our subs are for
There is currently a nuclear powered carrier being stationed in Japan, and a whole battle group is being sent to cover our interests in Japan. It is one of the things that is catalyzing the problem over there. Japan now becomes more reliant upon it's allies for protection and thrusts us in between two traditional enemies.

Misogynist
10-10-2006, 09:08 AM
Somehow I knew, no one could pass up some lines from " Team America... World Police".... hahahahahahahahhaahahaha.......... :crossx:

JB in so cal
10-10-2006, 09:40 AM
Somehow I knew, no one could pass up some lines from " Team America... World Police".... hahahahahahahahhaahahaha.......... :crossx:
...."I'm so ronryyyy... so ronryyyyyy...."

dirty old man
10-10-2006, 10:53 AM
froggy, if your are correct, thanks for the update. we should be able to park our nuclear powered ships anywhere we want, considering the past

SmokinLowriderSS
10-10-2006, 03:14 PM
I got the deep-scoop on the N Korean nuke test yesterday evening, on the radio, while changing shocks on my truck. The caller filled in all the facts below, I'm just the relay point. :argue:
Yep, It didn't actually happen.
Yep, that's right. There was NO UNDERGROUND NUKE BLAST.
What it was was a conventional blast, just to shake the ground a bit. 1/2-kiloton is only 500tons of TNT, 1 million pounds.
The cause of it? It was done at the request of the Bush Administration.
How? Because the N Koreans want/get $$$$ from the US gubment.
Why? To get Congressman Foley off the front page of the news.
I originally posted this last night when it was fresh over in Pol. Rhet. :p

burtandnancy
10-10-2006, 03:19 PM
SS, you are kiddin' aren't you...

SmokinLowriderSS
10-10-2006, 04:44 PM
No, I'm not. (do note I never said I believe it)
I just happened to have the radio making noise in the background while changing front shocks on my truck, Michael Savage I think it was was on, and a caller explained this to all the listeners.