PDA

View Full Version : First trip to Havasu

talbert450r
10-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Im making my first ever trip to Havasu on 10/13/06-10/17/06. Are there any hazards I should be aware of? Best place to launch? Nightlife off the lake? Who else will be there that weekend? :rollside:

Todd969
10-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Im making my first ever trip to Havasu on 10/13/06-10/17/06. Are there any hazards I should be aware of? Best place to launch? Nightlife off the lake? Who else will be there that weekend? :rollside:
Have a great time. Your 24' should be ok at the marina. Nightlife? there's a couple places Red room, Kokomo's, Maddogs. We'll be out Saturday in this :sqeyes:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1634100_0527.JPG

voodoomedman
10-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Water will be low this weekend. I would reccomend launching at the North Ramp (do not use the South) at Windsor and staying in the middle. Either that or go south of town about 10 miles and Launch at Cattail. There are only two things to really watch out for once you are on the lake. Since the water is low be carefule in the back of coves. There are fish hotels down there. Just have someone be on the lookout and you will be fine. It's only an issue since the water is low. They are supposed to be made of PVC though so they shouldn't cause any damage if you do get unlucky. Other hazard is at the mouth of the river. You are new so do not try and go upriver this weekend. Sandbar and such can be fun but I guarantee you that you will soft ground your boat at the mouth of the river. I will be there this weekend. If you see a 24 Stealth on the lake and say dang I should have gotten that gelcoat (not that JW would repeat my color scheme for you) then that is me. Say hi and I'll tell you anything you want to know about the lake. It will be pulled by a lifted Yellow Chevy and I will be launching at Windsor North Ramp on Saturday probably between 7 and 8.

voodoomedman
10-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Have a great time. Your 24' should be ok at the marina. Nightlife? there's a couple places Red room, Kokomo's, Maddogs. We'll be out Saturday in this :sqeyes:
[/IMG]
Besides them being jerks at the Marina... I remember I think last year that when the water was low that Kilrtoy dinged his prop next to the buoy at the entrance to the Marina so if you do go this route then be careful. Windsor North Ramp will look scary low but you are fine if you launch in the middle and stay in the middle past the docks and then back out right toward the buoy line. I've seen Large Fountains and such do this with the water level low.

slowinhavasu
10-09-2006, 07:38 PM
YO BRO....taking out the "other" boat.....cool..
Talbert, Welcome to Havasu...have a great time, I'll be the long hair having a good time.......party on.... :crossx:

talbert450r
10-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks for all the good info everyone. I can't wait to check it out. Hope to meet some of you out there. :crossx:

dicudmore
10-09-2006, 07:45 PM
holy shiat the NORDIC is making an appearance :cool:
Hey Todd can I drive?? :crossx:

Devil's Advocate
10-09-2006, 07:49 PM
First trip huh? What happens in Havi, stays in Havi... :crossx:
Have fun! :rollside:

dicudmore
10-09-2006, 07:50 PM
running the sticks on this saturday (if its running by saturday :220v: )
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/iB_html/uploads/post-2-54842-spectre_cat_001.jpg
sunday...be out on the Shadow for the last ride :cry:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385tmpphprSCWD4.jpg

talbert450r
10-09-2006, 07:54 PM
Why did you have to show me another pic of that shadow :mad: Soon you will make me do something irrational with the check book because you know I want it but can't have it. :D

shippingguy
10-09-2006, 08:01 PM
You are going to really enjoy it. Best time of the year out there. Have fun. Wish we could join ya.

Todd969
10-09-2006, 08:03 PM
You are going to really enjoy it. Best time of the year out there. Have fun. Wish we could join ya.
Look who came outta the woodwork. How are ya Mike? Coming out anytime soon?

shippingguy
10-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Look who came outta the woodwork. How are ya Mike? Coming out anytime soon?
What's up Todd how are you guys? Well the boat is not done yet. It just got to interior today. We will probably be out right after Halloween for a week. Hopefully the weather will still be nice. We will definitely get together wehn we get out there. I am having some serious withdrawls. Boatless since June. It is killing me!!

voodoomedman
10-09-2006, 08:11 PM
What's the holdup? I'm guessing the upholstery shop? I guess you have to wait for quality!
You are more the welcome to cruise slow in our 24 Stealth if you really have the itch to come out.

shippingguy
10-09-2006, 08:14 PM
What's the holdup? I'm guessing the upholstery shop? I guess you have to wait for quality!
You are more the welcome to cruise slow in our 24 Stealth if you really have the itch to come out.
No hold up there. There is just alot to rig on this boat. We also have to get the rubrail painted etc. I appreciate the offer. Actually it is mine and Holly's 1 year wedding anniversary this Sunday so we are going to hang here. Our original plan was to come out and celebrate for a week, but we will have to wait. No biggie. We will see you guys soon. Thanks again.

Todd969
10-09-2006, 08:15 PM
What's up Todd how are you guys? Well the boat is not done yet. It just got to interior today. We will probably be out right after Halloween for a week. Hopefully the weather will still be nice. We will definitely get together wehn we get out there. I am having some serious withdrawls. Boatless since June. It is killing me!!
We'll be here :) It would be great to spend some time with you and Holly. Just let us know for sure when.

shippingguy
10-09-2006, 08:16 PM
We'll be here :) It would be great to spend some time with you and Holly. Just let us know for sure when.
We will DEFINITELY!! Tell Dana we say hello.

voodoomedman
10-09-2006, 08:17 PM
No hold up there. There is just alot to rig on this boat. We also have to get the rubrail painted etc. I appreciate the offer. Actually it is mine and Holly's 1 year wedding anniversary this Sunday so we are going to hang here. Our original plan was to come out and celebrate for a week, but we will have to wait. No biggie. We will see you guys soon. Thanks again.
No problem. Congratulations on the Anniversary. I think I'm hearing the pitter patter of little feet. :D Can't wait to see that boat finished up. The hull pics we saw were killer.

dicudmore
10-09-2006, 08:19 PM
No problem. Congratulations on the Anniversary. I think I'm hearing the pitter patter of little feet. :D Can't wait to see that boat finished up. The hull pics we saw were killer.
that reminds me...MIKE, I swear I DID NOT touch her :wink:

dicudmore
10-09-2006, 08:20 PM
excuses excuses...just get out here and run with us :cool:
happy anniv too :D

shippingguy
10-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Thank you. No pitter patter here anytime soon. Probably wait another year or so. Thanks for the compliments. I will have MRSULTRA27 get some updated pics on here this week.
Very funny Dan, thanks I was getting worried :)

dicudmore
10-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Thank you. No pitter patter here anytime soon. Probably wait another year or so. Thanks for the compliments. I will have MRSULTRA27 get some updated pics on here this week.
Very funny Dan, thanks I was getting worried :)
I thought I better clarify that since we both know I'm her favorite :wink:
oh, and its about time we get some more pics :cool:

shippingguy
10-09-2006, 08:40 PM
I thought I better clarify that since we both know I'm her favorite :wink:
oh, and its about time we get some more pics :cool:
I know you are, but htat is supposed to be classified. She has to say that about all the Ultra owners, but she means it about you :rollside: I may have MRSULTRA27 put some more up this week or just wait to bring it out in person :boxed:

voodoomedman
10-09-2006, 08:42 PM
We want pics now. :crossx: We won't be out there the same time you are.
Smart idea with the kids. We wanted to spend our first few years together as a couple before kids and it worked out great. Once we had him though we don't know what we ever did before him.

dicudmore
10-09-2006, 08:46 PM
I know you are, but htat is supposed to be classified. She has to say that about all the Ultra owners, but she means it about you :rollside: I may have MRSULTRA27 put some more up this week or just wait to bring it out in person :boxed:
at this point...just bring it out in person :cool:
maybe post the pics as you drive away with it, but not sooner...

voodoomedman
10-09-2006, 08:47 PM
at this point...just bring it out in person :cool:
maybe post the pics as you drive away with it, but not sooner...
Shutup Dan I want pics.
Well maybe some emails are in order again.
:rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

shippingguy
10-09-2006, 08:47 PM
We want pics now. :crossx: We won't be out there the same time you are.
Smart idea with the kids. We wanted to spend our first few years together as a couple before kids and it worked out great. Once we had him though we don't know what we ever did before him.
Yeah same here. I will get some pics on Wednesday, maybe :yuk:

ratso
10-09-2006, 11:07 PM
First trip huh? What happens in Havi, stays in Havi... :crossx:
Have fun! :rollside:
Thank God...

talbert450r
10-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Congrats on your one year anniversary :rollside:

shippingguy
10-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Congrats on your one year anniversary :rollside:
Thanks buddy. Enjoy that boat. You are ging to have a blast. We will be out there shortly to join ya. Lots of winter boating ahead for us. See you out there soon.

dicudmore
10-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks buddy. Enjoy that boat. You are ging to have a blast. We will be out there shortly to join ya. Lots of winter boating ahead for us. See you out there soon.
have to run all winter when you take all summer off :rolleyes:

talbert450r
10-10-2006, 01:27 PM
My next trip will be end of oct, mabee your boat will be done by then so we can race :D

dicudmore
10-10-2006, 01:29 PM
My next trip will be end of oct, mabee your boat will be done by then so we can race :D
Mike...I have an oar you can borrow :D

talbert450r
10-10-2006, 01:29 PM
Mike...I have an oar you can borrow :D
No cheating :boxed:

dicudmore
10-10-2006, 01:32 PM
No cheating :boxed:
just trying to even up the odds :D
gonna be hard to run since his ride is not done...

shippingguy
10-10-2006, 01:34 PM
have to run all winter when you take all summer off :rolleyes:
That's right Cudmore. Smart boating here. Wait till winter when gas prices drop :p
Talbert our boat will definitely be done by the end of the month. There is a possibility it could be ready for the weekend of the 20th. Keeping our fingers crossed.

talbert450r
10-10-2006, 01:34 PM
I think his boat with no motor and a good tail wind would beat me at W.O.T. :rollside:

dicudmore
10-10-2006, 01:35 PM
That's right Cudmore. Smart boating here. Wait till winter when gas prices drop :p
Talbert our boat will definitely be done by the end of the month. There is a possibility it could be ready for the weekend of the 20th. Keeping our fingers crossed.
thats a valid point...87 was $2.15 in Havi last weekend :)
my fingers are crossed too...I wanna see this thing :D

shippingguy
10-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the support. May be you can race him for me.......Oh wait you do not have a boat anymore....mmmmmm :crossx:

dicudmore
10-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the support. May be you can race him for me.......Oh wait you do not have a boat anymore....mmmmmm :crossx:
I'll steer...you paddle? :D

shippingguy
10-10-2006, 01:38 PM
thats a valid point...87 was $2.15 in Havi last weekend :)
my fingers are crossed too...I wanna see this thing :D
Yep, but now I need to know the price of 91......It is looking good....Talbert you are going to love your boat and it is going to run will nice. I just cannot wait to get out there on the water with everybody again. :p

talbert450r
10-10-2006, 01:40 PM
I think the extra weight of having two people in the boat will be an unfair advantage to me :)

dicudmore
10-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Yep, but now I need to know the price of 91......It is looking good....Talbert you are going to love your boat and it is going to run will nice. I just cannot wait to get out there on the water with everybody again. :p
last weekend approx 2.40...that reminds me...I need to keep that 91 price in mind also :220v:

dicudmore
10-10-2006, 01:41 PM
I think the extra weight of having two people in the boat will be an unfair advantage to me :)
3...don't think we're doing any racing without MrsUltra27 do ya??

shippingguy
10-10-2006, 01:42 PM
No I will steer. You have been working the sticks all summer so you may be able to work the oar better and get more speed out of it :rollside:

dicudmore
10-10-2006, 01:42 PM
No I will steer. You have been working the sticks all summer so you may be able to work the oar better and get more speed out of it :rollside:
ok I'm still in for this :cool:

talbert450r
10-10-2006, 01:43 PM
You all will have no chance then, Ill unleash my mind boggling 350hp on you. LOL :boxed:

That Guy
10-10-2006, 01:43 PM
running the sticks on this saturday (if its running by saturday :220v: )
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/iB_html/uploads/post-2-54842-spectre_cat_001.jpg
Hey dicudmore...where was this pic taken? Looks familiar...thanks. :)

shippingguy
10-10-2006, 01:44 PM
She does not mind the speed, but as for racing I do not think she will be joining us. Plus why race. Our boat is only going to run 65 :) . Geee... Why would you need 91 all of sudden :crossx:

talbert450r
10-10-2006, 01:45 PM
You all will have no chance then, Ill unleash my mind boggling 350hp on you. LOL :boxed:
With earth shaking speeds in excess of 35MPH :cool:

shippingguy
10-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Hey, don't cut yourself short you have 375HP. :boxed:

dicudmore
10-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Hey dicudmore...where was this pic taken? Looks familiar...thanks. :)
I think its called "super storage"?? straight up Kiowa about a block from Lake Havasu Ave

talbert450r
10-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Hey, don't cut yourself short you have 375HP. :boxed:
Oh yeah, That pushes my earth shaking top speed to 36.5 MPH :) Must be the fastest boat this side of the Mississippi River :rollside:

That Guy
10-10-2006, 01:49 PM
I think its called "super storage"?? straight up Kiowa about a block from Lake Havasu Ave
:) :)

shippingguy
10-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Oh yeah, That pushes my earth shaking top speed to 36.5 MPH :) Must be the fastest boat this side of the Mississippi River :rollside:
May not be the fastest, but is a joy to drive and looks awesome and will be reliable for years to come....Well that is till you upgrade to the 27 next year :rollside:

talbert450r
10-10-2006, 01:54 PM
May not be the fastest, but is a joy to drive and looks awesome and will be reliable for years to come....Well that is till you upgrade to the 27 next year :rollside:
Except for that small prob. with the hydraulic trim pump, which Ultra had it fixed before I could bat an eye.

dicudmore
10-10-2006, 01:55 PM
trust me...he speaks from experience...
talbert whatever you do...if your checkbook is not ready...do not let this guy take you for a demo ride...

dicudmore
10-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Except for that small prob. with the hydraulic trim pump, which Ultra had it fixed before I could bat an eye.
good people at Ultra...I recommend them highly :cool:

Queenbee
10-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Hey.....
My husband and I went to Havi for the 1st time the last weekend in September. It was great.. Copper Canyon all the way to Topock and a bit beyond....no kids either!!!!!!!!!!! :rollside:
It was shallow even for our little boat on the way to the sandbar. It was so much fun!!!! Even getting towed back on Sunday by Seatow didn't ruin the weekend! We can't wait to go again! I'm jealous you guys are going! :mad: :cry:

dicudmore
10-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Hey.....
My husband and I went to Havi for the 1st time the last weekend in September. It was great.. Copper Canyon all the way to Topock and a bit beyond....no kids either!!!!!!!!!!! :rollside:
It was shallow even for our little boat on the way to the sandbar. It was so much fun!!!! Even getting towed back on Sunday by Seatow didn't ruin the weekend! We can't wait to go again! I'm jealous you guys are going! :mad: :cry:
thats easy...go again :D

talbert450r
10-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Hey.....
Hope I have as much fun as you did minus the tow part :D

shippingguy
10-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Well it is boating. Things are going to happen. The key is that they fixed the problem and that is what matters. The package you got is great and very reliable.

talbert450r
10-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Well it is boating. Things are going to happen. The key is that they fixed the problem and that is what matters. The package you got is great and very reliable.
I was only trying to give props to Ultra for fixing it so fast :boxed:

shippingguy
10-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Oh I know. I did not think anything different. They definitely stand behind their product and that is a huge plus in the boating industry. Believe me I know this is going to be my fourth Ultra in four years. I would not come back if I did not feel that way. :)

HavasuSelect
10-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Is that right behind Advantage?

dicudmore
10-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Is that right behind Advantage?
across the street from advantage

voodoomedman
10-10-2006, 06:58 PM
With earth shaking speeds in excess of 35MPH :cool:375 horsepower and it will do 70 all day.

voodoomedman
10-10-2006, 07:02 PM
I was only trying to give props to Ultra for fixing it so fast :boxed:Their customer service is better than their boats. Besides a problem with the pump sounds like Merc shipped out a bad one. Glad your fixed and ready to go.

voodoomedman
10-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Oh I know. I did not think anything different. They definitely stand behind their product and that is a huge plus in the boating industry. Believe me I know this is going to be my fourth Ultra in four years. I would not come back if I did not feel that way. :)
Ummmmm. I beg to differ. I mean yes Ultra's reputation stands for itself but boating aside. I think you would still go in there to try and win over miss Holly. Heck it took you buying three boats to marry her. Now you are married and she got to pick #4. :D

shippingguy
10-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Ummmmm. I beg to differ. I mean yes Ultra's reputation stands for itself but boating aside. I think you would still go in there to try and win over miss Holly. Heck it took you buying three boats to marry her. Now you are married and she got to pick #4. :D
Nope actually I did not start talking with her till the finishing touches of my second Ultra and then I was back in there in seven months ordering my first 27. Well ok she was sort of responsible for that one as well :rollside:

dicudmore
10-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Nope actually I did not start talking with her till the finishing touches of my second Ultra and then I was back in there in seven months ordering my first 27. Well ok she was sort of responsible for that one as well :rollside:
she is a great salesman :cool:

Queenbee
10-11-2006, 09:21 AM
We can't wait to go again, but the boat (who I think we are going to name "Pretty Penny" or "Moths in my wallet") is still at G and S in Corona. WE were leaving the Sandbar on Sunday and when my husband drove by (so I could get the requisite HB rooster tail pic) he put the jetovator on, the boat shut off and black smoke started coming out the exhaust. :cry: :cry:
4 hours later we realized we couldn't get any mor water out of the oil and there was no way we could get home so we had to call the towers out. We were parked next to some really nice people that gave us oil and were trying to help with out saying we were screwed.
Soon as we can fix her, we want to go out again! ITs only a 5 hour drive and I think the kids would love it! (we have a 2 year old and a 6 month old)
HB's been pretty cool to us for advice and opinions on where to go for sightseeing and our repairs. :) :rollside:

sigepmock
10-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Hey Chris,
Just saw this thread sorry I missed it. Too bad we're not going to be up there this weekend or we'd show you around the lake. Good advice given so far. You guys should have a blast. Just watch for the shallow spots if you head up river. We've been staying down on the lake mostly, just didn't feel like taking a chance up river. Have fun and be safe. We launched at Windsor last weekend, a little crowded but not too bad. If you want to avoid the crowd's head south to Cat Tail Cove, ramp is a little steep so 4x4 is good to have there but never crowded and plenty deep.
Have fun,
Chris Mock