PDA

View Full Version : 24' performance boat 580hp $14,000

race-sea
10-10-2006, 05:15 AM
1994 24' Maelstrom Performance offshore race boat built for speed, designed and built by the world Famous Michael Peters out of Sarasota FL, used as a performance test boat for Mfg, only 32 original hours on this boat and it shows, outstanding condition, very clean, this exact boat was featured on Hot boat magazines front cover back in 1995, also it's a class A kilo world record holder 93.6mph, this was the only Maelstrom 24' boat that came in red and black, one of a kind very rare find, wide beam 8'.6" seats 6 in confort, New 580hp chevy LS6 454 60 over 4 bolt main motor...... 9 to 1 compression Hydrolic roller cam, wanted max power but not at the expence of reliability, starts first try with a good idle, custom roller cam and rockers, Merlin Modified large oval port heads Manley forged rods, forged pistons, Dean Nickerson Modified performance carb, Edelbrock performance intake, Gill performance thru-transom exhaust powder coated castings with polished stainless extensions, ss drive shower, hydrolic hatch, all new MSD Marine electronics and distributor, rebuilt Bravo1 outdrive with a new modified ss 16x25 pitch prop, motor was built to run on pump gas, everything on motor and outdrive is new or rebuilt, this boat will do 80+mph, Motor is very strong,, Gorgeous lines Flip-up wind deflectors, 200 watt stereo with cd player Bose speakers, hideaway cleats, sweet looking boat gets compliments and inquiries constantly, one of a kind custom boat, Well over $30k into this boat turn key ready for the water.......$14,000 firm not a dime less this boat is worth well over $20k email me for more pictures or call 302-792-1003 and ask for tim
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/hemi777/322057.jpg
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/hemi777/312190.jpg
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/hemi777/312192.jpg
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/hemi777/315897.jpg
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/hemi777/322055.jpg
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/hemi777/322056.jpg
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/hemi777/315896.jpg
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/hemi777/315898.jpg
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/hemi777/312191.jpg

redneckcharlie
10-10-2006, 07:03 AM
i thought this boat just sold on ebay? :notam:

Jbb
10-10-2006, 07:45 AM
Interesting.....I thought it sold on Ebay as well....did the buyer look at it and back out?
It's gettin colder.....I offer $11,500....firm...

race-sea
10-10-2006, 08:32 AM
yes this boat did sell last week on ebay the assclown that won the auction is from Ohio and never came out to buy it so now it's for sale again

race-sea
10-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Interesting.....I thought it sold on Ebay as well....did the buyer look at it and back out?
It's gettin colder.....I offer $11,500....firm...
HAHAHAHAHA....to you my friend the price is $15k anyone else it's only $14k smartasses pay extra for the aggravation

Jbb
10-10-2006, 08:46 AM
HAHAHAHAHA....to you my friend the price is $15k anyone else it's only $14k smartasses pay extra for the aggravation
I might be a smartass.....but I have a handfull of cash to buy your boat....What you perceive as a "very rare boat" .....sometimes leads people to wonder...why is it rare,why was it not produced in quantity......?
What you have is a very clean,apparently nice 12 year old boat.......care to guess what a bank will lend a potential customer with interest in your "very rare boat"...for a 12 year old boat,regardless of condition or hours?
I bet not 14k.......or in my case ...not 15k....
Nada has no listing for Maelstrom....
It's getting colder by the day.....If you dont want to sell it to me ...thats ok...but offering less that the listed...firm price.....does not make one a smart ass...or infer aggravation...

andy01
10-10-2006, 08:59 AM
This indeed is a rare find. It's not everyday you find a boat that doesn't show up on any NADA guides. This is a proven boat? NO! How does it ride in the rough stuff? Great is my guess you will say, how fast is it. I know lightening fast right.... rare, a model T ford still sitting in a showroom is rare....... I think JBB was right on with his offer. (Well a little high) I do like the boat myself, so I will make an offer on or ask a questions... How close to 5K delivered to my house can you go? Nice boat though, really nice for a collectors item............ :)
Andy

race-sea
10-10-2006, 09:01 AM
I might be a smartass.....but I have a handfull of cash to buy your boat....What you perceive as a "very rare boat" .....sometimes leads people to wonder...why is it rare,why was it not produced in quantity......?
What you have is a very clean,apparently nice 12 year old boat.......care to guess what a bank will lend a potential customer with interest in your "very rare boat"...for a 12 year old boat,regardless of condition or hours?
It's getting colder by the day.....If you dont want to sell it to me ...thats ok...but offering less that the listed...firm price.....does not make one a smart ass...or infer aggravation...
now it's $16k for you and only $14k for anyone else lol anyway i dont sell to bottom feeders you have a nice day my friend i dont need your cash

race-sea
10-10-2006, 09:06 AM
This indeed is a rare find. It's not everyday you find a boat that doesn't show up on any NADA guides. This is a proven boat? NO! How does it ride in the rough stuff? Great is my guess you will say, how fast is it. I know lightening fast right.... rare, a model T ford still sitting in a showroom is rare....... I think JBB was right on with his offer. (Well a little high) I do like the boat myself, so I will make an offer on or ask a questions... How close to 5K delivered to my house can you go? Nice boat though, really nice for a collectors item............ :)
Andy
you also have a nice day

Jbb
10-10-2006, 09:08 AM
Bottom feeders....lol.....So you expect to attract people to purchase something you are selling by hurling insults at them.... :p
Probably too much boat for me to handle anyway.... :p
Maybe you should try ebay for a 3rd or 4th time.....lol.... :p
Or advertise it as a cat again...lol

race-sea
10-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Bottom feeders....lol.....So you expect to attract people to purchase something you are selling by hurling insults at them.... :p
Probably too much boat for me to handle anyway.... :p
i'm sorry you have a sore ass over this because i wont sell you the boat you should see a doctor.....have a nice day

andy01
10-10-2006, 09:14 AM
The buyers show up to pick the boat up and it won't start and paper work doesn't match the boat they leave...... he is hoping someone here won't catch on. I like the bottom feeders that come here to sell thier rare junk..... maybe you should try listing it on www.sanfred&son.com
Andy

Jbb
10-10-2006, 09:16 AM
i'm sorry you have a sore ass over this because i wont sell you the boat you should see a doctor.....have a nice day
Dude ...you dont get it...I dont have a sore ass over anything...I hope you sell your boat...If you dont like my offer,which is now 10k.... :p thats fine....I will survive....and Im having a great day....thanks....

andy01
10-10-2006, 09:18 AM
Dude ...you dont get it...I dont have a sore ass over anything...I hope you sell your boat...If you dont like my offer,which is now 10k.... :p thats fine....I will survive....and Im having a great day....thanks....
It's funny how people get all butt hurt when you make them a real market offer on what they are selling. :cry:

Jbb
10-10-2006, 09:22 AM
It's funny how people get all butt hurt when you make them a real market offer on what they are selling. :cry:
What we got us ...is a genuine hater....with a rare cigarette style cat...er...vee....er something.....that is worth every bit of 30k...

Deano
10-10-2006, 09:23 AM
assclown...funny shit... I would take the 12 and run. Or maybe stop throwing insults at a potential buyer and meet halfway?

andy01
10-10-2006, 09:32 AM
What we got us ...is a genuine hater....with a rare cigarette style cat...er...vee....er something.....that is worth every bit of 30k...
Well with all of that being said I must now go take a Maelstrom and wipe my race-sea....
Jackass........ when your sitting in your den on a cold Feb. night thinking "man I wish I could have sold that clunker of mine" you can come back to this thread and say, "man I could have what was I thinking"
Andy

Jordy
10-10-2006, 09:34 AM
If you dont like my offer,which is now 10k....
Dammit JBB, I was going to offer $8K for a turnkey masterpiece like that one. Figure by the time you fix the car interior and have it redone to a color you could actually touch in Arizona other than in January, you're going to be into it for at least $6K again, probably more than that. :D :D :D
Good luck with the sale. They say there is an ass for every seat, or in this case, every car seat. :D
Perhaps if you accessorized it a bit more someone might bite:
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18579&stc=1

Jbb
10-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Dammit JBB, I was going to offer $8K for a turnkey masterpiece like that one. Figure by the time you fix the car interior and have it redone to a color you could actually touch in Arizona other than in January, you're going to be into it for at least $6K again, probably more than that. :D :D :D
Good luck with the sale. They say there is an ass for every seat, or in this case, every car seat. :D
Perhaps if you accessorized it a bit more someone might bite:
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18579&stc=1
An Assclown...for every seat....!.... :p

race-sea
10-10-2006, 09:44 AM
The buyers show up to pick the boat up and it won't start and paper work doesn't match the boat they leave...... he is hoping someone here won't catch on. I like the bottom feeders that come here to sell thier rare junk..... maybe you should try listing it on www.sanfred&son.com
Andy
for your info this is a very nice boat extra clean runs perfect every thing is new.........i dont know what your problem is but you should get it checked out

Jordy
10-10-2006, 09:49 AM
every thing is new
Not everything. The hull is a '94 right??? Which means it realistically could have been popped in '93, which is almost 14 years ago. Don't really consider that new. ;)
Who designed the bottom on this rare turnkey machine??? :idea:

Nautitwins2
10-10-2006, 09:54 AM
I personally like the looks of this boat. But since everyone else is hating, I will give my two cents.
WIth the way you are sitting in the boat, All I can think about is my back breaking in two if you hit any sizable chop. The colors would not be my first choice, but they do show off the lines of the boat. Of those 32 hours, how did it handle. Do you have any pics of it running?

race-sea
10-10-2006, 09:54 AM
assclown...funny shit... I would take the 12 and run. Or maybe stop throwing insults at a potential buyer and meet halfway?
what insults have i said??? i did call someone a bottom feader for his low ball offer when i stated $14k firm........i dont know why others are trying to trash a boat they know nothing about someone should get on their case not mine

Jordy
10-10-2006, 09:59 AM
i dont know why others are trying to trash a boat they know nothing about someone should get on their case not mine
Personally I think you should be thanking the "assclowns" and "smartasses" in this thread as they're keeping your pride and joy up at the top of the page with every reply. You owe them a debt of gratitude for helping you sell your collectable watercraft. :D

beernut
10-10-2006, 10:04 AM
nice boat, sending pm :cool:

race-sea
10-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Not everything. The hull is a '94 right??? Which means it realistically could have been popped in '93, which is almost 14 years ago. Don't really consider that new. ;)
Who designed the bottom on this rare turnkey machine??? :idea:
the builder and designer of this boat is Michael Peters out of Sarasota FL, he is very well know for his one off and very limited perduction boats........heres a link to one of his sites........ http://www.mpyd.net/history.htm
whats up with the bashers that know nothing about this boat????

Jordy
10-10-2006, 10:11 AM
whats up with the bashers that know nothing about this boat????
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that it's kind of hard to know a whole lot about a boat that they only built ONE of. As was mentioned earlier, when someone takes the time and capital to build a plug, then pop a mold, and start building boats, yet only builds one, it would really make the normal person wonder what's wrong with the hull. :idea:
As far as Michael Peters, yes he builds lots of one off stuff, but typically they're in the 60+ foot yacht range. From what I've seen in the smaller stuff he does, they produce multiple boats from the same molds, such as the Cig T/S Top Gun. ;)
Rare isn't always a good thing in the world of performance boating as it's normally indicitive of some type of handing or performance problem.

Jbb
10-10-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that it's kind of hard to know a whole lot about a boat that they only built ONE of. As was mentioned earlier, when someone takes the time and capital to build a plug, then pop a mold, and start building boats, yet only builds one, it would really make the normal person wonder what's wrong with the hull. :idea:
As far as Michael Peters, yes he builds lots of one off stuff, but typically they're in the 60+ foot yacht range. From what I've seen in the smaller stuff he does, they produce multiple boats from the same molds, such as the Cig T/S Top Gun. ;)
Rare isn't always a good thing in the world of performance boating as it's normally indicitive of some type of handing or performance problem.
Jordy......that's not hating...thats educating... :p

race-sea
10-10-2006, 10:18 AM
i never said they only built one of these boats fact is they built almost 50 of these same boats most where blue a few where yellow and only one was red and black like mine.......they also made several 32' cat boats

Jordy
10-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Jordy......that's not hating...thats educating... :p
Hey, blow it out your ass you bottom feeding assclown!!! :D :D :D
How was that??? :D

Jbb
10-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Hey, blow it out your ass you bottom feeding assclown!!! :D :D :D
How was that??? :D
#$%%^###...Fine....my offer now stands at 9k!.......... :p

race-sea
10-10-2006, 10:25 AM
JBB.....if you had a hand full of cash like you said then why did you tell me last week that you needed a week to get a loan from the bank???

Jbb
10-10-2006, 10:27 AM
JBB.....if you had a hand full of cash like you said then why did you tell me last week that you needed a week to get a loan from the bank???
I didnt say I needed a week to get a loan there turbo....I said I needed to get the money...and the time off....to drive up there and get it...
please pay attention ....
9k....come and get it... :p

Jordy
10-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Yeah, get your story straight bottom feeder!!! :D :D :D

Jbb
10-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Bottom feeding assclown to you...Hater... :)

race-sea
10-10-2006, 10:29 AM
I didnt say I needed a week to get a loan there turbo....I said I needed to get the money...and the time off....to drive up there and get it...
please pay attention ....
9k....come and get it... :p
JBB.....your lying again

Jbb
10-10-2006, 10:30 AM
JBB.....your lying again
sure thing :p

Kachina26
10-10-2006, 10:45 AM
I'm confused, is this a cat or not?
and isn't a baby cigarette a butt?

Jbb
10-10-2006, 10:57 AM
Rare single sponson cat....

Kachina26
10-10-2006, 11:00 AM
A baby cat.........

Deano
10-10-2006, 11:04 AM
and isn't a baby cigarette a butt?
LMAO.... hey Jordy where can I get a TT sticker.

Tom Brown
10-10-2006, 11:51 AM
LMAO! :D
#$%%^###...Fine....my offer now stands at 9k!.......... :p
I can get you into a rare Glastron CVX-16 for that kind of bread. I'll even throw in an extremely rare Chrysler 115 hp outboard motor. :cool:
You know those Chryslers are fantastic since they're so rare you never see them on the lake anymore.

race-sea
10-10-2006, 12:01 PM
whats your problem someone piss in your corn flakes??? you have no reason to bash a boat that you know nothing about

centerhill condor
10-10-2006, 12:38 PM
...I would like to see a couple of pics of her in the water..running would be even better. I think its a cool looking boat and very affordable for a prop. Best of luck! :)

race-sea
10-10-2006, 12:50 PM
...I would like to see a couple of pics of her in the water..running would be even better. I think its a cool looking boat and very affordable for a prop. Best of luck! :)
thanks.......heres one off of Michael Peters web site builder of this fine boat .......i will post some of my pictures next
http://www.mpyd.net/portfolio_images/maelstrom.23.1.jpg

race-sea
10-10-2006, 12:56 PM
heres a few more pictures
http://i9.ebayimg.com/06/i/08/79/04/36_3.JPG
http://i21.ebayimg.com/02/i/08/81/83/f1_3.JPG

race-sea
10-10-2006, 01:08 PM
heres more pictures
http://i5.ebayimg.com/03/i/08/8d/4e/0e_3.JPG
http://i11.ebayimg.com/02/i/08/84/b3/ec_3.JPG
http://i4.ebayimg.com/06/i/08/87/56/d0_3.JPG
http://i22.ebayimg.com/02/i/08/87/8c/7f_3.JPG
http://i5.ebayimg.com/04/i/08/8d/4d/fc_3.JPG

Jordy
10-10-2006, 02:40 PM
whats your problem someone piss in your corn flakes??? you have no reason to bash a boat that you know nothing about
Don't start with me as I wasn't even talking to you. I was talking to JBB which is why he quoted me and responded. Try and keep up here Junior. :notam:
Is that your standard response by the way??? It really doesn't fit in this situation because I said nothing about your boat in the post you quoted. And I don't eat corn flakes either Fruit Loop. ;)
So do you have any dyno sheets (and I'm not talking about desktop dyno) to back up your HP claims??? :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-10-2006, 03:35 PM
I personally think that this is a clean boat for its age. Im a true"Bottom Feeder" so its out of my league. I dont drive anything with a prop so you can call me a bottom feeder:p

LAFD
10-10-2006, 03:38 PM
is a cool boat might be askin a bit much for a unknown boat that isnt made anymore. goodluck on the sale though.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-10-2006, 03:57 PM
atleast the steering wheel is on the proper side:D

race-sea
10-10-2006, 04:00 PM
is a cool boat might be askin a bit much for a unknown boat that isnt made anymore. goodluck on the sale though.
this boat might be unknown to some but ask some of the old timers here about the real nice article hot boat magazine did back in 95 about this exact boat when it set a GPS speed record in it's class of 93.6mph and how stable it was at those speeds.......also theres well over $30k into this boat so $14k is a steal
also the builder is well known for several one off and very limited perduction boats.....

Jordy
10-10-2006, 04:13 PM
<echo, echo, echo, echo> :notam:

kanedog
10-10-2006, 06:04 PM
What's an assclown?

Kachina26
10-18-2006, 05:06 PM
ttt

Daytona100
10-18-2006, 08:57 PM
14k doesn,t seem like to bad of a price. I dont even think you can get a Bayliner for that. Good luck.

race-sea
10-30-2006, 09:37 AM
boat was sold last friday $15k cash........ :p :p :p

thatguy
10-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Let me guess, Jbb?