PDA

View Full Version : Denzel Washington and our troops

DILLIGAF
10-10-2006, 11:41 AM
I sent out the bottom portion of this via email today and my brother sent this to me. My brother is heavily involved with different non-profits for soldiers and their families. I saw one of the neighborhood kids this weekend. He is in the Marines (grunt) and going to Iraq soon. I made sure he understood that I appreciate everything he is doing for his country. I took him to the river with my son and a few friends back a couple of years ago and he told me that was the most fun he has ever had. Made me feel good. Please do what you can to support the troops.
FROM MY BROTHER
What this does not say is his son is in the USMC. He has done many many more things than just this. He has been helping the United Warrior Survivor
Foundation out for the past three years. He provides all air fares for our spouses to our east coast, and West Coast reunions for us. He as well helps many others Armed Forces folks the the Beacon of Hope Foundation In (CO).
He does this and (Gen) then says not to give him public thanks. If any one does donate to Our Armed Forces look at www.frogfriends.com
HERE IS THE EM I GOT AND SENT OUT
The Media Missed this one!!!!
Subject: Denzel Washington, and Brooks Army Medical Center
Don't know whether you heard about this but Denzel Washington and his family visited the troops at Brook Army Medical Center, in San Antonio,Texas (BAMC) the other day. This is where soldiers who have been evacuated from
Germany come to be hospitalized in the United States, especially burn victims. There are some buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher
House is a Hotel where soldiers' families can stay, for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying in the Hospital. BAMC has quite a few of these houses on base, but as you can imagine, they are almost filled most of the time.
While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build. He took his check book out and wrote a check for the full amount right there
on the spot. The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear this story and want to get the word out to the American public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it.
The question I have is why do Alec Baldwin, Madonna, Sean Penn and other Hollywood types make front page news with their anti-everything America trash and Denzel Washington's Patriotism doesn't even make page 3 in the Metro section of any newspaper except the Local newspaper in San Antonio?
A true American and friend to all in uniform!
This needs as wide a distribution as we can create.
GOD BLESS YOU DENZEL FOR YOUR PATRIOTISM!
I have pics to post but the gallery section seems to be down right now...I will try to add them later

OutCole'd
10-10-2006, 11:45 AM
Snopes.... (http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/denzel.asp)
Sorry.

Sleek-Jet
10-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Snopes.... (http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/denzel.asp)
Sorry.
God Damn Snopes!!!!! :mad: :D
But did you read it???
He did make a sizable donation... just not on the spot... though it was not large enough to build a Fisher House... The story is almost completely fabricated, but not Mr. Washingtons actions in regards to donating.

DILLIGAF
10-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Wether he grabbed his checkbook or not my brother has first hand knowledge that he helps the troops. Good enough for me and quite possibly the reason for the General not wanting to give him public credit is because he requested it to be that way :idea: