PDA

View Full Version : Havasu building permits are..........

DILLIGAF
10-10-2006, 12:14 PM
way down:
Building permits on the decline
BY DAVID BELL
Tuesday, October 10, 2006 10:52 AM MDT
The number of new home starts in Lake Havasu City in August fell to one of the lowest points of the year.
According to numbers released by the Lake Havasu City Development Services Department, September saw issuance of just 21 permits for single-family home construction. That's a drop of more than 55 percent from the previous month and more than 70 percent below September 2005.
“If it weren't for the commercial development, September would have been a drop off a cliff,” said Bud Schulz, executive director of the Colorado River Building Industry Association.
Schulz said he never has seen building permits issued this low since he has been with the organization. He attributed some of the drop-off to market factors and energy prices but couldn't directly blame the drop-off on any one thing.
“Look at the cost of energy,” said Schulz. “Just transporting things has become more expensive. Gas prices are coming down now, but for how long?”
There were three commercial development permits issued in September, with the projects showing a total value of $1.7 million. That's up significantly from August's one commercial permit for a project valued at $579,485.
September's commercial activity was just a bit behind September 2005, when four commercial permits were issued. However, the aggregate value increased this year from $1.3 million in 2005.
One of the commercial projects contributing to the increase is the proposed Polidori Hospice House facility on Bahama Avenue, a home to care for up to six incurably ill patients. Construction of the building and the land was donated to Hospice of Havasu by Victoria Polidori in honor of her late husband Quinto. The permit for the building was issued Sept. 7.
The drop-offs in single-family building activity resulted in a corresponding slide in revenues to the city. The Building and Planning Divisions combined to take in $130,950 in September, compared to $216,895 in August and $264,987 in September 2005.
Year-to-date revenues also are off more than 22 percent, falling to $523,118 from $677,898 last year.
But while the number of housing starts is down, the average value of the projects continues to climb. The average value of a single-family home project was at $208,728 in September 2006, up from $198,555 in August and climbing more than 26 percent over the average value of $165,176 in September 2005.
You may reach the reporter at dbell@havasunews.com

Havasu Carrera
10-10-2006, 01:01 PM
I know of one builder who is being sued atleast once and has three claims against him with the registraur of contractors.
That city is full of rip off artists and scammers and just plain thieves!!
Dont use JWPCBI or you will be soooooo sorry.
Jason Guilevski and Ralph Bowser are liars and.............
Misrepresentation is the name of thier game. :cry:

Havasu Carrera
10-10-2006, 01:04 PM
John W. Paulson !! Please call me.
I have tried to get ahold of you but your step son and his little scammer friend will not give you the message and well? It is your bond and your business license going to the cleaners.

sdpm
10-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Another reason is that there are not that many empty lots for sale and if they are the price is way out there! The market needed this. Too much too fast.

imbndvs
10-10-2006, 01:19 PM
I could not agree with you more! It seems all the rejects from CA. & LV go to Havasu.

OGShocker
10-10-2006, 01:22 PM
I could not agree with you more! It seems all the rejects from CA. & LV go to Havasu.
I don't think he means you REDNECK.
Carry on.

jojoshow
10-10-2006, 02:07 PM
SSSSSSHHHHHady people. I'm finishing a project and let me tell you............

Havasu Carrera
10-10-2006, 04:39 PM
I guess my builder moved to Anaslime (anaheim) and could not survive so his retired step dad handed over the license to build and welp? No surprise he is scamming and ripping people off in Havasu again.
Anyone know a great Havasu real estate lawyar? So far my builder got me for a little over 100k!! yep! 100k!!
Lake Havasu City rule #1 Don't pay till the job is done!!!! OR it will never ever ever be done!! Contracts are meaningless to them!! MEANINGLESS!!!

SummitKarl
10-10-2006, 05:01 PM
I guess my builder moved to Anaslime (anaheim) and could not survive so his retired step dad handed over the license to build and welp? No surprise he is scamming and ripping people off in Havasu again.
Anyone know a great Havasu real estate lawyar? So far my builder got me for a little over 100k!! yep! 100k!!
Lake Havasu City rule #1 Don't pay till the job is done!!!! OR it will never ever ever be done!! Contracts are meaningless to them!! MEANINGLESS!!!
let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get your project complete, yes I know the right mean old man to help, we just finished a fire rebuild togeather, that the orginal contractor tried to scam 80k, we got 70k back and got the ins co. to buck up 120% over coverage to complete the project. help is there if you want it......