PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to jets....first boat ever.

Ken Imhoff
10-10-2006, 04:58 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/tlrocks/DSC02274.jpg
1989 20' Intimidator 454BBC Berkley 12JE. Wife likes to sit it in it and read....I have other ideas :cool: Kids dig it. First boat I have ever owned. Thanks for the nice forum.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/tlrocks/DSC02263.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/tlrocks/DSC02270.jpg
Ken

SmokinLowriderSS
10-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Very nice boat, congrats.
I love those valve covers (I have a set on my Taylor)
If you have ideas now, wait till the disease manifests itself.

squirt'nmyload
10-10-2006, 05:26 PM
welcome......thats a nice looking boat!!!! nice to see your family enjoying it.

marty722
10-10-2006, 05:35 PM
aboard skipper :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

BUSBY
10-10-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm jealous ... look at the water & how glassy it is!
Wow!
Nice ride ... & welcome.
Brian

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-10-2006, 06:06 PM
thats a beautiful boat. Welcome!!

bergen
10-10-2006, 06:18 PM
WOW, what a nice first boat, welcome, bergen

y2k
10-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Welcome from another newb..........Nice boat!
I'm in the same boat :rollside: 'er, well figuratively speaking :cool:
Just got my first real boat besides a little 12' fish'n boat with a 5hp outboard.
Only been on the water with it about an hour so far.
Tomorrow after work we're going out again for a couple hours since we got lucky with some late for the season warm weather up here.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d173/y2keglide/home002.jpg

Ken Imhoff
10-10-2006, 07:01 PM
I don't know anything about my boat. It looks like others I have seen but not the same name. I bought it from the original owner which bought it in CA. It has a new interior and I was told re-gel coated. Anyway it looks very shiney and was stored indoors. Runs about 62 mph with a pretty mild 454. I don't know much about boats so I don't really know what to change.....I never seem to leave things as is. Drives the wife nuts. :hammerhea maybe that is why I am here.

beerjet
10-10-2006, 07:16 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAANG ! Ken. That there is one jammin sled . Good job and believe me , it's alot nicer when the whole family likes it . Just run it till it takes a shit.
BTW- welcome
-beerjet-

Bigern
10-10-2006, 07:23 PM
SwEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!! :rollside: real clean ride, congrats.

67weimann
10-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Nice ride and welcome to ***boat...

OverKill
10-10-2006, 08:15 PM
Ken very nice jet. Nice to have you aboard

Turboelimtim
10-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Nice boat Ken. Looks like a perfect combination of "Family" and "Dad" boat if you know what I mean. I used to have a 19 ft Hallett/454 jet I managed to convince my wife was a "family" boat. At least it was more family friendly than the 18 ft Mandella 427 chevy v-drive!! Now I have 3 kids and a very family friendly 21 ft eliminator.
All you need now is one of those little blue bottles from the dentists office and then ..., and then... Anyway, be careful until you really get the handling of the boat down, and when you get that urge to explore the envelope like we all do, go by yourself and wear a vest. And one last jet tip, no throttle = no steering. Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your new toy, it's very nice.
Tim
P.S. Where is Eagle? My wife is from Iron Mountain, MI.

eek-a-RAT
10-10-2006, 09:55 PM
welcome aboard, nice jet KEN, & the family loves it too. thats a bonus!
my girl hated my boat til i started lettin her drive it. she was smiled ear to ear after that.

W.O.T
10-10-2006, 10:01 PM
nice boat man im sure you will fall in love with boating like we all have. just let your wife and kids know you will not be around as much anymore you will probably be in the garage alot more and on these forums.

shaun
10-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Ken,
Nice boat, welcome to the forums. You say you want to do some things to it but havnt really said what your goal is. The boat looks clean! Not sure if you know when the pump was last rebuilt or how many hours is on it but that might be a good place to start!

AdrenelineOD
10-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Aloha! Thats looks like a perfect first boat. CONGATS!

77Woodbridge
10-11-2006, 02:36 AM
Very clean boat! Welcome! Glad that everybodys happy with it. Run it for a season and then you'll have a better idea of what you want to do. I would start with making sure you've got the best safety gear your wallet can handle. Vests and fire suppression. A boater's safety course isn't a bad idea. The best thing I ever did was take one with my 15yr old son. I learned alot and now he can drive the boat legally. Just my .02.

The Jerk
10-11-2006, 06:27 AM
I am new still as well with my first boat(in pic). love it......
welcome aboard....

loudpipessavelives
10-11-2006, 12:40 PM
I'm jealous ... look at the water & how glassy it is!
Brian
yea it is ... looks like good barefootin water!
btw nice ride and welcome to ***boat!

Ken Imhoff
10-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Nice boat Ken. Looks like a perfect combination of "Family" and "Dad" boat if you know what I mean. I used to have a 19 ft Hallett/454 jet I managed to convince my wife was a "family" boat. At least it was more family friendly than the 18 ft Mandella 427 chevy v-drive!! Now I have 3 kids and a very family friendly 21 ft eliminator.
All you need now is one of those little blue bottles from the dentists office and then ..., and then... Anyway, be careful until you really get the handling of the boat down, and when you get that urge to explore the envelope like we all do, go by yourself and wear a vest. And one last jet tip, no throttle = no steering. Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your new toy, it's very nice.
Tim
P.S. Where is Eagle? My wife is from Iron Mountain, MI.
Eagle is in the SouthEast corner of WI on Eagle Spring Lake. Thanks for the kind words everyone. It is supposed to get down to 29 night so I just finished draining the boat of all of the water. Heck I was just on the lake last weekend and it was 75. I didn't know I moved to Canada. Anyway. I have learned a lot already and yeah I found out about the no throttle no steer thing. I will have to rebuild the pump next year as the oil pours out of it when I try to fill the bowl. Wear ring or seal or something. Other than that not bad for $4500. I think I stole it! I just added the aluminum goodies. Scoop, M/T covers and a Performer high rise intake. The boat was well taken care of. I live by a lot of lakes and took it to a popular hangout lake sand bar. Simply put I see the big interest in fast boats. Never knew what it was all about.
Later
Ken
Guy needed the money.