PDA

View Full Version : Power step question

H20 Toie
10-10-2006, 06:40 PM
I have the amp research power steps that work most of the time but not always. they have switched out the motors and controller and it still doesn't always work. Are there better steps out there?

INSman
10-10-2006, 07:09 PM
I have heard of problems with these, which led me to the good old fixed steps on my new truck.

sigepmock
10-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Is this on a ford or Chevy. I have only heard of problems on the fords I believe there is an updated controller/switch for them that's supposed to fix the problem.

haulina29
10-10-2006, 08:09 PM
We have them on my wifes Yukon and they have been flawless and would purchase a set again. We pick up a 07 Cadillac EXT friday and I ordered it with power steps but have yet to see a factory set . H29

upsman105
10-10-2006, 08:21 PM
My buddy has them on his lifted duramax, with the same problem, they had to move the motor, I guess in stock position the exhaust heat causes problems.

H20 Toie
10-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Mine in on a 05 ford f350 long bed. they have switched out the controller and both sides have problems so it isn't heat realated. i just got back into town after being gone for two weeks and the driver side doesn't work this time but it is usually the passenger side that will quit for a while but then they will start working again.
I am starting to wish i still had the factory steps.

Quality Time
10-10-2006, 09:42 PM
My buddy has them on his lifted duramax, with the same problem, they had to move the motor, I guess in stock position the exhaust heat causes problems.
Outlaw mentioned this to me. I believe AMP has corrected this problem on the newer kits and was helping the shops that install with a fix. Mine have been flawless on a 2500 HD
:boxed:

framer1
10-11-2006, 03:33 AM
Outlaw mentioned this to me. I believe AMP has corrected this problem on the newer kits and was helping the shops that install with a fix. Mine have been flawless on a 2500 HD
:boxed:
Same here....no problem for a year :rollside: 2500 HD also.

LHC30Victory
10-11-2006, 04:01 AM
Bad news Dan, the AMP steps on our 05 DMax have been working perfectly for almost two years now. The only issue I had was when the fuse came loose.

sigepmock
10-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Mine in on a 05 ford f350 long bed. they have switched out the controller and both sides have problems so it isn't heat realated. i just got back into town after being gone for two weeks and the driver side doesn't work this time but it is usually the passenger side that will quit for a while but then they will start working again.
I am starting to wish i still had the factory steps.
Maybe give Amp a call. My experience has been that they really work hard to make customers happy. I've had the same set of Steps on two different Chevy 2500HD's, about 2 1/2 years and no problems what so ever. My buddy had them on his Ford and had problems....Amp helped him get them fixed. It was a little of a bad install and some updated parts. Just a thought.
Chris