PDA

View Full Version : Our Marriage/Relationship Is Awesome...

ratso
10-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Neither of us have ever been divorced or have cheated in any shape, form, or fashion. We never argue about money, whose folks to see when during the holidays, or care that one of us is a neat freak and the other a slob. We love the in-laws immensely and our kids never back talk, don't do drugs, and we haven't had any unexpected pregnancies. We don't feel like we are having to raise our grandkids while our son is being a deadbeat dad and getting drunk every night and our daughter is out getting banged by every Tom Dick and Harry that buys her two or three drinks. Our life is fantastic, we never argue about which of us spends too much money on frivolous items and the 20 grand a year to keep the wife looking good is enough insurance to keep me from banging our 21 year old neighbor. We never have a problem that one of us works too much and the other feeling neglected. We trust each other 110% and can go out with the guys or girls anytime we want without any reprocussions. Jelousy is not in our vocabulary. We both climax every time and our sex life is 100% fulfilling... not too tired, no headaches... We can drink, party, and have a good time without fighting or being accused of "looking" at someone else. Damn... I could go on and on about how perfect our life is and how much I love my "other half" and am completely content knowing I will never know what it's like to touch or have sex with another member of the opposite sex for as long as I shall live...
That should be good enough... I'd just like to see how many pages this can go with the people that are truly this happy... :D
This might be a good change from the lying cheating conniving threads lol...
My guess is it this thread will pretty much disappear as quick as I typed it. :idea:

voodoomedman
10-10-2006, 06:56 PM
Neither of us have ever been divorced or have cheated in any shape, form, or fashion. We never argue about money, whose folks to see when during the holidays, or care that one of us is a neat freak and the other a slob. We love the in-laws immensely and our kids never back talk, don't do drugs, and we haven't had any unexpected pregnancies. We don't feel like we are having to raise our grandkids while our son is being a deadbeat dad and getting drunk every night and our daughter is out getting banged by every Tom Dick and Harry that buys her two or three drinks. Our life is fantastic, we never argue about which of us spends too much money on frivolous items and the 20 grand a year to keep the wife looking good is enough insurance to keep me from banging our 21 year old neighbor. We never have a problem that one of us works too much and the other feeling neglected. We trust each other 110% and can go out with the guys or girls anytime we want without any reprocussions. Jelousy is not in our vocabulary. We both climax every time and our sex life is 100% fulfilling... not too tired, no headaches... We can drink, party, and have a good time without fighting or being accused of "looking" at someone else. Damn... I could go on and on about how perfect our life is and how much I love my "other half" and am completely content knowing I will never know what it's like to touch or have sex with another member of the opposite sex for as long as I shall live...
That should be good enough... I'd just like to see how many pages this can go with the people that are truly this happy... :D
My guess is it this thread will pretty much disappear as quick as I typed it. :idea:
Very happy in my marriage. Could not have picked a better woman to be my wife and mother of my child.

ratso
10-10-2006, 07:00 PM
Very happy in my marriage. Could not have picked a better woman to be my wife and mother of my child.
I know some of you on here got it made... congrats.
I know quite a few actually... I have all the answers about breaking up but damn, gotta hand it to some of you for keeping it together... :D

kcvega
10-10-2006, 07:01 PM
I'm happy and our 1st kid is on the way in April. However I was thinking about sinking the boat to get the insurance money but figured it would be best to ask for donations to keep everyone elses premiums from going up.

ratso
10-10-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm happy and our 1st kid is on the way in April. However I was thinking about sinking the boat to get the insurance money but figured it would be best to ask for donations to keep everyone elses premiums from going up.
At least you thought it through, and you get to stay a "member in good standing"... :D

Devil's Advocate
I know some of you on here got it made... congrats.
I know quite a few actually... I have all the answers about breaking up but damn, gotta hand it to some of you for keeping it together... :D
So leave those happy people alone and let the rest of us poor souls be miserable, you big stink-butt! :D

voodoomedman
Congrats on the new baby coming up. Best thing we ever did was start having children. They are work but the joy they bring to life is incredible.

ratso
10-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Do we get our donations back if we find out she really wasn't pregnant? :idea:
Congratulations...

Misogynist
10-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Damn Ratso.... I'm going to get my scoop shovel out of the shed to clean away all the bull$hit in your thread!..... :p Weren't you the one that has had several ex-wives and even banged your mother-in-law?.... Fess-up!..... :crossx:

Mandelon
10-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Married 17 years this week..... :cool:

Jim W
10-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Neither of us lesbians, have ever been divorced or have cheated in any shape, form, or fashion. We lesbians, never argue about money, whose folks to see when during the holidays, or care that one of us lesbians is a neat freak and the other a slob. We lesbians, love the in-laws immensely and our kids never back talk, don't do drugs, and we lesbians, haven't had any unexpected pregnancies. We, as lesbians, don't feel like we are having to raise our grandkids while our pre-trans-gender son is being a deadbeat dad and getting drunk every night and our soon to be lesbian, daughter is out getting banged by every Tom Dick and Harry that buys her two or three drinks. Our lesbian life is fantastic, we never argue about which of us spends too much money on frivolous items and the 20 grand a year to keep the lip-stick lesbion wife looking good is enough insurance to keep me from banging our 21 year old lesbion neighbor. We never have a problem that one of us lesbions works too much and the other feeling neglected. We as lesbions trust each other 110% and can go out with the girls or the bull dyke girls anytime we want without any reprocussions. Jelousy is not in our lesbion vocabulary. We both climax every time and our lesbion sex life is 100% fulfilling... not too tired, no headaches... We can drink, party, and have a good time without fighting or being accused of "looking" at someone else lesbion. Damn... I could go on and on about how perfect our lesbion life is and how much I love my "lesbion other half" and am completely content knowing I will as a lesbion,never know what it's like to touch or have sex with another member of the opposite sex for as long as I shall live...
That should be good enough... I'd just like to see how many pages this can go with the non-lesbion people that are truly this happy... :D
This might be a good change from the hetero-sexual, lying cheating, conniving threads lol...
My guess is it this lesbion thread will pretty much disappear as quick as I typed it. :idea:
Damn I hate lesbions.....unless I can watch.
Be good, Jim

squirt'nmyload
10-10-2006, 07:17 PM
this sums it up for us too...well except all the kid stuff (don't have any, nor want any right now), and the 20 grand part...mine doesn't need to worry cause our neighbors are snowbirds!!

Beer-30
10-10-2006, 07:29 PM
I am not going to say we have NEVER argued about money or not had any differences of opinions through the years. I will say it is rare. We see alot of our friends and co-workers having serious issues and we always come home to each other saying how nice it is not having to "work" at marriage. We hate fighting with each other, but it has to happen a few times in life. We can still count on one hand how many times we have actually argued. We have never slept in different rooms under the same roof - we don't go to bed angry. Neither of us even know the first step to cheating, it seems completely foreign to both of us when it happens to someone close. We both make equal money (actually, she often comes in $10-20K higher/year than me). We have a wonderful house that needs nothing, a shop out back, and boat parking. The value has trippled since we bought it 5 years ago. She loves her tricked out '04 Yukon AND takes care of it. She keeps asking me when I am going to order my new truck (bless her heart). She can drive the boat as well as me. She can back the trailer in almost as good as me. When in the boat, she always says we need more bass (bless her heart). We both consider ourselves very lucky. Oh, and no kids (yet), we'll see.
EDIT:
Oh yeah, first marriage for both of us. We each married the last-one-first.

Trailer Park Casanova
10-10-2006, 07:30 PM
After a decade of dating some scary, nutcase women,, I hope they were the exception of what most women are really NOT like out there.
Marriage this time around has been excellent.
She's held up to her word,, been the best lover and superb other half a person could ever dream about.
Sex available anytime without all the female drama, she's still a size five,, she coldly ignors other mens pass's at her,, not a drop of jealosy in her,, supportive of every dream I have, every adventure we undertake.
Everyone that's met her says to know her is to love her,, she's one in 10 million.
Warm hearted love & compassion and intelligence and beauty,, and support, and a big family trust fund
I don't need to preach to you Ratso that finding Alice was a real longshot,, but they are out there.
My absolute, and with very good reason, mis-trust of women almost made me pass her by.
She saw that, and she held on to me with a death grip and put up with my nonsense until I woke up & saw the lite.
This marriage will go the distance.
It can happen.

blackcloud75
10-10-2006, 07:32 PM
I am happily unmarried.................................but she's not :cry:

OCMerrill
10-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Kind of mushy for you Ratso? :)
I go along with about 80% of it about 60% of the time.
My kids back talk like hell... :boxed:

BadKachina
10-10-2006, 07:53 PM
I could agree with pretty much everything in this statement. How many people get married when they are 20 years old to their high school sweetheart and last 16+ years? I did and I hope there are 16+ more......... :)

dragboat
10-10-2006, 08:00 PM
I met her in 9th grade math class. Married 21 years this Feb 14th. Sometimes it's work and its worth it.

kcvega
10-10-2006, 08:15 PM
At least you thought it through, and you get to stay a "member in good standing"... :D
Yep just send em to my PO box.

ratso
10-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Damn Ratso.... I'm going to get my scoop shovel out of the shed to clean away all the bull$hit in your thread!..... :p Weren't you the one that has had several ex-wives and even banged your mother-in-law?.... Fess-up!..... :crossx:
...some people just never forget things... damn drunk posting... :idea:

ratso
10-10-2006, 08:30 PM
I do know of one couple my age that has been together 20 years, about 10 of them married. 2 kids and just a totally awesome relationship, and pretty much has my post nailed to a tee... I was actually thinking about them as I typed it. It's just not something you see much of nowdays, at least compared to the alternative. People could definitely take lessons from them... I have lunch with "Tim" every Monday at Red Lobster... been doing it for years, and he can't wait to hear about "the weekend"... He says he lives his life vicariously through me... since his is so boring... taking kids to daycare, changing diapers... you know, all the family stuff. It's always how I thought my life would be, and boy did I ever give it a shot or five... For a marriage like theirs, I'd take "boring" in a heartbeat...

Tom Brown
10-10-2006, 08:33 PM
My absolute, and with very good reason, mis-trust of women almost made me pass her by. She saw that, and she held on to me with a death grip and put up with my nonsense until I woke up & saw the lite.
I'd love to hear about how you met. Were you friends first?
Throw me a bone. I'm dieing here. :D
This marriage will go the distance.
It can happen.
I couldn't be happier for you, TPC. It's wonderful to see you so happy and content.
You both have my very best wishes. :)

ratso
10-10-2006, 08:35 PM
I'd love to hear about how you met. Were you friends first?
Throw me a bone. I'm dieing here. :D
I couldn't be happier for you, TPC. It's wonderful to see you so happy and content.
You both have my very best wishes. :)
Tom, I don't remember if you followed TPC's "personals and on line dating thread"... but that was some good reading on RRL. :idea:

Devil's Advocate
10-10-2006, 08:36 PM
I do know of one couple my age that has been together 20 years, about 10 of them married. 2 kids and just a totally awesome relationship, and pretty much has my post nailed to a tee... I was actually thinking about them as I typed it. It's just not something you see much of nowdays, at least compared to the alternative. People could definitely take lessons from them... I have lunch with "Tim" every Monday at Red Lobster... been doing it for years, and he can't wait to hear about "the weekend"... He says he lives his life vicariously through me... since his is so boring... taking kids to daycare, changing diapers... you know, all the family stuff. It's always how I thought my life would be, and boy did I ever give it a shot or five... For a marriage like theirs, I'd take "boring" in a heartbeat...
Wow..It shows a soft side.. :crossx: I knew it was there somewhere, but you better quickly come back with something man-whorish or your worshipers will quickly stone you to death... :D :p

Tom Brown
10-10-2006, 08:36 PM
I didn't know RLL was still online. :confused:
Thanks for the pointer. :cool:

ratso
10-10-2006, 08:38 PM
I didn't know RLL was still online. :confused:
Thanks for the pointer. :cool:
He pulled it a long time ago... it's off in Cyberspace somewhere...

ratso
10-10-2006, 08:39 PM
Wow..It shows a soft side.. :crossx: I knew it was there somewhere, but you better quickly come back with something man-whorish or your worshipers will quickly stone you to death... :D :p
...damn, how do I delete that? :jawdrop:

Tom Brown
10-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks, Ratso. That's some of the best reading I've ever done. :) :) :)

HCS
10-10-2006, 08:53 PM
:squiggle:

socalmoney
10-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Shouldn't this be posted in this thread
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129482

Trailer Park Casanova
10-11-2006, 03:00 AM
I was in Best Buy, an electronics and appliance store. We met while
I was buying an MP3 player for my son and so was she for her son.
We talked, went to lunch then she came over for dinner later that evening.
The next day we drove to the river to pick up my RV.
I was dating several very attractive girls at the time, and Alice though attractive too, had the golden personality. A real stand out I couldn't let pass for the other chix.
A steady, smart witty girl without a problem or enemy in the world.
The other chix all were astranged from their families and kids, had all kinds of issues, feuds with friends, co-workers neighbors, needed money on and on.
One was a local doctor that was terminated from her hospital, and was being sued by the staff and patients I learned.
I kinda felt most women are like that, headcases, at least from the quality of chix I was meeting. Ya look in the eyes of my friends girlfriends and their was someone in there with them too. Not a straight thought in their mellon.
I was getting laid and that became enough. I learned how to be callous to the other issues, against my nature.
Photoglu mentioned once he'd never take a chic to the river unless she was more than just a lay, and for good reason. Ratso woke me up that they all lie.
Then Alice, the girl with much more to offer, made her presence known more and more, and I woke up to see she was far more than just another attractive piece of ass.
A keeper. A good chic is very hard to find.
She asked me to marry her at the Sand Dunes at my birthday party, and I was all for it.
Successful Marriage statistics give us the best chance of survival.
About 82% according to Newsweek.

blown dough
10-11-2006, 04:17 AM
We are going to celebrate 19 years in October. He is a great husband, a terrific father, my best friend and he's hot.
He thought I was a keeper from day one....
We met on a Friday night in a parking lot at the movies, we then went to a movie on Saturday night. He races dirt bikes so asked me if I wanted to go to Glen Helen and watch him race, now this required us leaving at 4:30am (so being our 2nd date you can imagine what time I had to get up) but I did. He raced his 1st moto and and did awesome, I went to watch his 2nd moto well lets just say he never came out around the corner with the rest of the pack. Being as I never had been to a track before I was not sure what to do. I headed to the finish line where a few minutes later there he was walking his bike back to the truck, he got his bell rung and was cut, scraped everything, not in really good shap but walking slowly with his bike. I helped him walk his bike back to the trailer and helped him get in the truck to lie down. Well now he was out, passed out, sleeping, I don't know (I think just sleeping). So being as I knew nothing about dirt bikes I found someone to help me load his bikes in the trailer, tie them down, got a few directions on how to get home and drove his truck and trailer and him home. I took him to his house when he woke up he had no idea we where home. I helped him inside and he headed for the shower. I had the neighbor boys help me with his bikes and the trailer, left his keys on the counter with a note to call me later and left. He was hurtin and probably pretty embarressed, so I thought I would just give him a little space, I just met the guy.
Well he was amazed and thankful and we have been together ever since and since then he has taken care of me for 19 years. He's the love of my life!!!!!!!!

Trailer Park Casanova
10-11-2006, 04:22 AM
That's a cool story.

ratso
10-11-2006, 05:55 AM
We are going to celebrate 19 years in October. He is a great husband, a terrific father, my best friend and he's hot.
He thought I was a keeper from day one....
We met on a Friday night in a parking lot at the movies, we then went to a movie on Saturday night. He races dirt bikes so asked me if I wanted to go to Glen Helen and watch him race, now this required us leaving at 4:30am (so being our 2nd date you can imagine what time I had to get up) but I did. He raced his 1st moto and and did awesome, I went to watch his 2nd moto well lets just say he never came out around the corner with the rest of the pack. Being as I never had been to a track before I was not sure what to do. I headed to the finish line where a few minutes later there he was walking his bike back to the truck, he got his bell rung and was cut, scraped everything, not in really good shap but walking slowly with his bike. I helped him walk his bike back to the trailer and helped him get in the truck to lie down. Well now he was out, passed out, sleeping, I don't know (I think just sleeping). So being as I knew nothing about dirt bikes I found someone to help me load his bikes in the trailer, tie them down, got a few directions on how to get home and drove his truck and trailer and him home. I took him to his house when he woke up he had no idea we where home. I helped him inside and he headed for the shower. I had the neighbor boys help me with his bikes and the trailer, left his keys on the counter with a note to call me later and left. He was hurtin and probably pretty embarressed, so I thought I would just give him a little space, I just met the guy.
Well he was amazed and thankful and we have been together ever since and since then he has taken care of me for 19 years. He's the love of my life!!!!!!!!
Wow, and I never figured you to be much more than 19 (please don't take offense to that) and then come to find out you have been together 19 years...

blown dough
10-11-2006, 05:58 AM
I don't and thanks, however I did pass 19 like 17 years ago.

lucky
10-11-2006, 06:22 AM
Yes - quite the Thead Ratso !
I would just like to say, I too have had a sucsesful relationship with two of my closest friends,although we have made no formal commitment we have been together for 37 years - and it has seemed to work out just fine ! These two have supported me in everything i do - they are great at handling money , working on cars, taking out the trash , washing dishes,cooking , folding clothes,raking leaves,you name it- they have been Right there for me ! Ohh and let me tell you about our sexual adventures - they love being with other women and touching them all over and caressing the "naughty's " They really know how to touch women ! I'm pround - I have seen them excite and satify most ! They have done everything i have ever asked them to do sexualy with no complaints or whinning ! They make me feel like a Man !
Everyonce in awile I take them both to dinner and they feed me and wipe the lil crusties from the corners of my lips - they really care ! they also caress my hair - and groom me every day . they love taking a shower with me and drying me off - they also make great work out partners and are always there to spot me on the bench press ! These to Our increadable - I Have to hand it to them - they are irreplacable - I never want to lose them life would not be the same !

Devil's Advocate
10-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Yes - quite the Thead Ratso !
I would just like to say, I too have had a sucsesful relationship with two of my closest friends,although we have made no formal commitment we have been together for 37 years - and it has seemed to work out just fine ! These two have supported me in everything i do - they are great at handling money , working on cars, taking out the trash , washing dishes,cooking , folding clothes,raking leaves,you name it- they have been Right there for me ! Ohh and let me tell you about our sexual adventures - they love being with other women and touching them all over and caressing the "naughty's " They really know how to touch women ! I'm pround - I have seen them excite and satify most ! They have done everything i have ever asked them to do sexualy with no complaints or whinning ! They make me feel like a Man !
Everyonce in awile I take them both to dinner and they feed me and wipe the lil crusties from the corners of my lips - they really care ! they also caress my hair - and groom me every day . they love taking a shower with me and drying me off - they also make great work out partners and are always there to spot me on the bench press ! These to Our increadable - I Have to hand it to them - they are irreplacable - I never want to lose them life would not be the same !
LMAO...That's great. Funny but true. Too often people take things for granted, especially when everything is just "handed" to them.

Flyinbowtie
10-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Met in '76, during 1st period of senior year.
Together for 4 years, then married in '80.
Raised two sons, now 18 and 22, both doing well.
We don't aruge over money, 'cause we ain't got any...but we do argue about that. :rollside:
We don't fight about where to go for the holidays.
My in-laws are great.
We did fight about how to raise the kids. I was the over-the-top disciplinarian, and it breaks Cindy's heart to tell 'em, "no", or anything that might seem mean. The truth is we balanced each other out, and the kids seem to have turned out okay, based upon what we hear from other adults about how they act when we are not around.
After 30 years together, she looks like she did when she was seventeen, through my eyes.
That should answer all the other questions. :boxed:
I really don't think any long-term relationship is without arguements and disagreements, two people simply will not always agree on everything. What makes the relationship work is the ability to work through the challenges, the absolute commitment to each other and the unshakeable will to face the world together, back to back.
If you have that, you win.

Her454
10-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Met in '76, during 1st period of senior year.
Together for 4 years, then married in '80.
Raised two sons, now 18 and 22, both doing well.
We don't aruge over money, 'cause we ain't got any...but we do argue about that. :rollside:
We don't fight about where to go for the holidays.
My in-laws are great.
We did fight about how to raise the kids. I was the over-the-top disciplinarian, and it breaks Cindy's heart to tell 'em, "no", or anything that might seem mean. The truth is we balanced each other out, and the kids seem to have turned out okay, based upon what we hear from other adults about how they act when we are not around.
After 30 years together, she looks like she did when she was seventeen, through my eyes.
That should answer all the other questions. :boxed:
I really don't think any long-term relationship is without arguements and disagreements, two people simply will not always agree on everything. What makes the relationship work is the ability to work through the challenges, the absolute commitment to each other and the unshakeable will to face the world together, back to back.
If you have that, you win.
I've had the pleasure of getting to know FBT and his wife Cindy. Two of the best people I've ever met and a marriage/family to be envious of. Its out there....

Sleek-Jet
10-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Well, I can say is she makes me laugh, will scratch my back on occasion, and nothing has ever even felt like we were "working" at this...
With my jadded view on things, I never knew this was possible. :)

Flyinbowtie
10-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Thanks, Traci.
We love you, too.

Misogynist
10-11-2006, 09:41 PM
...some people just never forget things... damn drunk posting... :idea:
Yeah... you're talking to a guy that has "done" sisters.... I even did two girls one night that were "aunt/neice".... BUT I SURE AS HELL WOULD NEVER DO MY MOTHER-IN..... Nor would I ever forget someone telling me that they DID!!! :crossx: :devil:

ratso
10-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Yeah... you're talking to a guy that has "done" sisters.... I even did two girls one night that were "aunt/neice".... BUT I SURE AS HELL WOULD NEVER DO MY MOTHER-IN..... Nor would I ever forget someone telling me that they DID!!! :crossx: :devil:
...have you ever had a hot ass mother in law? :idea:

fatboy95
10-12-2006, 10:43 AM
I met her in 9th grade math class. Married 21 years this Feb 14th. Sometimes it's work and its worth it.
Very Cool. Was she one of your students????? :220v:

ratso
10-12-2006, 10:45 AM
...cool, that would be a new "twist" to this thread... :crossx:

Queenbee
10-13-2006, 08:44 AM
How do I sent this thread to my husband so he can post how wonderful I am and our marriage is? Or should I just log in as him and type for him?
"She is so cool...the best thing that ever happened to me...without her I am nothing but an empty shell...."LOL :devil: :D
(He'll regret the day he gave me his password :crossx: )

Misogynist
10-13-2006, 02:48 PM
...have you ever had a hot ass mother in law? :idea:
Nope.... I've been divorced for 25 years.... my ex's mother was about 57 when we were married. Not do-able Ratso... not do-able. But the "aunt/neice" combo were only about 6 years apart in age... Does that count for anything?...... :crossx:

dragboat
10-13-2006, 04:29 PM
LMAO! No, she never has listened...Cant tell her nuthin

EAZYKILLER2006
10-15-2006, 10:58 PM
HAPPY~married 24 years and are happy also~ we have 2 sons 20 and 23~ i am 42 and hubby is 45 and this pic of me was taken this summer no one thinks we are as old as we are ~and that we have been married as long as we have ~with kids as old as our ~guess its just the results of a HAPPY MARRIAGE